EXCLUSIVE: Roth Army Collaboration with Diamond Dave Enterprises !!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I think I may go to sleep until Tuesday BECAUSE I CANNOT STAND THE SUSPENSE!!!!!!

Oh dear.

Comment

• TJMKID
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bluemustard

Keep these fuckers comin' !!!

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
        The chances are there would have never been a 7th album without wolf . Am ready to take hit here but am sure it was his influence that got his dad to realise the relevance of CVH rather than van hagar.
        We are were we are , no mike but close enough to hear a new album, see a new tour etc etc .
        Some one said recently we have had 20 odd years of 3 quarters of van halen , i can settle for this 3/4 over the last 3/4.

I'm not sure I wanna give Wolf that much credit unless I hear it directly from Ed's mouth that sonny boy convinced him it was Dave or the grave.

Edweirdo and his sister The Reverend are all about the CASH MONEY --- and even they can figure out VH has no future without Diamond Lee in it. They finally got the message that a new singer wont work (Van Cherone) and patching things up with Sammy is a toxic dump (2004 tour).

If Eddie could somehow believe getting Mike back would add $50 million to the tour grosses, I can guarantee you Mr. Anthony-Sobolewski is in VH tomorrow and Wolfie is playing rhythm guitar.

Comment

• JJtheVagPounder
          Head Fluffer
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Little Texan
          Sorry for the off topic post, but I gotta say JJtheVagPounder is still the best name on these forums!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled discussion...
          Thanks. I enjoy it.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by SunisinuS
            I don't care about VH links feuds and such, but has anyone told Van Halen News Desk to say "Exclusive new photos over here at the Army" and give a link to it?

It is Van Halen News....they should link it.

That is exactly what will be done over the weekend at VHND, with Rotharmy.com props of course....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
              The so-called "exclusive photos" appear to be screen captures from the officially released VH videos, not from the Dave video. You can essentially do the same thing yourself: Play a clip using the full screen option, find a part you like, push the PrtScrn/SysRq key, go to Windows Paint, save and then edit the image for size. It's the same thing as taking a photo of your desktop.
              Hopefully we'll have the pics up tonight or tomorrow, sorry for the delay.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• SparkieD
                Veteran
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TJMKID

Edweirdo and his sister The Reverend are all about the CASH MONEY --- .
                Really? Then what the hell has taken him so long to release something? If the dude was motivated by money, could he not have ridden the momentum from the last tour and made a lot more?
                Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                Originally posted by rustoffa
                Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Just felt like embedding this...

Out of all the half-assed videos made during the last tour, this is my favorite, and it barely has a song in it....

I've been saying this for years here, but my favorite part of a concert is before it even starts, it's when the house lights go down and the band gets ready to start the show...

And as we all know, NO ONE does that better than Van Fucking Halen, people....

This was Opening Night last tour, in Charlotte, as the Mighty Van Halen took the stage....

Comment

• SparkieD
                    Veteran
                    • Sep 2006

That night was fucking MAGIC!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by SparkieD
                      That night was fucking MAGIC!
                      Pojo and I have been kicking ourselves for four years for not going to Charlotte AND Greensboro....

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I couldn't be at that one but i almost wet my pants in Cleveland during that intro.

Oh dear.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SparkieD
                          Really? Then what the hell has taken him so long to release something? If the dude was motivated by money, could he not have ridden the momentum from the last tour and made a lot more?
                          He did. Look at all of the dubious guitar gizmos he unleashed, claiming "It's what I use" when some of them were at least a bit on the questionable side (A fucking wah-wah pedal? REALLY? I can name one time I ever heard one on a VH record, and that was during the despicable Hagar era and on a song I couldn't name with a gun to my head. The fact that it came dressed up like the guitar on the second album cover only further muddied the waters.) and more often than not made little, if any sense (Flip-flops? Who in the hell wears flip-flops these days, other than those within 3 miles of a coastline?). The truth is, the "legend" of Edward Van Halen has been tarnished not by any new music sucking badly but by his second career as a gear whore. True, it was a bit of an improvement after his days as a publicly intoxicated, homeless-appearing embarrassment, yet not by much.

It also goes a long way toward explaining some of the pessimism some long-time fans happen to regard the current deluge of news and interest. For every ten folks out there looking at this whole deal with the thrill of anticipation, there are still 2-3 of us waiting for Lucy to jerk the football away as Charlie Brown runs up to kick it. I for one, refuse to apologize for that innate cynicism, as the band itself made every attempt to earn it.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• SparkieD
                            Veteran
                            • Sep 2006

It also goes a long way toward explaining some of the pessimism some long-time fans happen to regard the current deluge of news and interest. For every ten folks out there looking at this whole deal with the thrill of anticipation, there are still 2-3 of us waiting for Lucy to jerk the football away as Charlie Brown runs up to kick it. I for one, refuse to apologize for that innate cynicism, as the band itself made every attempt to earn it.
                            I'm one of the 2-3. Hell, somebody asked me if I was feeling okay when they announced tickets going on sale because I was so ho-hum about the news. I didn't even crack a smile about VH until I saw Dave's video. I don't think I've stopped smiling since seeing that.

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

GREAT Post!
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                Just felt like embedding this...

Out of all the half-assed videos made during the last tour, this is my favorite, and it barely has a song in it....

I've been saying this for years here, but my favorite part of a concert is before it even starts, it's when the house lights go down and the band gets ready to start the show...

And as we all know, NO ONE does that better than Van Fucking Halen, people....

This was Opening Night last tour, in Charlotte, as the Mighty Van Halen took the stage....

Damn that was a good night!!! Best 140 bucks I ever spent!!!! I was on the upper level checking out all the VH merch and walked in to see the VH blimps flying around the arena - and I couldn't believe they were about to actually hit the stage, opening night, right here in Charlotte. Ran down to the lower level and got to my seat (nobody was sittin' down that night) and it was ON!!
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...