X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mushroom
    Commando
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
    I cannot remember one good Stones song myself.

That's due to your drug consumption you retard. You've probably been listening to Whitesnake and don't even remember.

Comment

• Mushroom
      Commando
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by silverfish
      Mick Jagger and Keith Richards Statues Unveiled in Their Hometown

Statues of Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were unveiled today in their hometown of Dartford,
      The Guardian reports. The two Rolling Stones met as teenagers at a train station in 1961 and went
      on to join the band the next year. Now they are enshrined in bronze mid-performance, destined to
      stand there while tourists take photos with them. Jagger is mid-stride, lips pursed, with a microphone
      in his hand. Richards is playing his Telecaster, looking down at his instrument contemplatively.

Full story and more images at:
      https://pitchfork.com/news/mick-jagg...heir-hometown/
      That would be badass in my back yard garden of eden

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mushroom
        That's due to your drug consumption you retard. You've probably been listening to Whitesnake and don't even remember.
        Mmmm...more like Billy Joel.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So predictably, the countdown date is probably for the release of a single, with the album to follow a month or two later. Or at least that's how they usually do it. And of course that conveniently drops the album right in time for the Xmas shopping season.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

What Stones fan cannot resist hearing the new Justin Bieber record with Mick and Keith playing on it?

A real banger from fart nozzles in their 80s.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

I love the Stones … but their albums since Dirty Work typically had one memorable song. Memorable is relative in this context. They haven’t put out anything memorable in decades. Ok maybe the blues covers album is ok. Conclusion: this new material will suck too. Just give it up boys. Go back to covering blues tunes. I applaud Billy Joel who has not released any new music in 30 years because he knows he can’t write anything worth listening to.
              The last Stones album that was good from start-to-finish was Tattoo You, and even that album - now over 40 years old - had old tracks (some going back as far as 1973) reworked.

The follow-up, Undercover, had one good track, the title track. The rest was substandard.

I remember buying and listening to Steel Wheels a lot in the month or so running up to the concert I saw on that tour. Couple of so-so tracks. Haven't listened to it (or even had the desire to) in decades.

I also remember the next album after Steel Wheels getting a lot of favorable reviews when it first came out. Bought that, listened to it a bunch, was basically as weak as Steel Wheels only with more songs.

Think I've listened to...what the fuck were they?...Bridges To Babylon and A Bigger Bang a few times each. Nothing memorable or anything I'd want to hear again off of those.

Far as albums, the Stones had a pretty long run (for a rock and roll band, anyway) of putting out good ones. From Beggar's Banquet to Tattoo You, so a good 12 years. But, yeah, it's been over 40 years since they've put out a good one. Can't even say I'll be bothered wanting to hear this new one.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                The last Stones album that was good from start-to-finish was Tattoo You, and even that album - now over 40 years old - had old tracks (some going back as far as 1973) reworked.
                Just side two of that record is brilliant. Great album to put on when you're coming down from a great high.

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Just side two of that record is brilliant. Great album to put on when you're coming down from a great high.
                  Agreed. HEAVEN is one of my favorite Stones songs. (Rumor is: Keith never even heard this song 'til the record came out.)
                  Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                  Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                    Yup.

START ME UP: Outtake from SOME GIRLS sessions (one quick rock take of the song before it went reggae...see very good DELUXE edition of this album).
                    HANG FIRE: SOME GIRLS outtake.
                    SLAVE: BLACK 'N' BLUE outtake.
                    LITTLE T&A: EMOTIONAL RESCUE outtake.
                    BLACK LIMOUSINE: EMOTIONAL RESCUE outtake...first tried out during GOAT'S HEAD SOUP sessions.
                    NEIGHBOURS: *One of only two new songs on the album.
                    WORRIED ABOUT YOU: BLACK 'N' BLUE outtake.
                    TOPS: GOAT'S HEAD SOUP outtake.
                    HEAVEN: *Other new song on the album.
                    NO USE IN CRYING: EMOTIONAL RESCUE outtake.
                    WAITING ON A FRIEND: GOAT'S HEAD SOUP outtake.
                    Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Mushroom
                      Commando
                      • Jul 2009

You do not skip the sleazy sex workout of Slave!
                      Last edited by Mushroom; 08-31-2023, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

You do not skip the sleazy sex workout of Slave!
                        That song sucks dead platypus balls.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

That song sucks dead platypus balls.
                          Actually, no...it's a pretty cool song. No platypus was sucked off during the making of that particular number.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Whole of side one of that record sucks dead platypus balls.

If your weren't such a conservative anti-drug, pro "Just say, 'Blow me'" Reganite you would know the importance of drugs and side two of that album.

But you'll never know.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't know about the album but for the record I can confirm that the male platypus does have balls although they are internal as it his penis most of the time.

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Whole of side one of that record sucks dead platypus balls.

If your weren't such a conservative anti-drug, pro "Just say, 'Blow me'" Reganite you would know the importance of drugs and side two of that album.

But you'll never know.
                                Shut up, you fucking TATTOO YOU Side One-hating cunt.

Now go listen to Side Two and take your fucking thorazine.

I'll listen to Side One and have some cocaine.

Then I'll listen to Side Two and have a nice mix of opioids and THC.
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...