• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Von Halen
    Fuck a stupid fucking bullshit movie.

How about fucking releasing the US Festival? Or Oakland? Or Largo? Or South America? Or whatever the fuck else they've got?

A fucking Hollywood movie. You dumb motherfuckers never cease to amaze me.
    Given a choice between a movie or official release of old shows, it's a no brainer to go with the latter. But since we're not only not getting a choice; we're just getting nothing, I maintain a greedy desire of both.

I know you're not much for film, Von. I can appreciate that, but I do think the stories in VHR would make a great movie in the vain of Almost Famous by Cameron Crowe, in fact, he'd be a good director for such a project. A movie may actually not be enough time to properly do some of the tales justice. A Netflix season or two would be good.

Comment

• beavrtek
      Full On Cocktard
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      Yeah, they're gonna make a movie about...what? They gonna show Dave holed up in his hotel room moping by himself? Ed sitting in his hotel room snorting coke and drankin cheap beer and strummin his electric twanger geetar? Trust me - nobody wants to see the real Van Halen behind the scenes.
      Of course they don't... but as you may recall there was a moment or two when VH had the world at their feet.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

dammit
        Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 02-09-2016, 06:33 PM. Reason: boobs
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

old guit.jpg
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• beavrtek
            Full On Cocktard
            • Aug 2004

I'm still having a hard time with what I'm reading on pg.310 (2nd to last paragraph).

btw, I do not believe that the Chris Holmes/swimming pool scene in TDOWC ptII is based in reality...

but then again, maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by beavrtek
              I'm still having a hard time with what I'm reading on pg.310 (2nd to last paragraph).

btw, I do not believe that the Chris Holmes/swimming pool scene in TDOWC ptII is based in reality...

but then again, maybe I just haven't been paying attention.
              Yeah, that swimming pool scene always seemed somewhat staged to me.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Of course they don't... but as you may recall there was a moment or two when VH had the world at their feet.
                The nation maybe but not the world. That went out the window when Dave quit the band in 85. Then again it was dangling at the edge a few albums before the end.
                Last edited by cadaverdog; 02-15-2016, 09:19 PM.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  The nation maybe but not the world. That went out the window when Dave quit the band in 85. Then again it was dangling at the edge a few albums before the end.
                  Yeah, Van Halen never really broke quite as big in Europe as they did in the US, outside of the Jump single. The CVH lineup did a few tours over there, and I think Roth was one of the acts at Donnington in the late 1980s, but by the time Van Halen got back over there on the Balance tour they were opening up for Bon Jovi.

I don't know if it is a matter of complicated logistics or a lack of certainty as to how ticket sales would be, but for whatever reasons Van Halen doesn't bother with Europe, and I doubt that will change.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                    Yeah, Van Halen never really broke quite as big in Europe as they did in the US, outside of the Jump single. The CVH lineup did a few tours over there, and I think Roth was one of the acts at Donnington in the late 1980s, but by the time Van Halen got back over there on the Balance tour they were opening up for Bon Jovi.

I don't know if it is a matter of complicated logistics or a lack of certainty as to how ticket sales would be, but for whatever reasons Van Halen doesn't bother with Europe, and I doubt that will change.
                    Most people I know are more familiar with Van Hagar & I don't think anyone outside the die-hard Eddie Van Halen fan - notice I mean the man, not band - knows what a David Lee Roth is.

You're much more likely to find someone who knows Sammy Hagar.

Dave knew enough to put flyers in wind-shields, back when they were playing high-schools & backyards. The man has the business & marketing sense of a 15 year old. And not a particularly bright 15 year old.

Comment

• beavrtek
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
                      Most people I know are more familiar with Van Hagar & I don't think anyone outside the die-hard Eddie Van Halen fan - notice I mean the man, not band - knows what a David Lee Roth is.

You're much more likely to find someone who knows Sammy Hagar.

Dave knew enough to put flyers in wind-shields, back when they were playing high-schools & backyards. The man has the business & marketing sense of a 15 year old. And not a particularly bright 15 year old.

You bucking for a dis-honorable discharge Izzy? Isn't this the "Roth Army"? Sheesh, I'm all mixed up, bro.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

You bucking for a dis-honorable discharge Izzy? Isn't this the "Roth Army"? Sheesh, I'm all mixed up, bro.
                        he's become enlightened..

hates dave on a dave site, don't look up the definition of trolling

Comment

• Anonymous
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

Of all the posts, you had to pick on this one.

No, this is only my anecdotal evidence of people's perception on Van Halen & everyone involved with it.

I will say that I know a guy that booked a flight to New York on purpose to see the reunion in 2007-8, but that's one against many.

I understand that the reality may be different in other countries, particularly the United Kingdom.

Funnily, I just heard a bit of Counter-blast on the radio, they DJs were talking about songs that had lyrics about space, or something? Counter-blast was highly unexpected, but it was cut off less than a minute in with the guy saying it was enough.

As for Dave's marketing skills, I'm pretty sure you've been following him since 1985?...

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                            he's become enlightened..

hates dave on a dave site, don't look up the definition of trolling
                            Well, there's only so much I can stand.

I don't want to hate Dave. Dave made me hate him.

Stop wanking, that's bad for your health.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
                              Well, there's only so much I can stand.

I don't want to hate Dave. Dave made me hate him.

Stop wanking, that's bad for your health.
                              no it isn't

Comment

• Anonymous
                                Banned
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                                no it isn't
                                It is if you overdo it.

Trust me on this.

Comment

Working...