X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

They were oil cooled, and when the engine was shut off the oil stopped flowing but the turbo still may have been hot. Impeller vanes still spinning with no lube...not good.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
      Everything I have now is either RWD or RWD/4WD. I'll probably end up with another RWD.

Do you not get snow though?

I guess you have more than one car so not such a problem...

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
        I would give my left testicle for a Hellcat!
        So you value your left testicle at around $50k?

That's quite a lot given your age...

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

I thought I saw a Hellcat Charger at the grocery store the other day. Turns out someone added Hellcat badges to a V6 Charger SXT...
          Had a 68 Chevelle SS clone for 6 years. Traded it for a 70 Buick GS455. It looked like grandma's grocery getter but it ran like a bat outta Hell.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

When I had my silly FIAT Coupe thing some twat stole the turbo logo one night. That kind of made sense to make their car worth 5K more but the wierd thing was they only stole one of them when there were two, one on each side.

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              When I had my silly FIAT Coupe thing some twat stole the turbo logo one night. That kind of made sense to make their car worth 5K more but the wierd thing was they only stole one of them when there were two, one on each side.

I don't think they offered that model here. The only Fiats I've seen advertised here in decades were the Abarths.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Do you not get snow though?

I guess you have more than one car so not such a problem...
                Oh we get snow. The lake is still relatively warm, get some cold Canadian air blowing across the warm water and the snow machine fires up.

The tally is more like one car, four Jeeps. But I get where I need to go. The car stays in the garage all winter, I don't run all season tires on it.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  I don't think they offered that model here. The only Fiats I've seen advertised here in decades were the Abarths.
                  They brought back the teeny 500 first, then two others (500L, 500X), and now the Miata based 124 roadster.

Alfa Romeo is coming back and will be sold at most Fiat dealers. The 4c is already here. Giulia will be out soon, with an SUV not too far behind.

That will be the new RWD/AWD platform shared with Dodge cars and crossovers. FCA has to get Giulia right the first time though, they want to compete with BMW and questionable quality at launch (which is an FCA trademark) isn't going to cut it.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    It was fun while it lasted, they were fast enough 0-60 in 6 seconds.

It wasn't cheap to run though and over time bits and pieces stopped working or fell off.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

They brought back the teeny 500 first, then two others (500L, 500X), and now the Miata based 124 roadster.

Alfa Romeo is coming back and will be sold at most Fiat dealers. The 4c is already here. Giulia will be out soon, with an SUV not too far behind.

That will be the new RWD/AWD platform shared with Dodge cars and crossovers. FCA has to get Giulia right the first time though, they want to compete with BMW and questionable quality at launch (which is an FCA trademark) isn't going to cut it.
                      My ex-sister in law had a Beemer, they ain't exactly Consumer Reports favorite car for reliability either. I think the BMW 3's are a bit better though. The Alfa looks bad ass, and they had a small following here. A dealership in Williamsville, NY sold used ones into the 90's...

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's funny, one of the older Jeep dealerships here had an Alfa store a couple doors down back in the 80's. Now it's all under the same company. He didn't get the Fiats though, they went to one of the other dealer groups and it's already been sold to the guy who has the local Kia and Mitsu lots.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Alpha Romeo's used to have a terrible reputation for reliability I would still be a bit wary of them.

I once test drove one from a dealer and after about a mile, clouds of electrical smoke starting pouring from the dashboard.

To be fair this was the late 90s but still...

Used to see quite a lot of GTV's back in the day which were very pretty but not very practical.
                          Last edited by Seshmeister; 11-14-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

FCA had problems with the launches of Dart and Cherokee. Software issues with the new 9 speed transmissions. Cherokee was delayed because of it. I think that Giulia has been delayed as well. I'm kind of surprised they don't have more problems with the Hemi cars.

I had mentioned I was bringing my SRT-6 to a car show and not one of the Jeeps. A member of the local Jeep FB group asked if the car had been reliable, and I replied why wouldn't it be reliable, it's Mercedes underneath, not a Fiat. $50 for plates, $100 for the full synthetic oil change, and any gas I burned is all it's cost me to run this year.
                            Last edited by twonabomber; 11-14-2016, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

An all wheel drive Challenger will be announced at the NAIAS show in January but it won't be Hellcat powered.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

An all wheel drive Challenger will be announced at the NAIAS show in January but it won't be Hellcat powered.
                                What's the purpose? Is there a market for AWD muscle cars?
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...