Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The GOP is owned by the bankers. If Ron Paul gets in he will make an executive order for the US Treasury Department to issue debt free money and accept it for payment in taxes. Then this money will go to the people instead of big foreign or Wall Street banks and once that money is out there, people will start to hire, they will start businesses, commerce will pick up. People will choose the Federal money over the Federal Reserve money because it's cheaper and it's backed by the US Government. Bye Bye Federal Reserve. Then the whole trend will snowball to other countries.

Ron Paul is fucking dangerous if you are a big banker so they will do what they have to do to keep this man out of office.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
      the rEVOLution is on!

first the precincts, then the districts, now the counties... next the states!
      On what?

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

You are right Nitro. The last President we had that tried that was JFK....he even went so far as to order our currency to be backed by Silver....and it got so far as dollar bills being issued by the Treasury called "Silver Certificates".

Kennedy wanted the Federal Government to control the currency...NOT the Federal Reserve Bank.

Amazing how one President could piss off everyone on Earth you do not want to piss off, ALL AT THE SAME TIME. The FBI, the CIA, The Mafia, The Federal Reserve Bank, Castro, Krushev, LBJ.....

Well, we all know what happened next. And the Silver Certificates were all recalled, and the Federal Reserve Bank got back to "business as usual".

With some of the policies Ron Paul has, I think him refusing Secret Service protection is extremely dangerous.

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          On what?
          On track to capture a lot of the caucus delegates. In other news, RP just took all the delegates in St. Louis, MO!
          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

I'm hopeful for the final totals. Every delegate Ron Paul takes beyond what the media claims he would get in a proportional allocation is a delegate he takes from someone else... moving him up in the placements. Romney and Santorum won't have as many delegates from those early states as everyone thinks.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Again, I seriously hope those of you who think Ron Paul might actually win via delegates taking over a brokered convention, are doing all you can to elect Liberals to congress. Because solid Liberal majorities in both houses are the only defense against a Randtard fascist nightmare, in the unlikely event that Ron Paul becomes President.

If we could actually have the Congressional election first, and this was accomplished, I'd actually consider voting for the old wacko.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dr. Love
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

if a liberal or conservative or whatever is in line with my philosophy, I'm voting for them. As long as I feel like I can trust them.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

if a liberal or conservative or whatever is in line with my philosophy, I'm voting for them. As long as I feel like I can trust them.
                  Trust? Well that eliminates 99.9% of the politicians you can choose from.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• knuckleboner
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

RP polls best against Obama - again

Romney is actually not the most electable Republican candidate on this poll. Ron Paul and Rick Santorum both do a point better than him, trailing by 3 points at 46-43 and 48-45 respectively. As we often find to be the case Paul is the strongest candidate with independents, tying Obama with them while the rest of the GOP field trails by 6-15 points. The reason Santorum does better than Romney is a slightly more unified Republican base, getting 81% of his party vote to 78% for Romney.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...l-margins.html
                    absolutely false. there is no way in hell that ron paul could win in a general election. none. no republican's going to run ads attacking ron paul for his positions on social security and medicare. but, without question, he'd get decimated in a general election once his opponent and the independent PACs started making it clear.

mind you, i'm NOT trying to convince you not to support ron paul if he best represents your views. good.

however, this particular poll is meaningless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                      Did he solve any of them, fucktard?
                      "Solve"? I think he finally withdrew the troops from Iraq for one. The Great Recession never became a depression for two...but I'm not really a fan of defending Obama on the internetz since he's disappointed me a bit too...

Fucktard? Really?

Oooh, a "vast" blanket statement! Seems you Asperger's no no grammatical bounds.
                      Psycho, histrionic bitch says what?

Ever heard of the NDAA Bill, fuckhead?
                      Yeah, it has something to do with defense, and your apparent love for the f-bomb...

Kardashian? Personally, I never seen the show, Nick. Must be a "vast" blanket statement on your part;
                      I'm sorry. I must have been making assumptions based on your pulling facts out of your ass. Silly me!

...food and gas prices on the rise, but foreclosures are down 33% which you are basing your freshly Googled DOW 2007 levels upon, and what "vasly" (there is that word again) ecomonist are you citing that you cannot Google in 5 minutes? If you don't think the ecomoney is still in the shitter, you really need to find yourself a job and get the fuck out of your parent's house. Quit Googling your "vast" arguments, fuckhead.
                      I didn't "Google" anything, you fuckity-fuck! It's called reading the paper, the occasional magazine, and articles on internet news sites...

Good for you, Nick.
                      Yep! Super good for me...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Then what was he promising, Google Boy?
                        Vague shit, like every politician...

Also haven't tried running for any political office, either.
                        Oh, you don't tell people what they want to hear?

Again good for you. Might come in handy when you apply at BestBuy. And he is a puppet.
                        I doubt they'd hire me. But good of you to slight the personnel of BestBuy. I know, you're too good for the scum you encounter on your trite mall wanderings...

Only if you go fuck yourself with a chainsaw.
                        You're so kinky!

Comment

• Dr. Love
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                          absolutely false. there is no way in hell that ron paul could win in a general election. none. no republican's going to run ads attacking ron paul for his positions on social security and medicare. but, without question, he'd get decimated in a general election once his opponent and the independent PACs started making it clear.

mind you, i'm NOT trying to convince you not to support ron paul if he best represents your views. good.

however, this particular poll is meaningless.
                          I'm not sure his positions on SS or Medicare are a big problem? He's said many times that he's going to do everything he can to make them solvent and protected from being spent on anything else while allowing people under 25 to opt out if they wish. He ensures there is solvency there for the future by reducing overseas spending.

I don't think the poll is meaningless. It shows how people view electability.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

On track to capture a lot of the caucus delegates. In other news, RP just took all the delegates in St. Louis, MO!
                            here's a quote from one of the people there:

We won all 36 delegates and all 36 alternates!

I was just elected a delegate for the city of St. Louis caucus, it was winner take all and that we did. The vote went something like this: 148 votes for our slate,72 for Santorum slate, 50 or so the the Romney slate. There was not a Newt supporter to be found. We immediately took control of the caucus and it went reasonably well. The other two sides were very unorganized and our organization really shined. If any of the volunteers are reading you guys rocked! I work a lot during the week and have a hard time volunteering, but am definitely going to try from here on out. On a side note, I was surprised there were even that many Republicans in the city limits, nice to see you all!

Comment

• knuckleboner
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

I'm not sure his positions on SS or Medicare are a big problem? He's said many times that he's going to do everything he can to make them solvent and protected from being spent on anything else while allowing people under 25 to opt out if they wish. He ensures there is solvency there for the future by reducing overseas spending.

I don't think the poll is meaningless. It shows how people view electability.
                              it doesn't matter what he says now. it mattters that the democrats will put up paul's old quotes and he'll have to either repudiate them (flip flop) or try and explain them away (typical politician.) either way, once people start putting out negatives against him, ron paul's ratings will drop. nobody's doing that in the primary. santorum and gingrich are attacking romney, and to a lesser extent obama. romney's attacking obama, and to a lesser extent santorum.

hence why i think the poll is meaningless with respect to ron paul vs. obama performance. whatever the polls are showing now will inevitably change significantly once people actually start going negative against paul. and, for better or for worse, obama's negatives already are out there.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

fair enough

At the same time I think if he did get the nomination and got his ideas out there and was able to talk about liberty and freedom and what he wants to do, he would appeal to a lot more people as well.

Comment

Working...