X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yomaster
    Roadie
    • Feb 2004

Cover of Jamie's Cryin'

Hey guys.. I'm sorry I don't come on and chat like the old days. just too busy.. work..bands..etc. But anyway I thought some of you might enjoy this cover. Some guy off youtube ripped all the vocals out. I'm singing lead and backing vocals. Just goes to show you how great a singer Michael Anthony is.. I am still not happy with how the backing vocals sounds. Michael truly has a unique sounding voice..and an insanely high range that always seems to be effortless for him.

If ya have time take a listen...and thanks...

I'm a huge fan of David Lee Roth so here goes... I wish I had Michael Anthony to sing the backing vocals.. they are NOT easy!!Thank you to youtube user Dusty...
    Last edited by yomaster; 03-22-2015, 03:34 PM.
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Jamie wept.

Comment

• yomaster
      Roadie
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
      Jamie wept.
      I'm really messing up the embedded video code.. sorry about that.

Comment

• WARF
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

These are great vocals and you did an outstanding job!
        Love the Roth screams!

Comment

• yomaster
          Roadie
          • Feb 2004

Thank you.. was a lot fun

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Very good work! To me it sounds like you need a led vocal on top of the backing vocals and you'll be in very good shape. Maybe try and push things a little bit, the lead vocals sound very 'safe'.. like you're in your comfort zone. Not bashing you, just my 2 cents! Well done!
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Are you the same guy who posted a clip of you doing an ad for your band's show, filled with Roth-type screams? You definitely have those down tight. You're right about the backing vocals though. Mike is a tough one to replicate. Nice job.

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by yomaster
                I'm really messing up the embedded video code.. sorry about that.
                Good. We don't want your ugly mug embedded here anyway!

Are you using Chrome? I can't embed video's from Chrome. I have to open Explorer to embed. I'm too lazy to figure out why.

By the way, I agree with VAiN. Not a knock at all. You did great. Dave should hire you to hide back stage and do the screams!

Comment

• yomaster
                  Roadie
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                  Good. We don't want your ugly mug embedded here anyway!

Are you using Chrome? I can't embed video's from Chrome. I have to open Explorer to embed. I'm too lazy to figure out why.

By the way, I agree with VAiN. Not a knock at all. You did great. Dave should hire you to hide back stage and do the screams!
                  haha Yep Chrome.. You are hilarious Von.. how ya been?

Comment

• yomaster
                    Roadie
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                    Are you the same guy who posted a clip of you doing an ad for your band's show, filled with Roth-type screams? You definitely have those down tight. You're right about the backing vocals though. Mike is a tough one to replicate. Nice job.
                    Yep that was me haha. Thank you for listening

Comment

• yomaster
                      Roadie
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                      Very good work! To me it sounds like you need a led vocal on top of the backing vocals and you'll be in very good shape. Maybe try and push things a little bit, the lead vocals sound very 'safe'.. like you're in your comfort zone. Not bashing you, just my 2 cents! Well done!
                      Thank you.. I would have put a strong backing vocal on top but that part is pretty high.. but I'll shoot for that next time. And as far as the lead vocal I get what you are saying.. but this tune is actually pretty laid back.. Dave is pretty chill on this one vocally. But next time I'll do something a little heavier and let it rip! Thanks for listening!

Comment

Working...