• Show
Clear All
  • Heater
    Foot Soldier
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by moose
    I just don't know anyone outside the Army who really digs Van Halen anymore

Wrong bro!!
    Last night I was at the Steel Panther show and it was full of young kids and yes Older fans as well it was bout 75% was young between 25-30
    Just minutes before Panther hit the stage RWTD Started playing and you know what the whole place erupted in unison singing to the song....Even Joey Fantone (back street boys) who standing next to me with some HAWT babe was singing so yeah Van Halen has a big following more than some of us realize!!
    Just because people attending a rock show are familiar with a rock song that has been on the radio for 30+ years, doesn't mean they are fanatics of that particular group or part of some following. Even if the place "erupted" as you say it did, that doesn't mean the place was all of a sudden diehard VH fans.
    Also, FORD PM'ed me about how you said Joey Fatone was a Backstreet Boy, he was in N'SYNC, I looked it up, he was right.

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by vandeleur
      You got no friends and you blame van halen yeah ?
      Nope. I blame the BCE. They're evil incarnate.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Heater
        Also, FORD PM'ed me about how you said Joey Fatone was a Backstreet Boy, he was in N'SYNC, I looked it up, he was right.
        Ford would know. He's a big fan of boy bands.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
          Ford would know. He's a big fan of boy bands.
          Yeah, and you're gullible enough to believe Bleater?

I don't know about FORD, but I can appreciate boy bands. Their "music" is a great tool for tormenting the damned.
          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Just because people attending a rock show are familiar with a rock song that has been on the radio for 30+ years, doesn't mean they are fanatics of that particular group or part of some following. Even if the place "erupted" as you say it did, that doesn't mean the place was all of a sudden diehard VH fans.

I think it eventually boils down to what your individual definition of 'diehard' is.....

No doubt, regardless of what group you're discussing, the typical fan is not going to visit message boards of their favorite band each and every day, in fact several times a day, like we idiots do.....

But one thing that Van Halen still does have is that they can pump out 2 full hours of great music, albeit with strained vocals nowadays, regardless of whether you're going as a casual or diehard fan....

Moreover, I think VH's songs appeal to the casual fans much more relative to other bands because, as you say, at this stage they're basically 'sing-alongs' from 30 years on the radio, even though many are hard rockers....

By the way, that last tidbit is the main reason why Van HALEN is a unanimous knockout winner over Van HAGAR.... The people have spoken, where 90% of the Van Halen songs you hear are from the REAL Van Halen, and not the Hagaritas.....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jetstream
              Foot Soldier
              • Dec 2011

The fuck which is wrong with Van Halen is still Sammy Hagar. His tenure totally dismantled what Van Halen was about and the ignorant generation after classic Van Halen do not know the whole story or can not understand it after what Hagar warped the name to be. Can you imagine what would have happened towards Zeppelin or Aerosmith if Hagar had taken over, it would have buried their legacy and those who still knew what the legacy actually was, would have to put up with the young Hagar fans (there was never enough actual Hagar fans before Van Hagar to even consider) and being a fan and appreciating anything becomes an ordeal... Sammy Hagar is why Van Halen is not Van Halen today, regardless if it was Ed's decision or not!
              I got lost in the...

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Yeah, Jimmy Page was crazy enough to make an album with David Covercheeseball, but at least he knew better than to put the Led Zeppelin name on it.

As far as Aerosmith goes, they managed to ruin their own legacy with the original members, after they turned into a top 40 cheese ballad factory for eMpTyV
                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Jetstream
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Dec 2011

Yup, Page was smart enough not to call it Led Zeppelin and Plant did not attempt to call it Zeppelin even though he had some good solo material. As far as Aerosmith, we can kind of put it into perspective when they would at least remind us how cheezy the stuff is by still putting a few tracks which recall what they where. Hagar made people believe Van Halen was Night Ranger 24/7, but a worse version of Night Ranger... and he is currently using Bonham's son to convince the idiot masses live that now Zeppelin is part of his legacy, so Hagar just might tarnish Zeppelin too lol
                  Last edited by Jetstream; 05-24-2015, 11:51 PM.
                  I got lost in the...

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Zep sold more material with Hagar in than the previous singer , that's a fact check his book .
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by vandeleur
                      Zep sold more material with Hagar in than the previous singer , that's a fact check his book .
                      That's because the album the previous singer (not RP) made was never finished. Some Gary Cherone dude. Page fired him because he kept spreading his butt cheeks in front of him.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• VHscraps
                        Veteran
                        • Jul 2009

That's Hagar right there, leaning nonchalantly against the tree as his alien friends beam down zombie synth dude Alan Fitzgerald (second from left in rear, dressed in black). Former Montrose, Hagar solo band member and now ... Ed Van Halen's keyboard tech. Remote controlled by his boss, the Red Rocker.
                        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

The guy way in the back looks like a serial killer.

I happen to like the laser beams. So cutting edge.

Comment

• moose
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

I don't give a fuck about Joey and who he played with means fuck all to me
                            He was there and he was having fun
                            Unlike you who has nothing to do with your pathetic life

Comment

• VAiN
                              Use my hand, I won't look
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Satan

As far as Aerosmith goes, they managed to ruin their own legacy with the original members, after they turned into a top 40 cheese ballad factory for eMpTyV
                              I can't even imagine how much worse those shit cheese songs would have been with fatso at the helm.
                              Originally posted by wiseguy
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by moose
                                I don't give a fuck about Joey and who he played with means fuck all to me
                                He was there and he was having fun
                                He had a gay old time.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...