X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Warham
    Actually, that site got their information from another site, which is not libertarian.

But the trail is easy enough to follow: Money > Power > Corruption.

Ron Paul received $352 in two payments by lobbyists in two years (2009, 2010).

This is partially why Obama sucks. He's been bought with money from Wall Street and other interests and crony capitalism rules the roost.
    Originally posted by Dr. Love
    Oh fucking, PUL--LEEEEZZZZEEEE!!!! Are you guys really this naive with the silly, selective numbers:

Pro-Ron Paul super PAC spending $1.4 million in Florida
    Posted by Chris Cillizza at 05:22 PM ET, 01/23/201

A Ron Paul super PAC is getting into the Florida fight and so is one for Newt Gingrich, Romney has hired Bachmann’s debate coach, Brown and Warren actually agree on something. Endorse Liberty, a PAC supporting Texas Rep. Ron Paul, says it will spend $1.4 million in radio and TV ad time in Florida, even though the candidate himself is basically skipping the winner-take-all state as part of his delegate-focused strategy.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Jan 23, 2012
      Pro-Paul super PAC pumps $1.4M into Florida ads
      By Catalina Camia, USA TODAY
      Updated 6d 3h ago

A super PAC trying to boost Ron Paul's candidacy says it will spend $1.4 million on radio and TV ads ahead of the Florida primary.

Endorse Liberty says its goal is to show the Texas congressman is the only GOP candidate who has been consistent in his views.

"We believe that as Florida Republicans learn more about the men running for president, the more they'll come to realize that Ron Paul is the only candidate who shares their core values," the group said in a statement.

Endorse Liberty is one of two political action committees trying to boost Paul. The Texas congressman has acknowledged that Florida will be a tough state for him, given its size, costly media markets and the fact that it will award all of its delegates to the winner of the Jan. 31 primary.

Endorse Liberty garnered attention for its Web ad of featuring impostors posing as Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum. So far, the super PAC has spent more than $3.1 million in the campaign, according to records compiled by the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics.

Comment

• Dr. Love
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        Maybe they value their money and don't want to waste it on the unelectable?
        I thought I read earlier in this very thread that he who gets the most/spends the most money wins the election. There's no such thing as electability if it's a money and media game, right?
        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Oh fucking, PUL--LEEEEZZZZEEEE!!!! Are you guys really this naive with the silly, selective numbers:

A Ron Paul super PAC is getting into the Florida fight and so is one for Newt Gingrich, Romney has hired Bachmann’s debate coach, Brown and Warren actually agree on something. Endorse Liberty, a PAC supporting Texas Rep. Ron Paul, says it will spend $1.4 million in radio and TV ad time in Florida, even though the candidate himself is basically skipping the winner-take-all state as part of his delegate-focused strategy.
          This seems to bother you quite a bit...

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Jan 23, 2012
            Pro-Paul super PAC pumps $1.4M into Florida ads
            By Catalina Camia, USA TODAY
            Updated 6d 3h ago

A super PAC trying to boost Ron Paul's candidacy says it will spend $1.4 million on radio and TV ads ahead of the Florida primary.

Endorse Liberty says its goal is to show the Texas congressman is the only GOP candidate who has been consistent in his views.

"We believe that as Florida Republicans learn more about the men running for president, the more they'll come to realize that Ron Paul is the only candidate who shares their core values," the group said in a statement.

Endorse Liberty is one of two political action committees trying to boost Paul. The Texas congressman has acknowledged that Florida will be a tough state for him, given its size, costly media markets and the fact that it will award all of its delegates to the winner of the Jan. 31 primary.

Endorse Liberty garnered attention for its Web ad of featuring impostors posing as Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum. So far, the super PAC has spent more than $3.1 million in the campaign, according to records compiled by the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics.
            ok? how does that change who donates to him or the previous video talking about how they don't even bother with him?

You seem to really not like the idea of Paul getting his money from non-lobbyist sources.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I thought I read earlier in this very thread that he who gets the most/spends the most money wins the election. There's no such thing as electability if it's a money and media game, right?
              That post seems to have escaped me...

Comment

• Dr. Love
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

And you never fail to mention so...
                I honestly am not sure what you're message is here (as in, your post doesn't make any sense to me), otherwise I'd respond.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

This seems to bother you quite a bit...
                  No, just the populist bullshit...

Comment

• Dr. Love
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

That post seems to have escaped me...
                    I'll try to find it after I go grab some food.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

ok? how does that change who donates to him or the previous video talking about how they don't even bother with him?

You seem to really not like the idea of Paul getting his money from non-lobbyist sources.
                      Nothing changes, except the myths and half-truths I see everyone who has a hard-on for Ron Paul perpetuating in their masturbatory fantasies of Paul as the rebel, underdog outsider (whose served years in congress). And who only has a few members of the military voting for him and giving him their money.

Personally, I don't give a fuck who you vote for, but stop the silly charade of vanity and stop picking apart everything you hate about Obama while completely, dutifully ignoring all of the logical inconsistencies in Paul...

I get it! Paul is a spry geriatric son of God and a result of an immaculate conception. He walks on water, and will form a utopia spoken of only high highhandedly in the Communist Manifesto of when the governments of the world magically melt away.

But personally, I think he might be full of shit and completely ineffectual...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Nothing changes, except the myths and half-truths I see everyone who has a hard-on for Ron Paul perpetuating in their masturbatory fantasies of Paul as the rebel, underdog outsider (whose served years in congress). And who only has a few members of the military voting for him and giving him their money.

Personally, I don't give a fuck who you vote for, but stop the silly charade of vanity and stop picking apart everything you hate about Obama while completely, dutifully ignoring all of the logical inconsistencies in Paul...

I get it! Paul is a spry geriatric son of God and a result of an immaculate conception. He walks on water, and will form a utopia spoken of only high highhandedly in the Communist Manifesto of when the governments of the world magically melt away.

But personally, I think he might be full of shit and completely ineffectual...
                        You sound the way I did when Obama was running the first time. I wasn't against having a black president but what had me shaking my head was people literally drinking the Kool Aid and losing their minds over the guy. That is never good. It's always good to be cautious and skeptical of any candidate.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          ...I wasn't against having a black president but...
                          It's good that this was even an issue for you to begin with....

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

How much money does Obama's various super-PACs have? $500 million?

Comment

• Dr. Love
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

I'd like Nick to take all the current "major" presidential contenders from the following list and order them from Most Corrupt to Least Corrupt.

President Obama
                              Speaker Gingrich
                              Congressman Paul
                              Senator Santorum
                              Governor Romney

I'm very interested to see where he ranks each in comparison to the other.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I don't know. But then, no one is continually lying about the amount of money he has in the warchest....

Comment

Working...