Official July 11 San Bernardino, CA, San Manuel Amphitheater Meetup/Review Threa

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

If I still lived in Cali I would have found a way to attend that show. I've seen more concerts there than any other venue because it was the easiest one to get to from my former home. The Us was the first but I've seen Frampton, Journey, 38 Special, ZZ Top, Roth, Hagar and a few others I can't recall there since. Stayed away from the OZ Fests and such though. The crowds get too crazy.
    I'd like to hear the attendance figures for the show tonight.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Sounds like Dave's getting better. A couple more rehearsals and he should be good to go.

They should have charged half price for fucking rehearsals with the front man though. I'd be pissed if I paid for an early show.
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Greenbuds
        Roadie
        • Mar 2004

Just got back from seeing them. Spent an hour just to get out the parking lot. I've seen the last two tours and by far and away, this is their best show since the 80's. The highlight for me was near the beginning, Dave said something like, "I'm David Lee Roth, this *is* Van Halen and we ain't going nowhere and we're going to be around a long F-ing time!" The crowd went nuts. Diamond Dave is truly back, cocky and singing absolutely great.

I took it as a personal message from the band to those that think there may be problems after the Billboard interview. I haven't heard Dave talk like that since the 80's. Full of confidence and his old swagger. A big stab to the heart of all Van Hagar fans or anybody who thinks Sammy has a chance to come back in the band. THANK GOD!

The whole band was tight. Exceeded my expectations, even after watching the first 3 of the tour on Youtube. This is the best concert so far. Cry me a river, Sammy, there is only one Van Halen, and it never involved you and it never will!

Place seemed only about 1/2 to 3/4 full when they started, but filled up quickly, Probably 90-95 percent full in the seats. Ed talked more than he normally does (which is normally never) and Dave talked for days during EWS and ICM. They were pushing how this was their "home" and gave a truly awesome concert. The Youtube videos, as great as they have been, does not do justice to the live performance.

The crowd was vocal on all songs, not so much when the ADKOT stuff started, but Chinatown was extremely tight, Dave did well. Wolfie broke out good on Dirty Movies. LUTS was received very well and was a great opener. Unchained sounded the best I've heard since the 80's. Romeo Delight - awesome. Dave talked about brown M and M's and the Hollywoood days during Ice Cream Man.

Ed's solo was incredible. He did the Little Guitars intro, Mean Street intro, Eruption and it seemed a bit longer this show. He seemed to ad some tweaks to Cathedral. Acoustics were very good. Sat in the loge near center.

Great to see Dave and Ed and Al back at the Us Festival site and they brought like every fan only dreamed they would I am not kidding. People on the way out were all talking about how badass the show was... great show if you are a classic VH fan, terrible news for Hagar fans. VH sent a strong message tonight. They are here to stay folks. They have heard your gripes. They are bringing it big time. I never have been louder at a concert. I thought they kind of mailed it in their last two tours, but this time they are a band, they are on the same page and they showed it.

Thank you VAN HALEN!

Also wanted to add that some guy ran on stage from Wolfie's side during HFT. He stood in front of Ed holding some type of banner, It seemed to take forever for security to notice. Dave joked about it being some wrestler or something. Ed played on like a pro. Only real screwup was the beginning of DTNA. They redid the beginning because something happened with Dave. I almost thought he hurt his nose again. LOL... but no joke, DTNA was one of the best received songs of the night, No joking. It is a crowd favorite like Panama, RWTD and Unchained. These are anthems people, Van Hagar didn't bring you anthems. They were not songs that cause a whole audience to sing along. That is the difference. Dave is the only singer for Van Halen.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

this, sir, was a nice read! congrats!
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• katina
            Commando
            • Mar 2012

Thanks a lot Greenbuds !!!

Comment

• katina
              Commando
              • Mar 2012

Runnin´With The Devil

Comment

• katina
                Commando
                • Mar 2012

I´ll Wait

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Thanks for the great review, Greenbuds!

Every one of these positive show reviews drives the stake deeper into the heart of the Poodlehead Liquor Salesman.

Mikey will squirt some hot sauce around his bunghole and fuck his corpse!

Last edited by TJMKID; 07-12-2015, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FALCO
                      Groupie
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by katina
                      I´ll Wait

Very nice job on on a killer song (I know many hate it) DLR in his zone...

You think maybe the Sound Engineer would get a bit creative and enhance the vocals with a bit more verb/delay?? Maybe a ever so slight chorus...

Wouldn't hurt the Diamond One to boost the vox in that department... give a bit of depth...

FALCO
                      \m/ \m/
                      NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
                      'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
                      "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

EVH Solo....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

LUTS....

Comment

• qikgts
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2012

That's a great LUTS!!!
                            You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

best dave performance since a long time...somebody is building his muscles...
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• FALCO
                                Groupie
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                LUTS....

Now THAT is how you open a mother fucking Mighty Van Halen Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FALCO
                                \m/ \m/
                                NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
                                'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
                                "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

Working...