Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Wow look at all the old rich white men here tonight!

To a non US person very odd that it's the owner that picks up the trophy rather than the team that won it...

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It's like he first half and second half were two completely different games. And the first half was definitely better. Maybe we could blame it on Lady Gaga?
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I feel like I had a bet on Apollo Creed but cashed it in during the final round.

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
          It's like he first half and second half were two completely different games. And the first half was definitely better.
          The second half started out looking like the first but it got much better as time went on. Won a hundred bucks but could have won much more betting the Patriots would come back after halftime at 10 - 1 odds.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            To a non US person very odd that it's the owner that picks up the trophy rather than the team that won it...
            The owner represents the organization.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

For someone whose knowledge about American Football is mainly based on Madden Playstaion games, the only consolation is I'm feeling pretty fucking smug about cashing out on my bet at better than evens early in the 4th quarter when I got a bad feeling about Atlanta choking.
              How did you go about doing that? I've never heard of anyone cashing out early.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You can do it on online betting forums. Even better is that you can just do part of your stake.

Say you back a team $10 to win who are 2-1 against. If they are winning at halftime you can just cash out your original stake $10 for say $14 of your potential winnings and still leave the other $6 on and walk away with with $16 at the end if they win rather than the $20 you would have got if you had just left it alone.

Betting now is basically just a marketplace where the online company allows people to trade bets with each other so you can be a bookie yourself.

It's still a bit of a dumb thing to get into but there are certain bets IMHO that a worth a go because people will make the odds different than they should be.

In this case my guess was that the Patriots being far more well known and previous winners 4 times would slant the market to make them have better odds than they should because of the casual gambler. I was proved right and then was able to bail out in time and double my money.

I'm no expert in this I only do every so often and although I'm up, it's not by much.

Sport is really unpredictable, proved again tonight in the 4th quarter.

My golden rule is when I gamble I assume I've lost already, I have enough vices without getting too deep into it.
                Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-06-2017, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

You can do it on online betting forums. Even better is that you can just do part of your stake.

Say you back a team $10 to win who are 2-1 against. When they are winning you can just cash out your original stake $10 for say $14 of your potential winnings and still leave the other $6 on and walk away with with $16 at the end if they win rather than the $20 you would have got if you had just left it alone.
                  I don't do on line betting. I've had guys offer to give back half my bet at halftime when I was losing. If I took it and my team won I screwed myself. If my team lost or failed to cover the spread I saved half my money.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It always seemed logical that the reformed Van Halen would do it at some point but I think one of the reasons that will never happen is it's all about the demographics the priority is getting women and younger people not middle aged white guys who are already watching anyway.
                    Ever since that horrible performance by Roger Daltrey & Pete Townsend (fraudulently billing themselves as "The Who") there hasn't been any live bands performing at the Super Bowl. Which is too bad, because there was a fairly solid decade of performances before that. So instead you get these pop singers like Katy Perry, Beyonce, or Lady Gaga, who most probably weren't even actually singing. Not to say there weren't entertaining aspects to their performances, but with no actual live singing or musicians involved, there's less chance that the NFL and/or Pepsi (or whomever sponsors halftime that year) is accused of putting on a "bad" show.

If they were still booking live bands, I'm sure Van Halen would have been chosen sometime between 2007 and now.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Watching that tonight the thing that went through my head was 'This isn't anything to do with music at all'.

I guess that's ok but sell it honestly.

Next year put on Cirque Du Soleil or the cast of Hamilton or fucking David Copperfield.

It's not been about music since Prince and incredibly that's 10 years ago already.

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Didn't watch any of the game. Watched the halftime show on YouTube this morning.

It's cheaper to do it my way.

Roland AX Synth.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I don't think she was lip syncing.

I still can't understand why in the fuck any VH fan would want them to go out there and embarrass themselves on the biggest stage. If anybody would need to lip sync, it would be Dave.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

I saw Mrs ed's tweet and thought please no and fuck she hates Dave.
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Watching that tonight the thing that went through my head was 'This isn't anything to do with music at all'.

I guess that's ok but sell it honestly.

Next year put on Cirque Du Soleil or the cast of Hamilton or fucking David Copperfield.

It's not been about music since Prince and incredibly that's 10 years ago already.
                              The Super Bowl has degraded into a popular culture political promoting rape den. It used to be a game. Then clever ads got attention and people watched the ads. The halftime show used to be the best marching bands doing elaborate marches on the field and they would film it from the blimp flying overhead. Then the half time show became a cookie cutter Disney whore predictable junk grab. Now they are putting political innuendo in the ads and halftime show. Now they no longer want to entertain you and make money off you. They want to politically persuade you. It's become a true idiot fest.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Watch it on BBC, no commercials.

Comment

Working...