No announcement yet.

"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Smaller stadium than MetLife by about 14,000. Upper tier at MetLife goes all the way around without the notches in the corners.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• I guess with the Stones demographic at this point people less keen on the standing area...

Comment

• Hardy har har...

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
            I guess with the Stones demographic at this point people less keen on the standing area...
            One of my first thoughts when I got to my seat...holy hell, a lot of these people look OLD and they can barely walk. Watching them trying to navigate the steps was fun.

I'm sure a lot of them were closer to 60 than I am. I felt pretty good about myself lol.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
              No Brown Sugar.
              Why the Rolling Stones Aren't Playing 'Brown Sugar' on 2021 Tour

"The Rolling Stones have conspicuously omitted their controversial 1971 hit "Brown Sugar" from their
              recent shows on the No Filter Tour. The reason varies, depending on which band member you ask."
              Originally posted by sadaist
              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Originally posted by silverfish View Post
                Why the Rolling Stones Aren't Playing 'Brown Sugar' on 2021 Tour

"The Rolling Stones have conspicuously omitted their controversial 1971 hit "Brown Sugar" from their
                recent shows on the No Filter Tour. The reason varies, depending on which band member you ask."
                Yeah, saw that too. I figured it was as simple as wanting to put the two new songs in. They don't seem like the kind to bow to pressure, but I doubt you are going to hear Mick sing "black girls just want to get fucked all night" again.

They didn't do Sympathy on the Licks tour stop here. We got four from Exile, which was a nice treat.
                Last edited by twonabomber; 10-09-2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• I am in this picture

Comment

• Guess who?
                    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Looking good Twona

Comment

• Look at almost no one here tonight...

Comment

• Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
                          Yeah, saw that too. I figured it was as simple as wanting to put the two new songs in. They don't seem like the kind to bow to pressure, but I doubt you are going to hear Mick sing "black girls just want to get fucked all night" again.
                          They have enough songs that they can drop it just to save the hassle.

That said it's pretty clear at this point that there is an invisible line that once you are over it you are immune and they could do it if they wanted.

Elvis, Michael Jackson, Jimmy Page and Bill Wyman have created art that is seen as being too good to be cancelled just because they technically or in one case just plain raped some kids.

Gary Glitter just not good enough, although ok enough to be in the Joker movie so he's close.
                          Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-09-2021, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            Look at almost no one here tonight...
                            That was a half hour after the gates opened. The fireworks pic is at the end of the show. Full stadium.

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                            Looking good Twona
                            When I first looked at your reply I was on my phone and didn't see the circle. Now I do.

Opposite side of the stadium, fifth section from the stage, first two sections are empty, lower bowl. Third row down from the top of the section on the right hand aisle. By myself with two in front of me.
                            Last edited by twonabomber; 10-09-2021, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Did you know that "Trouble's A Comin" was a cover?? I didn't!

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• I prefer Ain't too proud to beg or Just my imagination, by very far.
                                Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 10-13-2021, 07:10 AM.
                                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X