When will the next Van Halen album be released?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

When will the next Van Halen album be released?

Post your thoughts here!
    a:5:{i:6206;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6206;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"49626";s:5:"title";s:18:"The Summer of 2009";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:5:"23459";}}i:6207;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6207;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"49626";s:5:"title";s:16:"The Fall of 2009";s:5:"votes";i:6;s:6:"voters";a:6:{i:0;s:3:"145";i:1;s:4:"2184";i:2;s:2:"59";i:3;s:3:"246";i:4;s:4:"4012";i:5;s:4:"3797";}}i:6208;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6208;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"49626";s:5:"title";s:16:"Sometime in 2010";s:5:"votes";i:4;s:6:"voters";a:4:{i:0;s:4:"1022";i:1;s:2:"14";i:2;s:4:"1262";i:3;s:5:"22618";}}i:6209;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6209;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"49626";s:5:"title";s:10:"After 2010";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:6210;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:6210;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"49626";s:5:"title";s:42:"The Will Never Be Another Album With Roth.";s:5:"votes";i:11;s:6:"voters";a:11:{i:0;s:5:"23894";i:1;s:4:"9721";i:2;s:3:"101";i:3;s:5:"23014";i:4;s:5:"20165";i:5;s:2:"42";i:6;s:4:"2366";i:7;s:4:"6645";i:8;s:2:"11";i:9;s:1:"1";i:10;s:5:"23103";}}}
    0%
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Define album. New material, a live compilation or yet another repackaging of the hits?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

OICUFELL4THISONE2

In Stores March.

Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• PHOENIX
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

The next album will be a RE-REMASTERED Best of both Worlds gold foil embossed special limited edition with a guitar pick included the first 2000 pressings.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

It's gonna suck no matter what...

Probably in a Chink Democracy kind of way...

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

I'm sure there'll be another 'Best Of' in the next couple of years..
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Bad Muthafucker
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2004

I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to do anything anymore. I stopped doing that years ago. On the one hand Dave gives us Rothisms about the value of one second, one minute, one week, one month, etc., but on the other hand actions speak louder than words.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...7qatW5tds&NR=1

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

Even if Ed was tweakin on meth and Dave was sleepwalking in an Ambien induced coma, it couldn't possibly suck that bad.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we will see an album this year. Cautiously pessimistic that it will not be another "Fair Warning".
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

With all the money they purportedly made on the "Greatest Hits Yet Again" jaunt, I would have thought they'd struck while the iron was hot. Since they didn't (and apparently have no plans to do so), I can only theorize that they're doing new music in the tried 'n' true Van Halen fashion: extra-fucking-ordinarily behind schedule. The good news behind this is that I simply don't give a shit anymore; I have the first six albums and they're not going to record anything to top that, or the new songs from BoV1.

Frankly, new music is simply not going to stand up to what's come before it, and thus it'll be anticlimatic and a disappointment. Especially without the original lineup being intact - Wolf could be the next coming of Jaco Pastorius and put Bootsy Collins and Victor Wooten to shame with one hand tied behind his back, and since Mike's not there, I STILL won't appreciate it. And the bottom line is that four hungry 20-somethings are going to record FAR better music than three 50-something millionaires and a 17 year old doing what dad tells him are going to. Each and every time.

That being the case, I'm almost hopeful nothing new happens musically; that way the recorded material with Roth is without tarnish, even if the band lineup and touring legacy isn't.
                  Last edited by bueno bob; 01-13-2009, 02:50 AM.
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Dec 2008

The analysis here is wonderful. Everyone was spot on correct.

The answer is:

The next VH album of new material with Dave will be released whenever VH wants to release it.

Of course, that's not going to happen before Wofie graduates, and Ed's upcoming wedding. Then add another 1 year, 5 years or 10 years on top of that, depending on the mood that day.
                    I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob

Frankly, new music is simply not going to stand up to what's come before it, and thus it'll be anticlimatic and a disappointment. Especially without the original lineup being intact - Wolf could be the next coming of Jaco Pastorius and put Bootsy Collins and Victor Wooten to shame with one hand tied behind his back, and since Mike's not there, I STILL won't appreciate it. And the bottom line is that four hungry 20-somethings are going to record FAR better music than three 50-something millionaires and a 17 year old doing what dad tells him are going to. Each and every time.

Sad but true.
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• TOM_5150
                        Roadie
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                        Sad but true.
                        I don't know. I think if the band is truly clicking again they can put out some good stuff. Look back to 1996 with MWM & CGTSNM...good, fresh tunes. Let's see if the band still has some heart left.

Comment

• Badaxe73
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Jun 2007

The rock station down here in Orlando FL has said a few times that a new album will be out summer 2009 and a tour to follow>>
                          But what does radio know..

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

I much prefer it when your blatant racism isn't so blatant.

Originally posted by Kristy
                            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                            Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Badaxe73
                              The rock station down here in Orlando FL has said a few times that a new album will be out summer 2009 and a tour to follow>>
                              But what does radio know..
                              Nothing. My local radio was reporting that Tabula Rasa bullshit as fact back in, what, 2002ish?

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...