Ever wanted that "brown sound" from a pedal?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Is it common for reverb to even be a function of this sort of pedal? Wouldn't most guitarists, or in ELVIS' case, guitar players, () prefer to work with their amps reverb?

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
      I've read quite a few negative reviews about this pedal...mostly about noise...

It seems the brown control is a phaser circuit and you can hear some phasing in the demos...

Another complaint is that the gain isn't really variable but more on or off...

There are plenty of good reviews though and the reverb gets high marks across the board...

I saw one went recently for $103 on eBay which is very reasonable...

It's still there.

I very nearly bought it, looks like it's going to be close to 3 times that new here.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        A friend of mine lent me a Chinese made (Joyo?) over-drive pedal that wasn't a whole lot different from this one. Only $40. That's cuntsiderably less than whatever Frankenstriped pedal Ed has out. I wonder where EVH pedals are even made.
        A Chinese made Joyo over-drive. It sounds like a sex toy to me.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

This drives me nuts. Could there really be a difference in sound worth paying an additional $50 for?? Who gives a crap about the paint job of a little metal box meant for stomping on??

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge

This drives me nuts. Could there really be a difference in sound worth paying an additional $50 for?? Who gives a crap about the paint job of a little metal box meant for stomping on??
            On te EVH one, the little white switch changes it the the eqivalent of the orange cursive model...so isn;t it like buying both versions of the orange one? Almost a deal from that persepective
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Etienne
              Commando
              • Aug 2010

Check out the Carl Martin Plexitone (2012). Simply the best brown sound pedal on earth.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I tried the Mad Professor 1...didn't work at all for me. Maybe if you had a really clean amp it would work? ''
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I got the MXR 5150 and Bogner LaGrange pedals for Christmas. The 5150 pedal is great. Sounds very close to the amp. The LaGrange is cool. It has a variac switch and you can make it act like an old Marshall being ran at low voltage.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...