YO Pete, have you ever made a post longer than 10 words? lol

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by WARF
      YO Pete, have you ever made a post longer than 10 words? lol
      yes
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by WARF
        Sorry for the tubbie custard Sesh lol
        Technically a banable post up for 3 hours, I don't seem to be able to get proper staff around here these days...

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Shows you how many have warf on ignore
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Technically a banable post up for 3 hours, I don't seem to be able to get proper staff around here these days...
            Haha you can ban for three hours....??

I don't wanna go back to my old ways... I just get excited when Kristy takes on the whole board and spits truth about out toastermaster general....

If Dave starts singing again properly I'll be the first to praise him.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Kristy
              The irony of such a statement. Any "true fan" knows Dave can't sing - he never could. Van Halen existed on a simple pattern of Eddie's blazing guitar while the faggy dragon pants bass player and the ugly-as-fuck drummer pounded out a beat for him. All Dave had to do was play the bullshit rock star card until he either couldn't or no longer wanted to. His voice was always total shit. Even Dylan sings better than your homoerotic spandex boy. Eddie and his rhythm section always had to adjust to Dave's lack of talent. Now, the hiring of F A T Spammy and the other dude didn't fair any better - other then stronger commercial sales during the 80's into early 90's. Do you see the issue here?

For the last time. Your precious band died in 1985 That's 30 years ago! Get the fuck over it. Move on. Your bullshit heydays of the "Great VH" are never coming back. Look at Dave today. He's a fucking embarrassment to any "true fan" with his arthritic stage shuffling and pre-Parkinson jitters; disjointed singing and slurring words while trying hide it all under the guise of a few "Wooooooooo's." PA-THE-TIC. He's F A T, bald, and all the alcohol and groupie pussy destroyed him. His timing is shot, yet you "true fans" look at this wreckage of a human being and continue to cheer him on.
              I'm a true fan of this band's music. Dave was once a great singer. Not anymore. I'm not sure why you're calling me out as being one who expects the 80's again. Go change your bong water.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                no he isn't
                I was thinking the same thing.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  I'd do it, yet shit, I have roughly between 9 and 10 hours of racing to watch tomorrow, on top of cooking not one, but TWO complete dinners (with so-called "unexpected visitors" arriving and wishing to bunk down with us...yes, they are known as relatives) for Sunday and Monday. Plus, I have yard work and laundry to take care of, and now I have to do an unexpected oil change on the car.

If I get a chance to be even remotely close to a keyboard during this "most wonderful time of the year" (these pricks really expect breakfast, BBQ and beer too, on top of staying in my bed as I bunk down on a couch ), PM me, as I'll be so full of angst that I'll be willing to take down anything.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Nothing is wrong with the band these days as long as you don't approach what they do now with the level of expectations you may have had when they were peaking 30+ years ago. Frankly, even if Anthony hadn't left the group, what they've done since Dave came back onboard 8 years ago would have produced pretty much the same results.

They had a chance in 1996 to do a full-on reunion while time was still sort of on their side and there was a lot more creative juice and energy left in the tank than there was by the time 2007 rolled around.

The band just waited too long to get their shit together. By the time they (mostly) did, all they were capable of doing is what they're doing now. Just the standard ''rockin' as best we can considering we ain't what we used to be greatest hits Van Halen experience" concert dates. Less than 100% of the definitive lineup, with a viable creative future no longer in the cards. With that, Van Halen have joined the ranks of a lot of other aging rock bands still working the livenation arena circuit.

As a fan, you either accept it and try and look for diamonds in the dog shit, or you choose not to accept it because you feel what's being offered today are mere zircons compared to the heyday and are just thankful that what they did way back when still has some meaning and resonance.

I'm sitting this round of concert dates out because it looks like more of the same that was being offered 3 and 7 years ago. Ed still seems as well-rehearsed as he did on the 2012 dates. Dave, sadly, has just passed the point of being entertaining for me. This is coming from someone who saw him nearly every time I could when he came around during the lean years of 1999-2006, when he was performing at local Ribfests and small theaters. Dave held together a show in 2008 that saw Eddie fumbling around in a drunken stupor. In 2012, Dave just couldn't provide what was needed anymore. How many concessions am I supposed to give when the band are still charging premium prices just because I thought they were the fucking bomb in the 1980s? Dave can't move like he used to? Okay. Dave can't scream anymore? Okay. When it comes down to an inability of Dave even being able to sing the tunes without sounding awful - when that's all I would ask as a paying fan (and this is far from unreasonable on my part) - I'm done. Van Halen is over. Seeing Eddie play reasonably well considering how fucked up he was for so long by itself isn't worth $100 a ticket when Dave is delivering shitty sounding vocals. At that point, I'm paying to see living legends rather than to see a good show. And these guys need to earn my money. I don't pay a premium to watch icons perform unless they can deliver the goods.

A retort to my attitude might well be along the lines of "relax, stop taking it so seriously, and just go to enjoy the show" but I really couldn't enjoy it the last time around on the ADKOT tour because Roth either can't or just won't (either amounts to the same thing) sing properly anymore. Nothing has changed from the recent tv appearances I saw this spring. What they're doing now is not just no longer special anymore to me, it's pretty much unlistenable. I don't even get a positive wave of nostalgia seeing them perform now. Just a reminder that they were once the greatest rock band around for me, that this was a long time ago, and...that's pretty much it. Sad in a way, but Van Halen have just outlived their usefulness for me.

Thankfully, the 6-pack is as potent as it ever was.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• moose
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

I just don't know anyone outside the Army who really digs Van Halen anymore

Wrong bro!!
                      Last night I was at the Steel Panther show and it was full of young kids and yes Older fans as well it was bout 75% was young between 25-30
                      Just minutes before Panther hit the stage RWTD Started playing and you know what the whole place erupted in unison singing to the song....Even Joey Fantone (back street boys) who standing next to me with some HAWT babe was singing so yeah Van Halen has a big following more than some of us realize!!

Comment

• moose
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                        Nothing is wrong with the band these days as long as you don't approach what they do now with the level of expectations you may have had when they were peaking 30+ years ago. Frankly, even if Anthony hadn't left the group, what they've done since Dave came back onboard 8 years ago would have produced pretty much the same results.

They had a chance in 1996 to do a full-on reunion while time was still sort of on their side and there was a lot more creative juice and energy left in the tank than there was by the time 2007 rolled around.

The band just waited too long to get their shit together. By the time they (mostly) did, all they were capable of doing is what they're doing now. Just the standard ''rockin' as best we can considering we ain't what we used to be greatest hits Van Halen experience" concert dates. Less than 100% of the definitive lineup, with a viable creative future no longer in the cards. With that, Van Halen have joined the ranks of a lot of other aging rock bands still working the livenation arena circuit.

As a fan, you either accept it and try and look for diamonds in the dog shit, or you choose not to accept it because you feel what's being offered today are mere zircons compared to the heyday and are just thankful that what they did way back when still has some meaning and resonance.

I'm sitting this round of concert dates out because it looks like more of the same that was being offered 3 and 7 years ago. Ed still seems as well-rehearsed as he did on the 2012 dates. Dave, sadly, has just passed the point of being entertaining for me. This is coming from someone who saw him nearly every time I could when he came around during the lean years of 1999-2006, when he was performing at local Ribfests and small theaters. Dave held together a show in 2008 that saw Eddie fumbling around in a drunken stupor. In 2012, Dave just couldn't provide what was needed anymore. How many concessions am I supposed to give when the band are still charging premium prices just because I thought they were the fucking bomb in the 1980s? Dave can't move like he used to? Okay. Dave can't scream anymore? Okay. When it comes down to an inability of Dave even being able to sing the tunes without sounding awful - when that's all I would ask as a paying fan (and this is far from unreasonable on my part) - I'm done. Van Halen is over. Seeing Eddie play reasonably well considering how fucked up he was for so long by itself isn't worth $100 a ticket when Dave is delivering shitty sounding vocals. At that point, I'm paying to see living legends rather than to see a good show. And these guys need to earn my money. I don't pay a premium to watch icons perform unless they can deliver the goods.

A retort to my attitude might well be along the lines of "relax, stop taking it so seriously, and just go to enjoy the show" but I really couldn't enjoy it the last time around on the ADKOT tour because Roth either can't or just won't (either amounts to the same thing) sing properly anymore. Nothing has changed from the recent tv appearances I saw this spring. What they're doing now is not just no longer special anymore to me, it's pretty much unlistenable. I don't even get a positive wave of nostalgia seeing them perform now. Just a reminder that they were once the greatest rock band around for me, that this was a long time ago, and...that's pretty much it. Sad in a way, but Van Halen have just outlived their usefulness for me.

Thankfully, the 6-pack is as potent as it ever was.

Fantastic post!!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • May 2010

The Hypocrisy.

Originally posted by Kristy
                          It's terrible.
                          Kristy didn't. That is why she is now telling you that it was not something she would ever do.

Evidence she is old. She tell's der youts....not to do it:

Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-24-2015, 07:42 AM. Reason: *Let's Rock! https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=18&v=KEkCnvC4o-w
                          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • May 2010

Terry was my Brothers name.

I agree. It is not something I put my money on anymore. But Dave is sick. Sick is something that I still know.
                            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by moose
                              I just don't know anyone outside the Army who really digs Van Halen anymore

Wrong bro!!
                              Last night I was at the Steel Panther show and it was full of young kids and yes Older fans as well it was bout 75% was young between 25-30
                              Just minutes before Panther hit the stage RWTD Started playing and you know what the whole place erupted in unison singing to the song....Even Joey Fantone (back street boys) who standing next to me with some HAWT babe was singing so yeah Van Halen has a big following more than some of us realize!!
                              You didn't quote me but I said that. You misunderstood my point. I didn't say Van Halen doesn't have fans outside the Army. I said I don't know any. No one I know listens to VH anymore therefore I don't have anyone to see the show with.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

You got no friends and you blame van halen yeah ?
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...