• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Or his 911 activity investigated...
    Exactly. This is why Andy only let Barney have one bullet - he was too damned excitable. If this guy called 911 every damn week, and I don't doubt Hambon, somebody should have put the brakes on him a long time ago. That's not a comment on what happened here, since I don't know what happened. But where I live, if you call the police every fucking week you better have a damn good reason.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Headly1984
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2011

Records show Zimmerman, 28, called the cops 46 times between January 2011 and Feb. 26.

Many of the calls appear related to his crime-watch volunteer role. The most frequent reason for his calls — nine times — was to report a suspicious person, according to Sanford Police Department records released last week.

over a 14 month period - he called 9 times about a suspicious person - whoo.... bad man ...

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        Ok, either this "gated community" looks like Beirut on a bad night or there's something seriously wrong here. 49 calls??? Really??? Jesus, you'd think he would have been kicked off the community watch by this point...
        It will turn out to be another case of some kid on medication. His meds either made him do it or he got off his meds and that made him do it. At least with a gun even a crazy ass usually thinks before pulling the trigger. If this dude had a tazer he probably would have tazed everyone in the gated community by now. Once these paranoid renta cops hear it's non lethal they go ape shit tazing everything that moves.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• knuckleboner
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

C'mon dude...

Getting a trademark for your recently dead son ??

That's lame...

Hey maybe that asshole Obama can pull some strings and get it done for her...
          hysterical. you don't want to judge the guy that shot the kid before you know all of the facts, but you're more than willing to judge the mom.

like i said, it's at least possible that she doesn't want OTHER people controlling her son's name. because, if you copyrighted, "justice for trayvon" then you could make shirts and profits and license it to video games and strip clubs, and everything this mom would hate to see her son's name attached to.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Headly1984
            I was hoping having a black president would help race relations - but, having bho step on his dick and make the dumbass comments he did only fueled the flames imho

nice way to divide the country jackazz
            I think Barrack Obama has been a complete failure at everything most people who voted for him hoped he would do.

That being said I think the country would elect another black president. It's the small minded shit heads who get stired up over this sort of thing. The people Al Sharpton can easily manipulate or the white people listening to their snack handling minister. The people who are more sophisticated and think for themselves instead of having to have some cheerleader think for them aren't buying into it.

Like most things, I think the reality is not as bad as the media is making us believe it is. We no longer have neutral news, we have propaganda and the banking fucks want a red herring to distract us from their crimes. Worse stuff than this happens on a daily basis in this coutnry. For some reason this story has been chosen to antagonize the public with.

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

waiting for knuckleboner to insult me for being polite in a private community - or for following the rules of a private community to prevent negative attention and trouble
              we'll then you'll be waiting a LOOOONG time. the knuckleboner doesn't need insults.

that said, it's irrelevant whether you or anybody else is polite when you're questioned in a gated community. the fact is that zimmerman did what he was ostensibly supposed to do - he called the police. and he was told to let the police handle it. he chose to ignore that. that's all undisputed. he could've been the most polite motherfucker on the planet, and at the end of the day he still unnecessarily inserted himself in a situation that escalated into a death.

however, i'm willing to listen if you've got an argument that although the 2nd amendment applies in a gated community, the 4th amendment's unnecessary...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Records show Zimmerman, 28, called the cops 46 times between January 2011 and Feb. 26.

Many of the calls appear related to his crime-watch volunteer role. The most frequent reason for his calls — nine times — was to report a suspicious person, according to Sanford Police Department records released last week.

over a 14 month period - he called 9 times about a suspicious person - whoo.... bad man ...
                Hey, I'm not taking a side here. And I appreciate the clarification. Seriously.

But unless I'm mistaken, and I certainly could be, didn't this confrontation take place within arm's length? Meaning one of these two guys approached the other? If Zimmerman approached this guy - and by all of the "news reports" it was him approaching this guy, then Zimmerman should have backed off when he felt the situation was about to go bad. One of the first things you'll learn in an armed self defense class is to retreat from the threat when possible. One of the next things you'll learn is to not go looking for trouble. In the state of North Carolina we have the Castle Doctrine - look it up. And no where does it say that a legally armed citizen can chase down someone who "looks suspicious". Or for God's sake is "wearing a hoodie". And what kind of bull-fucking-shit is that??? And why have I never heard it??? I've lived in the South most of my life - admittedly the most racist part of this country. And somehow I've never heard that a fucking "hoodie" equates to a maniacal, doped-up, BLACK killer of innocent white people??? How have I missed that? Geez, maybe because IT'S ALL A BUNCH OF SHIT!!!

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  That being said I think the country would elect another black president. It's the small minded shit heads who get stired up over this sort of thing. The people Al Sharpton can easily manipulate or the white people listening to their snack handling minister. The people who are more sophisticated and think for themselves instead of having to have some cheerleader think for them aren't buying into it.
                  I'm no fan of Obama's but I am glad that a black man got elected President. I was hoping that it would be a transcendental moment in America's history that would be the beginning of the end of all the race shit in America, but sadly he has only served to make things worse at times. I'd vote for someone like Walter E. Williams in a second and have admiration for Justice Clarence Thomas.
                  "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                    I'm no fan of Obama's but I am glad that a black man got elected President. I was hoping that it would be a transcendental moment in America's history that would be the beginning of the end of all the race shit in America, but sadly he has only served to make things worse at times. I'd vote for someone like Walter E. Williams in a second and have admiration for Justice Clarence Thomas.
                    That's the the thing. There was the sound barrier and we broke it. In US politics there was the race barrier. I can remember Eddie Murphy making jokes about how impossible it would be to have a black president in the 1980's. Now we elected one. We finally broke the race barrier and that's a good thing.

I think Barrack Obama could have been a good president. He certainly had the public presentation ability and was smart enough to learn the presidency. But he chose to be an aloof president much like George W. Bush and let his financial backers run things. We have a president that is just letting those guys rob us blind. That is why the Obama administration and Bush administration burned through so much money.

Bill Clinton with all his faults and corruption at least studied the presidency. Clinton was known to be a micromanager. Now I thought he sold us out but not as bad as Obama and Bush but at least the guy was managing things. I really have a dislike for absentee presidents and we have had two in a row during some really challenging times. It's not good. We need leadership. That is what is lacking in Washington. We have a bunch of leaches and buffoons and no real leaders.

Comment

• Headly1984
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jul 2011

how many people here live in a gated community - ?

if a young man is walking late at night by himself, a member of the private community will more times than not ask, who are you here to visit - everyone knows everyone - it is a private community - if a 6'3 guy is asked where you going and then puts his hood up and walks away - what does that body language say - Fuck you ?

oh yeah, well fuck you kid, I live here and I dont want trouble - either you are visiting and all is ok or it's not - which is it ? then whack - a broken nose and a tussle - then bang - florida has different gun laws, it isn't castle -if you go to florida much - you see the news - everynight there are shootings - people know the laws and are familiar with why not to fuck around - there is high, high unemployment rates, lots of crime and lots of gun owners legal and not legal - best to be polite in florida at night - not belligerent - the kid is no angle he wanted trouble - he figured guy wasn;t armed is my .002 and lost his gamble

either way - the world has Iran with the bomb and North Korea is launching a long range missile than can deliver a nuke to your door - who gives a fuq if a couple of idiots tussled and one died, people get killed every day in gang violence- - even innocents by wild shots fired -but dont snitch is even in rap songs - where is the black leaders then ? the story is still white on black - why ? who is white in this scenario ?

and who can defend a thug uniform ? hoodie up, baggie pants and white t-shirt - generic thug wear - now chic in honor of a punk kid who wanted trouble - or he could have said - hey mr, I am going to my fathers g/f house at 123 main st and walked away ...

race baiting is horrible and divisive - our president fueled the flames of racism like an azz not like a leader - too bad I cannot stand Mitt and am voting Santorum or Paul - bho will probably get a 2nd term

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

how many people here live in a gated community - ?

if a young man is walking late at night by himself, a member of the private community will more times than not ask, who are you here to visit - everyone knows everyone - it is a private community - if a 6'3 guy is asked where you going and then puts his hood up and walks away - what does that body language say - Fuck you ? and who can defend a thug uniform ? hoodie up, baggie pants and white t-shirt - generic thug wear - now chic in honor of a punk kid who wanted trouble
                        I don't think anyone is defending "thug wear". I'm all for shooting anyone who has the waistline of their pants sagged down below their knees, especially with a belt. Not with a real gun, mind you...But with a pellet gun for sure! Right in the ass! May break the skin, may not. But it damn sure will get their attention!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

As George Zimmerman's supporters work to stem the rising tide of public outrage aimed at the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Florida teenager Trayvon Martin last month, a new picture of the victim—culled from the 17-year-old's Facebook and Twitter accounts and witness testimony—has emerged.

"With a single punch," the Orlando Sentinel, citing police sources, reported Monday, "Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer ... climbed on top of [him] and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times, leaving him bloody and battered."

"That is the account Zimmerman gave police," the paper said, "and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say."

Zimmerman's attorney, Craig Sonner, says that Zimmerman acted in self-defense and is not a racist as some have portrayed him.

"I think we need to let the investigation come forward and let all the facts in this case come out," Sonner said on the "Today" show. "I think it's going to tell a different story than the way it's been related and portrayed in the media."
                          I think much of the problem is the media is unprofessional and is using license to infer a reality that doesn't exist or has not yet been proven. The danger of this is it stirs people up. We are no longer in a world with professional journalists who rigidly follow the Associated Press Handbook and remain neutral and only report the facts. We have propaganda channels and it seems there is an agenda to manipulate the masses through what it portrays. Such a media machine becomes useful when you have certain groups trying to cease power. Interesting we went from over 50 media companies in the early 1980's to only about five now. The big banks own the corporations and the corporations own the media and politicians. So when we see something like this and people react emotionally to it the question we have to ask ourselves is this just for ratings or to fill news time or is there an agenda behind all this? If so who benefits?

We are in a situation where those in power are not that popular with the public. The latest laws passed to intimidate people from protesting shows the fear of the public these people actually have. Their biggest nightmare would be a unified population organized to not only throw these people out of power but throw them in jail or worse. So desperate people in power do whatever they can do to divide the population. They will try and start race wars, class wars, plot the left against the right and so forth. Antagonize the public into fighting each other and if they can do that, we are less of the threat and they might even get more power out of the situation.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Is that what he was doing ??
                            Well, so far that's the consensus. but we don't know for sure. Right now I say Zimmerman should be arrested. but as more story comes out I'm not sure. His 1 huge fault was following after told not to. The shooting may have been justified if this kid was kicking his ass in, but how did it get to that point? He wouldn't have had his ass kicked in if he had followed police instructions.

Stand your ground does not mean chase down & start an incident to give you ground to stand. I'd have kicked his ass too if some weird unknown guy was coming after me while I was walking home. Perhaps Trayvon was standing his ground? What about Trayvons ground?
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              It's pretty funny that we're on a Van Halen board, and people are insinuating that maybe a kid deserved to die because he might have smoked pot and had a problem with some Barney Fife-vigilante asshole following him...

But I guess "Stand Your Ground" only counts if you have a gun....
                              Don't you dare make fun of Barney Fife on this board, dammit!!

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

either way - the world has Iran with the bomb and North Korea is launching a long range missile than can deliver a nuke to your door
                                Who told you that?

Neither of those things is even remotely true.

This harks back to Nitro's post, people are manipulating the news for their own ends and it's dangerous.

Comment

Working...