X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy

3. He sent money to the George Zimmerman defense fund.
    Where did you get that bullshit idea from?

Stewart always seems like a nice bloke.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

He was also in one of the funniest scenes ever...

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Where did you get that bullshit idea from?
        Um, sarcasm? Fictional character? Lay off the booze, Sesh. It's making you out to be far too serious for your own good.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

He was also in one of the funniest scenes ever...

The truth is, the show blew chunks all over the dashboard in it's early years, but dramatically improved toward near perfection during 1991-1992 (for instance Darmok and The Inner Light, two of the finest moments in ST history). Plus, the expanded view of the holodeck brought about some inspired writing, including Barkley's misadventures and a few encounters with James Moriarty of Sherlock Holmes infamy. The expansion of the Klingon mythology was also cool as shit, with Warf letting his hair down (literally) and looking like a total rock star.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Yeah, the show did get WAY more watchable in the latter years...
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

I get wasted and watch a lot of reruns.
              LOL yeah. I wanna spend a week at your place and get wasted and zone out complaining at the TV the whole time. We would be like these two...

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

First couple episodes of Picard I saw I hated him. As I really started to watch & the more I saw, I became a huge fan. He was really a great actor and captain. One thing that bothered me was how he had those deep feelings of love & commitment. Such a gentleman when he shoulda been pounding puss across the galaxy.

Set phazer to facial.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist

Set phazer to facial.
                  Sweet Jesus, what a brilliant line, right up there with Dennis Miller's (back when he was humorous) idea of a "melancholy" setting.

Bones: "Jim, what are we doing with our lives?"

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

[QUOTE=sadaist;1797241

Set phazer to facial.[/QUOTE]

That's killed the thread any thing after that's an anti climax
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by chefcraig

The truth is, the show blew chunks all over the dashboard in it's early years, but dramatically improved toward near perfection during 1991-1992 (for instance Darmok and The Inner Light, two of the finest moments in ST history). Plus, the expanded view of the holodeck brought about some inspired writing, including Barkley's misadventures and a few encounters with James Moriarty of Sherlock Holmes infamy. The expansion of the Klingon mythology was also cool as shit, with Warf letting his hair down (literally) and looking like a total rock star.

Agreed, and much like the X-Files, they couldn't make a movie one fraction as good as one of their better episodes. Some shows are just not able to make the leap from boob tube to silver screen.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What wasn't cool was having the little boy on the bridge, Wesley? Jesus.

I used to wonder about the holodeck thing - you have 400 young people on a spaceship so basically it would be constantly booked out by people wanting to fuck movie stars, people from history, characters from books, their boss...

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

What wasn't cool was having the little boy on the bridge, Wesley? Jesus.

I used to wonder about the holodeck thing - you have 400 young people on a spaceship so basically it would be constantly booked out by people wanting to fuck movie stars, people from history, characters from books, their boss...
                          Or they could use it for science stuff

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

The truth is, the show blew chunks all over the dashboard in it's early years, but dramatically improved toward near perfection during 1991-1992 (for instance Darmok and The Inner Light, two of the finest moments in ST history).
                            Oh, bull-fucking-shit! That show blew chucks all during its run. Sure, the intentions were good such as placing women in more prominent roles such as doctors, admirals, heads of state but it never developed them beyond that point. The rest was basic multiculturalism/political correctness 101 with every cliche written in for good measure. The character of Picard was boring. The writers had to have been bored with him, too. Instead of roaming the galaxy like a true space cowboy trying to get his dick wet on any green piece of pussy he could find, he opted for the quiet, patriarchal "father figure" and one-dimensional "cultured" intellectual. Picard became a one-trick pony and the show suffered as a result.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

I liked the one with the whales.....

That's all I got.
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

I liked the ones with q in. Thought it was good when he joined the breaking bad cast ... I remember saying he was a good addition to the cast hopefully he would be in it long term . Yeah didnt see that coming lol

Comment

Working...