X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
    I mean, I can't disagree with the things you said in principle. I have impulses on occasion to go out and in one fashion or another fight against things I consider unjust.

The thing of it is, in America, for the underclasses (of which I am a part) conformity is what is rewarded. If you are innovate or groundbreaking in a business sense, you get big time rewards. If you go around telling people how dumb, stupid, fucked up, ignorant or incompetent they are...well, you'd better be self-sufficient, because pretty soon nobody is going to want to deal with you. I'm generalizing, of course, but there's a bedrock of truth to what I'm saying.

If I go out and, say, protest an environmental concern and get arrested in the process of protesting:

1) I live in a Right To Work state, so I can get shitcanned for it: my company doesn't hire people with criminal records nor histories of arrest. They won't flat-out tell somebody that, but I've seen the practical reality of how it works. If they want to shitcan you, they'll find a way. If I try to unionize, I'll be out on my ass.

2) Once I have an arrest record, it's there forever, disqualifying me for lots of other jobs. And that information follows you around forever now.

Having said all that, if some corporate cunts are poisoning the environment, shouldn't I be willing to lay everything I consider to be important on the line for that? Absolutely.

Will I? Nope.

Why not? Because I'm more scared of the short-term personal consequences to myself than the broader long-term consequences to all of us.

Am I a pussy for being this way? Yep.

Even beyond all of that - and call this a feeble rationalization if you will - the folks who have the REAL, big time money...they've already got it all wrapped up. They bought it all, lock, stock and barrel. By and large, the rich and powerful do what they want to. They've bought the politicians, gotten the laws changed - it boggles the mind when one finds out some of the things that are legal - to make sure the playing field is stacked in their favor. They live in their private enclaves surrounded by security so they aren't touched by the consequences of what they do. They don't live in the places where they dump their toxic waste. They don't live in the countries where our armies are sent to control the resources. Their monies and way of life are secure.

I don't believe in violence, but the only way I see concepts such as equality taking root are when people are ready to fight for them. Physically. Counting on the elite to divest themselves of their money and power in the interests of "doing the right thing" for the greater good is a sure-fire loser argument that will get you subjected to ridicule, and little else. Only when their personal physical security is threatened will things change. And it will be violent. And bloody. And possibly the last war.

It's the threat of that which keeps the underclasses in line, semi-content with the crumbs they've been thrown: the threat being the alternative of physical sacrifice.

Republicans, Democrats...these terms don't have the meaning they once did. Not any more. Just more bullshit labels to keep the poor masses divided against each other. About the best you can hope for from a politician is a competent manager who can manage to keep the lid on the volcano.
    We have the best government money can buy. The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is the rhetoric they spew. Both love the corporate money and both take it.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• jacksmar
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      Explanation:

After visiting last year I don't know how anyone who lives in Florida doesn't think that there is something fucked up going on.
      So, let me get this eco-Nazi thought straight, cooling is also a sign of "Climate Change".
      And it's still our fault.

Hiding The Evidence

There was the study published in the American Meteorological Society's Journal of Climate showing that climate models exaggerate global warming from CO2 emissions by as much as 45%. It was ignored.

Then there was the study in the journal Nature Geoscience that found that climate models were faulty, and that, as one of the authors put it, "We haven't seen that rapid acceleration in warming after 2000 that we see in the models."

Nor did the press see fit to report on findings from the University of Alabama-Huntsville showing that the Earth's atmosphere appears to be less sensitive to changing CO2 levels than previously assumed.
      A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
        So, let me get this eco-Nazi thought straight, cooling is also a sign of "Climate Change".

Hiding The Evidence

There was the study published in the American Meteorological Society's Journal of Climate showing that climate models exaggerate global warming from CO2 emissions by as much as 45%. It was ignored.

Then there was the study in the journal Nature Geoscience that found that climate models were faulty, and that, as one of the authors put it, "We haven't seen that rapid acceleration in warming after 2000 that we see in the models."

Nor did the press see fit to report on findings from the University of Alabama-Huntsville showing that the Earth's atmosphere appears to be less sensitive to changing CO2 levels than previously assumed.
        Haha! It's like arguing religion or politics. Who's story do you believe? I'm always skeptical when rich people like the Rothschilds and Al Gore start hard selling something. A lot of the climate data comes out of Great Britain and you have David de Rothschild going around a few years ago warning people of global warming. The fix was an international tax on carbon where oddly enough huge producers like China get a free pass. Seems more like a ploy to get an international tax so more power can be consolidated to people who the average person doesn't vote into power. Just my two cents.

If things were really as dire as these alarmists claim there would be more data from more sources and there would be more being done about it. it's a hard sell trying to make people believe CO2 is dangerous. When I was in grade school I was taught it is what plants and trees needed to survive. It was a good thing. I guess they just need more time to indoctrinate the school children and scare the hell out of them. Fortunately that program wasn't running when I went to school. We were still worried about the Soviet Union and nukes. That was the big boogy man in our day.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          Haha! It's like arguing religion or politics.
          No it's not. Religion is based on faith which is believing something without any proof. There is overwhelming proof of man made climate change accepted by 99% of scientists and every country in the world apart some Republicans in the USA. This is due to a deliberate and successful attempt by lobby groups in the US to muddy the waters in a similar way to what was done by tobacco companies back in the day. To show how out of step you are with that from the website of Exxon Mobil no less -

Our position on climate change

We have the same concerns as people everywhere – and that is how to provide the world with the energy it needs while reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
          The risk of climate change is clear and the risk warrants action. Increasing carbon emissions in the atmosphere are having a warming effect. There is a broad scientific and policy consensus that action must be taken to further quantify and assess the risks.

ExxonMobil is taking action by reducing greenhouse gas emissions in its operations, helping consumers reduce their emissions, supporting research that leads to technology breakthroughs and participating in constructive dialogue on policy options.

Addressing climate change, providing economic opportunity and lifting billions out of poverty are complex and interrelated issues requiring complex solutions. There is a consensus that comprehensive strategies are needed to respond to these risks.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Hiding The Evidence

All opinions are not equal. I go to all the experts, you are getting your opinions from an ex hedge fund manager.

Comment

• jacksmar
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              All opinions are not equal. I go to all the experts, you are getting your opinions from an ex hedge fund manager.
              This is like talking to an old woman.

You must mean those experts that admitted to using a trick to hide the decline in the Earth's temps since 1960.

The experts leaked email exchanges also show that they tried to delete their own emails in response to a Freedom of Information request.

The TARD experts have given one sky-is-falling prediction after the other. Global warming, California slides into the ocean, Nuclear Winter, Polar Ice caps, Hole in the Ozone.

All that happened was energy taxes and a new moniker climate change.

Show me where your asshole experts have had any success proving global warming with quantum mechanics. Quantum mechanics is real physical evidence.

None of that hoax bullshit. Those same experts won't recognize quantum mechanics. It's foreign and unnatural them. It's called science.

The world is round again....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                I just put in a new septic system last year. 1000 gallon tank and a huge drain field. We sit on a lot with pulverized lava rock under it. Perfect for purifying piss and shit.
                The newer filtration systems reduce bacteria by slowing exfiltration of poo allowing them to completely consume all waste by using sand banks. I've seen the claim that the resulting water at the end is clean enough that you can drink it without getting sick, not testing that though...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Hiding The Evidence

If scientists are wrong, then move to Love Canal! It will all be fine, and the real-estate is so cheap!

Let's argue about gravity. My friends says science says it's real but I think it's all bullshit and the earth is flat. I'm smarter than gravity scientists and it's all a hoax perpetrated by that Sir Isaac Newton cunt!
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-18-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    The newer filtration systems reduce bacteria by slowing exfiltration of poo allowing them to completely consume all waste by using sand banks. I've seen the claim that the resulting water at the end is clean enough that you can drink it without getting sick, not testing that though...
                    We live by a river so that requires a large drain field. They do all sorts of analysis on the soil and substrate to see exactly what is needed. I used to be into salt water aquariums and read about all the different ways to filter them. Use to experiment with that sort of stuff and yup a lot of it is having the water go through a colony of the right kind of bacteria and it's amazing how effective it is.

Comment

• jacksmar
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

If scientists are wrong, then move to Love Canal! It will all be fine, and the real-estate is so cheap!

Let's argue about gravity. My friends says science says it's real but I think it's all bullshit and the earth is flat. I'm smarter than gravity scientists and it's all a hoax perpetrated by that Sir Isaac Newton cunt!
                      Well put your money where your mouth is and take a climb up the State Tower and step off, fucknuts!

Comment

• jacksmar
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Add this to the GW bullshit sky-is-falling list. Call the prediction The Bug Out

Climate change on track to cause major insect wipeout, scientists warn

Insects are vital to ecosystems but will lose almost half their habitat under current climate projections

Global warming is on track to cause a major wipeout of insects, compounding already severe losses, according to a new analysis.

Insects are vital to most ecosystems and a widespread collapse would cause extremely far-reaching disruption to life on Earth, the scientists warn. Their research shows that, even with all the carbon cuts already pledged by nations so far, climate change would make almost half of insect habitat unsuitable by the end of the century, with pollinators like bees particularly affected.

However, if climate change could be limited to a temperature rise of 1.5C - the very ambitious goal included in the global Paris agreement - the losses of insects are far lower.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Well put your money where your mouth is and take a climb up the State Tower and step off, fucknuts!
                          I didn't put my mouth or money on any such thing. You're the idiot making the massively ignorant claims in this thread. Once again jackssmear resorts to "I know you are, but what am I?"

Go put your mouth and money on a dick!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Add this to the GW bullshit sky-is-falling list. Call the prediction The Bug Out

Insects are vital to ecosystems but will lose almost half their habitat under current climate projections

Global warming is on track to cause a major wipeout of insects, compounding already severe losses, according to a new analysis.

Insects are vital to most ecosystems and a widespread collapse would cause extremely far-reaching disruption to life on Earth, the scientists warn. Their research shows that, even with all the carbon cuts already pledged by nations so far, climate change would make almost half of insect habitat unsuitable by the end of the century, with pollinators like bees particularly affected.

However, if climate change could be limited to a temperature rise of 1.5C - the very ambitious goal included in the global Paris agreement - the losses of insects are far lower.
                            It's just stunning how you don't find this at all alarming because you hate insects due to your sister giving you crabs once. Your special ed. teacher should really be ashamed!

Die insex! Die! yay!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

It's just stunning how you don't find this at all alarming because you hate insects due to your sister giving you crabs once. Your special ed. teacher should really be ashamed!

Die insex! Die! yay!!!
                              The way teachers behave these days Jacksmear probably got crabs from the special ed teacher.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Wait - you can't be so stupid as to be trying to make a point that climate change will get rid of insects and that would be a good thing?

Comment

Working...