X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacksmar
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    The problem people have with Tommy the Roadie is that he's playing in Ace's makeup.

At least Singer played with them for a few years as himself.

Vinnie Vincent made up his own character. So did Eric Carr. They only used them for a couple of years, so if these two scabs can't make up their own characters, maybe they should use Vincent & Carr's, instead of Ace & Peter's.

Now of course somebody might think it's in bad taste to use a dead guy's makeup. But not really much worse than what they are doing now. Thayer & Singer dressed up as Ace & Peter is no more authentic than Jerskmear's Mini-Kiss tribute band......

FORD, you couldn't carry my Paul Stanley Dimarzio loaded; mirrored Hamer Z guitar case. Go fuck yourself.
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
      You gotta be kidding me with this shit.....You're WAYYYYYYY too caught up in KISS fandom if you're writing this much to defend them like this. I grew up with KISS, love KISS, supported them through all the changes, taking off the makeup, even that fucking awful Elder album, but If you actually think that KISS was selling albums or selling out all their shows before the reunion tour, you're out of your mind.

I'm pissed at Gene and Paul. They are robbing the fans of what we want. And I won't spend one cent to go to a scab show. I bought both albums (I can deal with $10), but not one cent on a show. Take off the makeup, we can talk.

I'll admit I'm a fan.

I'm not going to let others say they don't sell records like they used to and play to empty seats.

That's why I posted my reply. The figures are there and so are the vids to show that they're not.

Do I wish it was everyone connected to the band taking the stage at the rrhof...yes I do. That's not happening though.KISS is in and they earned their place.
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

I threw out everything I had Kiss-related.

This crap is the last straw.

If I ever hear anything else about the Asshole Twins, it will be too soon.

I will never willingly listen to their crap ever again, as all it does is remind me what a goddamnable fucking asshole Gene and Paul truly are.

Fuck those worthless pieces of shit. They are not even worthy to smell Peter's shit.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Sweet, tap-dancing baby Jesus, you guys...

Yeah, I love KISS, on up to that second, slickly recorded live album, afterward that dumb-as-a-box-of-hammers "I Was Made For Loving You" single (which I cherished for Ace's solo, only to find out years later it might NOT have been Frehley playing it ), "Sure Know Something" (yeah, right...more deep thinking) and some of the "Non-make-up" stuff.

Fuck, I discovered this band while my mom was watching the Mike Douglas show one afternoon when I came home from school. Next thing ya know, I'm in a beat-to-shit Ford Econoline, delivering newspapers with that first album blasting through a crapazoid 8-track player, with one functioning speaker!

Yet there is no possible way am I gonna put this oddball outfit under the scrutiny we normally reserve for acts like Van Halen (don't get me started on that inscrutable worm fest), Grand Funk Railroad or even Uriah Heep.

Who gives a shit about musical or moral integrity from a band of twits like this? Yeah, Gene Simmons is pretty much a schmuck, and Paul Stanley blew his throat out around five years ago. Whatever.

I'll still buy KISS reissue albums and tee-shirts at Target (on sale, of course), maybe go to a show or two, and ultimately not concern myself with the band's politics. Know why? The music makes me happy. And with a group like KISS, if you are thinking beyond that, then perhaps ya might be thinking a bit too much.

And by the way, this is a copy of the shirt I wore to our work Christmas party, a couple years ago...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The original "Alive II" (available as a bootleg) was much better than that studio creation they eventually released under that name.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

The original "Alive II" (available as a bootleg) was much better than that studio creation they eventually released under that name.
              You mean this one? ( Only the audio, this is mixed with Budokan '77 video ).....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah.... oddly enough, I was just watching it on YouTube and almost pasted it over here myself.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Maybe they should have called it "KISS: Live at Budokan". Hell, it worked for Cheap Trick (who ironically enough was probably opening for Kiss right around that time)

At 44 minutes though, I'm not sure if that's the whole album. I'd have to dig up that bootleg to check. Might be though, because it does have the "studio" side 4, just like the officially released album did, so that could be the whole live portion of the record (since most "double albums" were only 60 minutes or so back then)
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• fraroc
                    Commando
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    I threw out everything I had Kiss-related.

This crap is the last straw.

If I ever hear anything else about the Asshole Twins, it will be too soon.

I will never willingly listen to their crap ever again, as all it does is remind me what a goddamnable fucking asshole Gene and Paul truly are.

Fuck those worthless pieces of shit. They are not even worthy to smell Peter's shit.
                    See ya.
                    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      Sweet, tap-dancing baby Jesus, you guys...

Yeah, I love KISS, on up to that second, slickly recorded live album, afterward that dumb-as-a-box-of-hammers "I Was Made For Loving You" single (which I cherished for Ace's solo, only to find out years later it might NOT have been Frehley playing it ), "Sure Know Something" (yeah, right...more deep thinking) and some of the "Non-make-up" stuff.

Fuck, I discovered this band while my mom was watching the Mike Douglas show one afternoon when I came home from school. Next thing ya know, I'm in a beat-to-shit Ford Econoline, delivering newspapers with that first album blasting through a crapazoid 8-track player, with one functioning speaker!

Yet there is no possible way am I gonna put this oddball outfit under the scrutiny we normally reserve for acts like Van Halen (don't get me started on that inscrutable worm fest), Grand Funk Railroad or even Uriah Heep.

Who gives a shit about musical or moral integrity from a band of twits like this? Yeah, Gene Simmons is pretty much a schmuck, and Paul Stanley blew his throat out around five years ago. Whatever.

I'll still buy KISS reissue albums and tee-shirts at Target (on sale, of course), maybe go to a show or two, and ultimately not concern myself with the band's politics. Know why? The music makes me happy. And with a group like KISS, if you are thinking beyond that, then perhaps ya might be thinking a bit too much.

And by the way, this is a copy of the shirt I wore to our work Christmas party, a couple years ago...

Ha! ha! the good old 8 tracks. You are right. It's KISS. He who thinks too much is a fool. LOL!
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Chaim could have made all that "Ace is a Nazi" shit up though. Just like he apparently made up the story about Eddie & Alex playing on the demo of "Christine Sixteen" - because you KNOW his greedy ass would have put out that tape by now if it existed, knowing it would sell.

Not that Ace wouldn't be incapable of getting drunk and stupid and thinking.... hey, how can I fuck with these guys? Oh yeah....they're Jews! Why don't I dress up like a Nazi and really piss them off!. It just seems odd that the story never came out until Chaim needed to justify kicking Ace out of the band.
                        Interesting point of view. You would think someone who's mother spent time in a nazi concentration camp would send ol Ace to the emergency room for dressing up in an SS uniform. Even the most disciplined person would snap when with that kind of shit going on. I always found it amusing a band ran by two jews had a logo that had the nazi styled lightning bolt S's at the end of it. Then I read Ace designed the KISS logo. LOL! Oh that nazi Ace.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• indeedido
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

Chaim could have made all that "Ace is a Nazi" shit up though. Just like he apparently made up the story about Eddie & Alex playing on the demo of "Christine Sixteen" - because you KNOW his greedy ass would have put out that tape by now if it existed, knowing it would sell.

Not that Ace wouldn't be incapable of getting drunk and stupid and thinking.... hey, how can I fuck with these guys? Oh yeah....they're Jews! Why don't I dress up like a Nazi and really piss them off!. It just seems odd that the story never came out until Chaim needed to justify kicking Ace out of the band.
                          Paul and Peter dressed up like the Nazi SS officers too, plenty of pics out there. Gene singles Ace out because he won't bow to him and it pisses him off. Ace is as much of a nazi as Gene is. Jimmy Page toured in Zep with a nazi officers hat on, is he a nazi too?
                          This space for rent.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            Interesting point of view. You would think someone who's mother spent time in a nazi concentration camp would send ol Ace to the emergency room for dressing up in an SS uniform. Even the most disciplined person would snap when with that kind of shit going on. I always found it amusing a band ran by two jews had a logo that had the nazi styled lightning bolt S's at the end of it. Then I read Ace designed the KISS logo. LOL! Oh that nazi Ace.
                            And that's why I questioned what Bleater said about Paul also being dressed up in the Nazi shit.

Because as pissed off as Chaim would be with Ace doing it, it would seem to me to be that much worse for him if another Jew did it. Especially one who had been his alleged best friend back from 1970 or whenever it was that they put Wicked Lester together. Surely they had conversations about Gene's mom and the holocaust and all that?

As far as the SS in the band logo.... I guess they just had a dark sense of humor about that whole thing. The Germans didn't though..... that's why KISS albums released in Germany look like this.......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• indeedido
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              Chaim and Paul aren't stupid. They were smart enough to see the public loved the NOSTALGIA and were willing to pay for it. It didn't seem to matter that someone else was in the makeup. You wouldn't have the NOSTALGIA illusion if TOMMY Painted Zebra stripes on his face or looked like an evil clown. As long as the music is good, the fireworks blow, and nobody fucks up the choreography and they can sell this shit, all is well in zion. Gene always said KISS was bigger than any one member. He's right. KI$$ like money itself is simply a well crafted illusion.
                              As a fan I just don't like how Gene and Paul sell this shit. They say "we've moved on". Have you? If you've moved on why do you continue to use the Ace and Peter makeup on scabs? That's not moving on. If you moved on there would be new characters. It is about nostalgia, I get that, but all they do is slag on the other too and merchandise the original four members on everything. That is the disconnect for me. I think half the crowd doesn't know Ace and Peter aren't up there. My brother in law is a younger guy, he had no idea.
                              This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
                                Veteran
                                • Feb 2004

Ace: "Hey Gene, did you see this Jimmy Page nazi guy? WTF man?!"

This space for rent.

Comment

Working...