X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Ward looked great, as always. An clear UD for him over Abraham, but not as dominant as some pundits are claiming.

I'm guessing Abraham goes down to 160 again now. There are a couple of German champs he could fight. Alternatively, a fight with Kessler at 168 could happen - they share promoters.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

Abraham did much better than i thought he would. What a surprise it was to see him coming forward to begin the fight. He put a lot of work in early which may have tired him out as the fight went on. He made it a tough fight for Ward with his rough tactics but just didn't have the skills to win. An enjoyable fight, which i didn't really expect going in - more than you can say about Pacman and Mosley.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

All the journos are saying that Ward DOMINATED Abraham. He won comfortably, and looked great doing so, but he was getting tagged.

AA just doesn't have the workrate or footwork to compoete at the hgier weights: at 160 he could blast guys and use his strength - once those equal out, he's in difficult territory.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by binnie
          Floyd is being a primadonna for sure. It's clear doesn't want the fight whilst all of the legal trouble is hanging over him and Roger. That being said, Pacman has being funny with regards to testing right up to the fight - Idon't think thats proof of juicing, but it is delaying the fight.

This fight WILL happen - there is too much money involved not too.

Floyd is an asshole of epic proportions, but he boxes circles round Pacman after 4 or 5 rounds of adjusting to the southpaw style.
          Did you hear about the supposed email's from the pacquiao camp regardingthe drug tests?
          Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 05-16-2011, 10:50 AM.
          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Nope, I've not heard that one.

There's so much hysteria around the issue that I lose interest quickly.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Sounds suspect but teddy atlas said there were two emails sent to flloyds guys.The first is supposed to have asked what ramifications there would be if the test turned up positive,and here is the killer.The second is supposed to have asked if they would keep it secret if they turned up positive for the good of the sport

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

B-Hop Pascal anyone?

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                  Sounds suspect but teddy atlas said there were two emails sent to flloyds guys.The first is supposed to have asked what ramifications there would be if the test turned up positive,and here is the killer.The second is supposed to have asked if they would keep it secret if they turned up positive for the good of the sport
                  That's got to be BS. No-one would be dumb enough to ask that via email.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                    B-Hop Pascal anyone?
                    Bhop on points.

I like Pascal a lot. His performances against Froch, Dianacou and Dawson were very, very impressive, and I think he could have been a champ for a long time if he'd been smary enough to avoid Bhop.

The 'draw' in the first fight was a joke - Bhop clearly edged it. Pascal gasses late on, doesn't throw enough punches or present the angles that could give Bhop trouble. Assuming he hasn't gotten old overnight (it HAS to happen sooner or later), Bhop wins this at 46 years old.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

That's got to be BS. No-one would be dumb enough to ask that via email.
                      Teddy Atlas also really does not seem to like manny,So i would second that

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Bhop on points.

I like Pascal a lot. His performances against Froch, Dianacou and Dawson were very, very impressive, and I think he could have been a champ for a long time if he'd been smary enough to avoid Bhop.

The 'draw' in the first fight was a joke - Bhop clearly edged it. Pascal gasses late on, doesn't throw enough punches or present the angles that could give Bhop trouble. Assuming he hasn't gotten old overnight (it HAS to happen sooner or later), Bhop wins this at 46 years old.
                        Becoming the oldest champion in history,that would be sweet.The first fight verdict was a joke yes,Bhop clearly won.However,Pascal knocked him down twice so mentally he knows he can hurt him.I think Bhop on points but i would even say a Pascal KO would not be out of the question if he can put enough pressure on early

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

I'm sure Bhop has a game plan to weather the early storm this time.

Pascall could be a really great fighter if he ditched his Roy Jones fixation and got some stamina. He really has the potential to be the man at 175, until Andre Ward, Carl Froch and/or Mikkel Kessler move up that is.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                            Abraham did much better than i thought he would. What a surprise it was to see him coming forward to begin the fight. He put a lot of work in early which may have tired him out as the fight went on. He made it a tough fight for Ward with his rough tactics but just didn't have the skills to win. An enjoyable fight, which i didn't really expect going in - more than you can say about Pacman and Mosley.
                            I agree Abraham did better than expected, and Ward by no means "dominated" him fully, and he was getting tagged. It was a good fight though. I watched Pacquiao-Mosely again and was just as annoyed for having watched the whole thing this time. IMO it looks like, after the 3rd round, Mosely said to himself "Fuck this. I'm not getting knocked out, but I'm GETTIN' paid." It looked more like he was sparring from that point on, and retreating when Manny tried to engage. The thing that annoyed me most was clearly Mosely could tag him - and for a couple of brief seconds stopped Manny in his tracks, but then refused to capitalize on it. I think Nazim Richardson was getting pissed too, when in the corner he said to Mosely "That knock-down's got you all defensive-minded. You need to ....(go back out there and let your hands go)", but Shane wouldn't.

Regarding the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight that HAS to happen now: Yes, I doubt the veracity of the email thing. too ...what buffoon would ask that? And I'd especially like to know the full context...was it like "Uh, what if we win, and THEN it turns out Manny was fully juiced...?" C'mon. No way. I believe the anonymous sparring partner story more easily...lol

But the "good of the sport" bit? Fuck that, someone using HGH or steriods or whatever is just as bad as Margarito having bricks in his gloves. Inexcusable.
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Mosely is a warrior - think of those fights where he gave it his all.

Against Manny, he wanted a payday. I think he was worried about getting KO's for sure.

A lot of this has to do with being totally outclassed by Floyd - Floyd breaks people mentally: you go from thinking you're invincible to realizing that you are not. It's a mental break: Hatton was never the same, Judah was never the same, and now Shane too.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Just been reading through this list of 100 greatest pound for pound boxers.Some pretty interesting stuff,May be fun to share.The link starts from number 95 (I did not fancy back tracking through it all)

Anyhow,Enjoy
                                "Pound for pound" rankings were developed by boxing writers during the era of Sugar Ray Robinson (pictured) to rank the world's greatest fighters irrespective of their weight division...

Comment

Working...