X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
    I won't be filming at any of the shows I attend. I want to see everything.
    I did that in 2007. Recorded (audio) for The Police but didn't want anything distracting me from watching Dave & Eddie and fully engulfing myself into the music/moment.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      I'll be honest, after watching those fan videos from the Forum show, I missed a lot of stuff because I was texting or taking pictures... Or at least trying to, the cell reception sucked in there....

I won't be doing that in Greensboro....
      Yep me too. If I had it to do over again, I would have just watched the show. In the end there were so many people singing around us, even with my HD phone I picked up too much of the audience singing.

Comment

• conmee
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Brett
        Yep me too. If I had it to do over again, I would have just watched the show. In the end there were so many people singing around us, even with my HD phone I picked up too much of the audience singing.
        Brett,

But you took one for the TEAM™©®, for the FANBASE™©® by trying to record and tweet etc. Same with VA™©®. Now's not the time for you to be SELFISH™©®! Ok, so maybe NOW™©® is, but THEN™©® wasn't... ;-)

That is all.

Icon™©®
        An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
        hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• DlocRoth
          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by conmee
          Brett,

But you took one for the TEAM™©®, for the FANBASE™©® by trying to record and tweet etc. Same with VA™©®. Now's not the time for you to be SELFISH™©®! Ok, so maybe NOW™©® is, but THEN™©® wasn't... ;-)

That is all.

Icon™©®
          What he said.

ALL day.

Can't weep for you.
          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• adena dodds
            Head Fluffer
            • Apr 2010

Gee, I've got a month and a half to break open my digital camera that can video tape as well. It's going on four years since I bought it and I can't seem to find the time to even learn how to use the damn thing. It's still in the box other than last year when I got one of those sticks to put in it for more photos....My life has been full of distractions since the year 2000. Where have all the good times gone? My bad times have to be my good times for now. I hope I can at least snap some photos. Thanks Diamond Dave your a real dazzler! Got me on pins and needles and he knows.......Can't wait for the show! I'm gonna wear my matching black shoes with the glitter stars on them just like his shirt!
            Just received this from our DDE contact:

Just spoke with Dave and he wanted to make sure every one knows the band is totally ok with people video taping at the shows during tour.

Comment

• adena dodds
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2010

Oh and it figures that back in 1988 when Dave pulled me up onstage and dipped me over that year, they apparently didn't shoot videos. I had gone to a record show many years later and at a bootleg table I asked the guy if he had any videos of that particular show and that's what he said, "They didn't video tape in 1988." I was like, "WHAT?" But yet I got some bootleg Van Halen tapes from the early 80's that day. It didn't make an ounce of sense to me...After all 1988 seemed to be the height of the video era. Or was it really fading by then? I should still try to find it somewhere out there on internetland. That would be so cool to have that! I remember it as if it were yesterday....especially since I had a dream of it the week before it actually happened! I've got witnesses to my testimony who were at the show that night. Dreams do come true every now and then.
              Just received this from our DDE contact:

Just spoke with Dave and he wanted to make sure every one knows the band is totally ok with people video taping at the shows during tour.

Comment

• Mrkramer
                Melbourne Rock City..
                Full On Cocktard
                • Feb 2012

Like most folk here I want a official live DVD !! Now is the time while this band is smokin hot

Comment

• Carmine
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

...the generosity and graciousness of Van Halen 2012 and Diamond Dave Enterprises continues...

stellar...

Now, somebody get a good quality multicam recording with soundboard quality audio...

I'll be too busy watching the show....

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by adena dodds
                    Dreams do come true every now and then.

Yep...they sure as shit do.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Waaahhhh! This just makes not being able to make a show that much worse! I need to win a fucking lottery...soon!!!
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There will always be someone else recording the show better than yourself and a sane person only needs the best recording from the tour or maybe the best couple.

I wish those hundreds of people that stand there all the way through gigs with their arms in the air pointing their phones at the stage for the whole gig would just fuck off and get a life. Ten seconds of footage to send to your pals to gloat about where you are is more than enough.

The recent recordings at the preview shows were an exception because they had a novelty value, the people from the site(s) were there in a kind of journalistic capacity and there were far fewer people at the shows.

Life is in the moment.

It always reminds me of being on a helicopter flying into the Grand Canyon and the other 5 people were all peering into their video camera lenses which in those days were little black and white things completely missing out on the experience itself. For what? To make a shitty video they will only watch once which is identical or worse than 1000 other videos they could also never watch again on the internet.
                        Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-16-2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• Zing!
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2011

Cool - love to see Dave and the band reaching out to the fans for even the little things like this. I always pick a song at each concert and try to make one decent recording. Otherwise, I like to be in the drunken moment and just enjoy the rock and roll atmosphere and not miss a thing.
                          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

I was thinking more along the lines of better able to see from the nosebleeds because of having the ability to use the zoom on the camera, lol.
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• fourthcoming

Can someone please tell the Gestapo at Madison Square garden that the band is cool with this? Otherwise I'll play it safe and shove my digital recorder down my pants......easier to apologize then ask for permission.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hey VA, can you get word to DDE that it's great that Van Halen "says" to go ahead and bring cameras to the shows, but we need to know that venue security will allow us to bring cameras in the joint.

I was actually going to start a thread asking if cameras were going to be allowed, based on the serious DSLRs you can see people shooting with from the Forum show.

We need to know that security knows cameras ore ok.
                                Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

Working...