Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Open with "Drop Dead Legs". Then go into a buzzing bunch of noise that results in "Romeo Delight", or "I'm The One".

Play anything except "I'll Wait" or "Jump", gimme a bunch of Fair Warning tracks. Maybe throw in a version of "Could This Be Magic" before "Ice Cream Man".

And let Roth get out there with his Dave-sickle and play "79th & Sunset" or "Tin Cup Chalice" (with backing on the latter).

Oh, and I want a DVD of this shit (part of the ticket price) sent to my home after I have supplied my mailing address at the venue, once I leave the show...say within 48 hours.

A bumper sticker would be cool in the mailing, as well. Or at least a coupon for a VH 2015 baseball cap.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

You have to believe Dave has seen these clips..I honestly would love to know what he thinks...Wolf really seems to be gently pushing the songs he wants to play..

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
        I'm concerned that Dave will treat the setlist additions like he did the handful of deep cuts in 2012.. Brutal. I hope he's reading up.

I'm telling ya, Ozzy monitor.....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
          You have to believe Dave has seen these clips..I honestly would love to know what he thinks...Wolf really seems to be gently pushing the songs he wants to play..

Well, that's the caveat to all of these songs, Dave has to want to sing them.....

It's just like LUTS and As Is last tour.... Great vid from the Greensboro soundcheck (while we were at Fat Dogs drinking beer), but as EVH said then, it's up to Dave if he wants to sing them....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• perrin29
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2012

I see good things coming for this tour. Just the fact they are posting rehearsal footage is cool and that someone seems to be paying attention to the requesting album cuts. And agreed, throw a prompter up there. Beats going back do the drum riser and reading off a sheet.

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Put that big ass screen at the back of the venue and broadcast lyrics on it.
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

A photo (or video) of Dave rehearsing at 5150 with these guys is as rare as one of Norman Rockwell beating up a child. Apologies to Steven Wright.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Little Guitars....

Small 🎸 A video posted by Wolf Van Halen (@wolfvanhalen) on May 2, 2015 at 3:51pm PDT

Comment

• perrin29
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2012

Beautiful! If they put a clip of Fools or DOA up I shall soil thy self...

Comment

• philouze
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2004

Drop Dead Legs, Little Guitars, Dirty Movies.. Nice. Very nice.
                      Now Dave, stop being a prick and learn them lyrics. Oh, and stop singing like a faggot. You're not Freddie Mercury, get over it already.

Am I the only one here who thinks this is just bullshit? I mean, it's not like they're Really going to play those songs, heh?

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by philouze
                        Drop Dead Legs, Little Guitars, Dirty Movies.. Nice. Very nice.
                        Now Dave, stop being a prick and learn them lyrics. Oh, and stop singing like a faggot. You're not Freddie Mercury, get over it already.

Am I the only one here who thinks this is just bullshit? I mean, it's not like they're Really going to play those songs, heh?
                        You arent the only one..I think the band obviously wants to play them..but God forbid , Dave isnt going to try something new( GGB lasted no time last tour)..I want to know if they have talked about these tunes with Dave at all...I doubt it.

Comment

• perrin29
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                          You arent the only one..I think the band obviously wants to play them..but God forbid , Dave isnt going to try something new( GGB lasted no time last tour)..I want to know if they have talked about these tunes with Dave at all...I doubt it.
                          It was flipped in and out til about May I think. Same with Outta Love. Bottoms Up only made in one show I think and Hang Em High was maybe a couple.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Light Up The Sky...

💡⬆️the☁️ A video posted by Wolf Van Halen (@wolfvanhalen) on May 3, 2015 at 3:59pm PDT

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

How's about some "Take Yer Whiskey Home", ?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

It's very cool to see the "three twins" rehearsing these gems, but let's face it, it all comes down to whether or not Dave will sing them. I see this whole movement becoming a flashpoint for another fight between Dave, Ed, and Al.

On the positive side, it shows me that Wolfgang is keeping his ear to the ground, and maybe woke his pops and uncle up to the fact that true fans are pissed that they're being sold this "live album" as an excuse for a cash grab "greatest hits tour."

Maybe they finally realize the stupidity of performing "greatest hits" live, based on a LIVE recording of "greatest hits" from 2 fucking years ago.

Maybe they finally realize that perhaps they overestimated the level of "fan desperation", and that their strategy of starving fans to the point of near death and then throwing them small morsels of food won't work this time. I think most of us are completely over being "enablers" to these guys...acting like abused spouses who know they should leave but decide to stick around for "one more chance" because "deep down, he/she is really a good person who cares about me."

The fans have spoken. If we're going to pay through the nose for concert tickets again, then we had better hear some FUCKING songs that we didn't just hear two years ago, and are now hearing again on the "Tokyo Dome" recording. VH has gotten wind of this and are now scrambling to dig out the deep cuts / B-sides and perhaps give the fans what they want for a change.

But if Dave won't sing 'em, it won't be worth shit. And wouldn't it just be fitting if this whole tour imploded over the idea of giving the fans what they want? That is SO Van Halen....
                                Originally posted by perilouspete
                                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

Working...