Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damngoodtimes
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

no worries. It's not like the major networks don't show that damn thing, back-to-back with the Drive, the Fumble, The Move, Game 7 of the 97 series.....oh, about once a month
    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I still can't watch that shit...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

despite me being only a few months old when the shot was made, and not even being in existance for the drive or the fumble, I'm actually more angry about the fumble and drive games and the mesa in retrospect.

The Shot, while painful (Ehlo was fucking fouled on the previous possession and was playing with a messed up ankle, funny how THAT's never mentioned), but following that, I'm curious if the Cavs could have knocked off the bad boy pistons even, to make the NBA title game?

The Drive game would have been just such a fitting way to win, Kosar throws it number 86, the number being significant as it was Gary Collins who wore that number in 64 to deliver the Browns and the city of Cleveland their final championship to date, my dad described the week leading up to it as insane. and I've heard reports of the stadium chanting "pasa-dena". Would have been nice to excercise some ghosts and have at least made the super bowl

Fumble game..was just the epitome of being left at the alter

Jose Mesa is a douche bag, and the Marlins don't deserve a MLB franchise. so that was horseshit.
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• damngoodtimes
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

for all the talk of the Shot, it was just a first-round series. now, if he had won the 92 series (ECF) that way....oy vay!

the Drive was epic. we had cousins call us after Brennan's TD, "we're going to the Super Bowl." then, slowly they march down the field

but fuckin' Mesa - two outs from the title...fuck me runnin'.
          David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
          — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

You guys should find this amusing. Just got back from the store, where people that had not bothered to plan ahead were picking up supplies to take to their various tailgating activities at the Dolphins home game. And naturally, the majority were wearing Browns jerseys. Yup, ya gotta love the so-called South Florida sports fan.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
              for all the talk of the Shot, it was just a first-round series. now, if he had won the 92 series (ECF) that way....oy vay!

the Drive was epic. we had cousins call us after Brennan's TD, "we're going to the Super Bowl." then, slowly they march down the field

but fuckin' Mesa - two outs from the title...fuck me runnin'.
              Marquis Grissom, Roberto Alomar, Tony Fernandez and fucking Charles Nagy get off the fucking hook far too much here. Mesa blew the game...but if Alomar doesn't get thrown out on a fucking squibber by Grissom in the top...the Tribe likely wins...and remember...Mesa didn't LOSE. He blew the save, which wasn't much of a surprise here. And the Indians likely don't lose at least in the 11th without fucking Tony Fernandez...

There was plenty of blame to go around...but yeah...two outs...tough...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                You guys should find this amusing. Just got back from the store, where people that had not bothered to plan ahead were picking up supplies to take to their various tailgating activities at the Dolphins home game. And naturally, the majority were wearing Browns jerseys. Yup, ya gotta love the so-called South Florida sports fan.
                I wonder where they were on Thursday night?

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  I wonder where they were on Thursday night?
                  At home watching a CSI rerun. S.F. sports fans don't attend games during the work week.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

eh, just snowbirds who didn't wait until Christmas to head south.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Unchainme
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2005

Browns have a HUGE following down in Florida, along with the Steelers, same with Charlotte/NC.

I think some of the larger Browns backer groups are down there.
                      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        eh, just snowbirds who didn't wait until Christmas to head south.
                        We don't really get as many snowbirds anymore. Those not frightened by the crime rate, hurricanes and the general stupidity of the area moved here permanently about 15 years ago.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

DOUBLE POST: Firefox Blows...
                          Last edited by chefcraig; 12-05-2010, 01:45 PM.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Raleigh is loaded with Steelers fans...There are several bars with Steelers groups here...

One of the favorites...ironically enough...called Sammy's...has Browns on one side...and Steelers on the other...

and Sammy...the owner?

From Buffalo...go figure...good guy though...smart...you should see it in that place...

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I can't believe there is even a thread about Cleveland "sports".

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                                Browns have a HUGE following down in Florida, along with the Steelers, same with Charlotte/NC.

I think some of the larger Browns backer groups are down there.
                                Along with various New York, Philly and Chicago franchises as well.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...