X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figs
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Terrible news for sure. He was a rock idol of mine and my friends way back when. Sad to think no one will get to see him perform live again....

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Despite the overwhelming tragedy, it is good to see some old hands around here, like Phoenix, and Von.

Von? You were responsible for me being a member.

I was doing an internet search for Heavy back in about 2002 or so, and Google served up a post you made about him.

I looked around the forums and felt like I had come home. I signed up immediately.

IF you recall, I was at that same Century II show.

I drove through Wichita over last Christmas. Moving from my last "hometown" to my new one, and thought I would stop by. It was a shell of it's former self.

Oh well.

All we can do is carry on.

As I learned when I lost 4 members of my family inside the past 9 years....you never get over it. You just have to get through it.

Roth on.
      Last edited by Hardrock69; 10-07-2020, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Exactly, it's like when you attend funerals, you get to meet old-time friends there.

Dave got us together here, all right, but so did Eddie, as both are tied forever.
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
          Sirius channel 27 has become the Van Halen tribute channel
          Been listening today..fuck me, Im even enjoying SOME of the Hagar era..I am kinda surprised by the mainstream media coverage.. Ed was a almost a hermit but this news is everywhere you turn.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

In all of these Eddie tributes I'm seeing little mention of Gary Cherone. I think that is appalling, unforgivable and disrespectful. Van Halen III was a tour de force

Also, across YouGoob are a lot of failed musicians who somehow can afford expensive gear are playing their gawd-awful solos to Eddie. Why? If you or you know someone who is doing this please stop.

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

They are playing VH3 songs on sirius 27...Ed's playing is great on this stuff..

Comment

• Lqskdiver
                Sniper
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Its almost October 10, 2021(@4:11 mark)

I don't think we're gonna see a FAT DLR.

Comment

• Lqskdiver
                  Sniper
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                  I think they shut him down after “Love Walks In”...
                  Was it this guy? Satsuma is the shit.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

That's a cool story about Jason Becker and Ed regarding A Little Ain't Enough...

Unfortunately the video may not stand up well for the current times due to midgets in black-face... definitely different times...
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• WARF
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

From Doug Hitchens aka hitch1996

Alright you buncha pussies. Get ready, because you won't like this.

Fuck you all.

Eddie Van Halen WAS Van Halen.
                        Not David Lee Roth. Not Sammy Hagar. Not Michael Anthony. Not Alex, nor Wolfie.

Allow me to give some background. I was born in 1996, the year Gary Cherone was implemented into Van Halen. Naturally, I was not a part of the Van Halen fandom during any of the vocalists' "prime."

I am also the eldest son of Doug Hitchens, an avid fan, and previously active member of Van Halen News Desk, The Roth Army-#1 source of DLR and Classic Van Halen discussion since 1999, David Lee Roth Presents: HANG EM’ HIGH!, and most importantly, hitchWORLD1969®. So Fucking RESPEKT®.

My favorite Van Halen albums, in order from best to worst are:

Fair Warning
                        Van Halen
                        OU812
                        Diver Down
                        For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
                        Balance
                        Women and Children First
                        Van Halen II
                        A Different Kind of Truth
                        Van Halen III (lol)

I didn't put much thought into that and answers are subject to change™.

MY POINT:

Both Roth and Hagar are egocentric pieces of poopy™.

I don't understand why Roth is held on such a high pedestal. Yes, he was the original vocalist of VH. Yes he brought a more metal and high energy feel to VH than Sammy. Yes, he was a phenomenal front man, with high energy, rich ideas, and blinding showmanship; without him, it is a semi-arguable (emphasis on the SEMI) point that EVH would have been a nobody. And, of course, yes, this is a fan page dedicated to him, so I realize my posting of this is out of place and going to be criticized by all who see it.

BUTT™!...

He fucking sucked at singing. In the 70's, in the 80's, in the 90's, in the 00's, AND ESPECIALLY IN A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRUTH!!! I mean FUCK!!!! A Different Kind of Truth was terrible from a vocal perspective. It took me fucking 20 listens to finally appreciate it, and even then, it was only because he is the "face" of what Van Halen "should be." Not a single one of you Roth-dick-sucking-motherfuckers could ever convince me that the vocals on that album are objectively even decent, nor that he deserves to be sucking his own dick in Vegas, Right Now©. If that was his first album he ever appeared on, he would've been laughed in the face at by every single third grader who has ever touched a fucking recorder.

Now that's not to say I don't enjoy Roth-Era VH. Quite the opposite. I love ALL Van Halen. Also, there is no doubt in my mind that DLR fits fucking perfectly with VH. The magic of those first six albums are unobtainable by anyone and anything that will ever exist. His voice sits so perfectly in the mix and all of those albums are masterpieces ('cept Van Halen II... for some reason I really don't care for that album). Also, being an angsty 24 year old with no parents and a love for heavy music, I could cut every other musical act out of my diet (including Hagar-Era VH), and die a happy life.

The last statement above is probably false™.

Now for Hagar. Sammy is undoubtedly the better vocalist of VH. I get it, Roth has more album sales than Hagar (57M vs 27M circa 2015); keep in mind though, DLR has never had a billboard #1 album with VH, while ALL four of Sammy's VH albums reached #1.

Buuttfuck© that. Y'all are a bunch of cumguzzling Roth sluts and that won't mean anything to you. Dave still wins, right? Wrong!!! Sammy can actually fucking sing. Always has been able to, still can, and probably always will be able to. Not to fucking mention he let Ed do whatever he wanted to musically, y'know because he could actually work with whatever Eddie put on the table. Roth was restricted to that gritty, hard rock sound because his voice is TERRIBLE. It only works with the edgy, heavily distorted rock sound because his voice is also heavily distorted. And shitty™. Did I mention shitty™?

"BUt AlL SAmMy WrOTe wAs CheESy LoVe SoNgS AnD BaLLaDs!!" Newsflash, pussies!! Five Roth songs have "love" in the title, compared to Sammy's three. I know this isn't an accurate indicator but THEY BOTH WROTE A FAIR AMOUNT OF CHEESY ASS SONGS ABOUT GIRLS!

Furthermore, as I stated at the beginning of this post, Van Halen is EDWARD FUCKING VAN HALEN®!!!! It's been proven (via Sammy, and hell, fucking Cherone even) that Eddie would have made it big no matter what without Dave, but I would bet your bottom dollhair® that Dave would have been a nobody without the compatibility and grit that Ed brought to the table.

Also, who cares about the (two) whiney lead singers of the band, when Eddie clearly had all the talent? I realize I'm not on a "Van Halen" fan page, rather an "Oh MY GoD, DLr iS ThE BeST ANd i WAnT HiM tO EnTEr mY aSShoLE IN a NoN gRAcEfuLL MAnnEr, nO MaTTeR tHe CoSt" page but... This post is in tribute to him, and all of his musical greatness. He truly changed the world of rock and the state of the music industry as a whole. A truly great innovator who was tragically taken from us on the day of yester™. May he shred in peace, among all the other guitar heroes who have been taken from us... if you believe in that shit. Religion is Fake and Gay®.

Alright you fucking snowflakes™. What have you to say about this? I'm sure I've converted no one, and pissed all of you off in the process. Please let me remain a member of this glorious™ page, as I promise to no longer stir the pot. This page was very important to my father, the great HITCHbrain®, and I wish to remain a member, as I find more and more that aspects of his life are fading away from mine, and that makes me one sad panda™.

I'll leave you with one more remark:

This is all in good fun. I don't give a fuck what you like, or what you think about me, or Sammy, or Dave, or any of this bullshit. At the end of the day, both of them have sold 27M/57M (respektively®) more albums than any of you cowards. And by some odd chance you care about what I think, I already told you. I love ALL Van Halen. I was not born into prejudice, and I think y'all should focus a little more on Ed Boi™. He was the REAL musician.

P.S. - Cherone was the best VH vocalist. Fight me. Also, WARF, my father also loved both Van Halen eras

Much love to all, no matter how wrong you cunts are

-hitch1996®
                        Last edited by WARF; 10-07-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• TJMKID
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

Dave is still porking hot women just like the ones in that video.

I am as sure of that fact as I am that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow and Tax-Dodger Trump is going to prison for a long, long time.

Originally posted by Lqskdiver

Its almost October 10, 2021(@4:11 mark)

I don't think we're gonna see a FAT DLR.

Comment

• TJMKID
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

I hate that he does so many Van Hagar covers --- but his playing is pretty tasty

Originally posted by Lqskdiver
                            Was it this guy? Satsuma is the shit.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Gene Simmons gets emotional as he pays tribute to Eddie Van Halen

dailymail.co.uk
                              Gene Simmons gets emotional as he pays tribute to Eddie Van Halen
                              Roxy Simons

'I'm devastated': Kiss icon Gene Simmons gets emotional as he pays tribute to friend Eddie Van Halen and admits he'd be 'bawling his eyes out' if he wasn't wearing sunglasses

Published: 04:49 EDT, 7 October 2020 | Updated: 04:57 EDT, 7 October 2020

Kiss icon Gene Simmons got emotional as he paid tribute to his late friend Eddie Van Halen on Wednesday's Good Morning Britain.

The musician, 71, admitted he was 'devastated' after hearing news of the rocker's passing at the age of 65 on Tuesday, following a battle with throat cancer.

Gene wore a hat and shielded his eyes with a pair of sunglasses as he claimed he would be 'bawling his eyes out' if he didn't cover up during the interview.

Referring to Piers Morgan, who had showed a clip from when he interviewed Eddie in the past, Gene said: 'Look today you show videos of you and Eddie and that’s wonderful, its interesting, and I talk about how I helped record their first album but I was just there in the beginning.

'But, it ain't about us, sadly the good die young and I am devastated by this.'

Talking about his attire for the interview, he went on: 'People may say it's part of the rocker facade wearing this hat but if I took this off then I would be bawling my eyes out, I’m devastated.

'There are so many good people in the world who should still be here.'

Paying an emotional tribute to Eddie, he added: 'You seldom meet a beautiful soul, I’m not talking yours truly, I couldn't sign Eddie's shoes.

'I fell prey to ego and fame and all things like that and I never saw Eddie fall into that and the self-aggrandisement etc. it was all about his music... not since Hendrix, Eddie changed the world.

'Eddie van Halen never said a bad thing about anything... when I heard the sad news, the first thing I thought of was his smile, which might seem strange.'

Gushing about Eddie's talent as a musician, Gene went on: 'He played emotionally and taught himself, what you saw this phenomenon that was Eddie was self-taught.

'I was there in the beginning and saw the phenomenon that was Eddie. It was exciting and that's what was... sorry I'm getting quite caught up here... man’s best friend is a dog but clearly Eddie’s best relationship with a guitar.'

Eddie passed away at at St. Johns Hospital in Santa Monica, California with his wife Janie, his son Wolfgang and brother and drummer Alex next to him, according to TMZ.

'I can't believe I'm having to write this but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, has lost his long and arduous battle with cancer this morning,' Wolfgang said in a tweet.

He added: 'He was the best father I could ever ask for. Every moment I've shared with him on and off stage was a gift....My heart is broken and I don't think I will ever fully recover from this loss.'

Eddie, who never really learned to read music, had a sudden decline in health in the past 72 hours, according to TMZ.

His throat cancer had reportedly gone to his brain as well as other parts of his body, it was added, and the site said that he had been 'in and out of the hospital over the past year.'

Veteran rocker Eddie was diagnosed with cancer nearly 20 years ago and had been traveling between the United States and Germany for treatment.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• TJMKID
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                                Unfortunately the video may not stand up well for the current times due to midgets in black-face... definitely different times...
                                I'm gonna be sick to my stomach when all the Millenial music editors are writing the obit for Dave -- "He was the flamboyant frontman for legendary 80's rock band Van Halen but he caused a lot of controversy when he featured racial stereotypes in his videos like 'California Girls' and insulted vertically-challenged people as well"

Comment

Working...