Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-19-2023 @ 02:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Where are you finding this other song?
    I think it was played during the Stern interview this morning. I don't have SiriusXM so I missed it. Hopefully someone posts the interview today.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    The song really does nothing for me. It's very...MODERN...in that sort of generic way. He's a talented musician. I guess I was just expecting something a bit more...I don't know.

And I defend Wolf a lot. I've thought Michael Anthony is not the world's greatest bass-player and always thought the band actually had a stronger rhythm section with Wolf in the band.

But this song...it's ok. Not my favorite. The video is moving, though.
    Yeah same here.

Its an ok song. Nothing great.

Video was touching though.

I imagine Wolf will be a popular "indie" type of artist. And have a following from hipsters who listen to this music at a Starbucks.

Which isn't a bad thing.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    The song really does nothing for me. It's very...MODERN...in that sort of generic way. He's a talented musician. I guess I was just expecting something a bit more...I don't know.

And I defend Wolf a lot. I've thought Michael Anthony is not the world's greatest bass-player and always thought the band actually had a stronger rhythm section with Wolf in the band.

But this song...it's ok. Not my favorite. The video is moving, though.
    This is the problem. It was never going to be VH. It will be Mammoth WVH, but never Van Halen. It's going to be a tough go for him, living in his Dad's shadow. But he's a musician and he just has to do what he does. Fortunately he doesn't have to worry about paying the bills, so if it isn't commercially successful, he won't starve.

The Stern interview was good. He seems like a very grounded guy. He gets what he's up against. But, at least he is doing his own thing and not trying to be a clone of his Dad, stylistically.

Thank goodness "The Kitchen Sink" tour never happened. I love the fact that Clichegar never had the opportunity to worm his way back in. I love the fact that the last tour/show with Clichegar, was a fucking DISASTER. No matter how much Clichegar would love to change history, he can't. His VH career ended with him nearly getting a guitar broken over his head. A fitting end.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    This is the problem. It was never going to be VH. It will be Mammoth WVH, but never Van Halen. It's going to be a tough go for him, living in his Dad's shadow. But he's a musician and he just has to do what he does. Fortunately he doesn't have to worry about paying the bills, so if it isn't commercially successful, he won't starve.

The Stern interview was good. He seems like a very grounded guy. He gets what he's up against. But, at least he is doing his own thing and not trying to be a clone of his Dad, stylistically.

Thank goodness "The Kitchen Sink" tour never happened. I love the fact that Clichegar never had the opportunity to worm his way back in. I love the fact that the last tour/show with Clichegar, was a fucking DISASTER. No matter how much Clichegar would love to change history, he can't. His VH career ended with him nearly getting a guitar broken over his head. A fitting end.
    I'm sure the Kitchen Sink tour was nothing seriously considered.

Cause what was on the docket was a full on only-CVH tour for 2019. That we know.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    I'm sure the Kitchen Sink tour was nothing seriously considered.

Cause what was on the docket was a full on only-CVH tour for 2019. That we know.
    Well, Wolf said it, and said his Dad was on board with it.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm a Dad, and a son.

Loved it, and love that Wolfie has a way to express how he's feeling right now for his Dad...and to do it in a way that connects to the family business.

There was a day when the narrowness of my thinking would have limited me to...a lot. I'm glad I'm not that dude anymore. It took kids to make me realize that if I didn't broaden my perspective, I wasn't going to be very good at the Dad thing. I somehow was able to see life a bit through their eyes, and I think that...hope that...Ed found that with Wolfie.

Regardless. I like the song for what it is...something from the heart from a son to his Dad. Obviously, Ed loved it...as any Dad worth a pound of salt would...if their kid wrote that for them. Navigating life is hard. I'm glad Wolf will always have the music...and those videos...and obviously a lot of memories. I'm in his corner for whatever ride he goes on...

...unless Sammy joins his band. I can only go so far...

-PO

Oh...good to see you dudes. Hope all is well. You too Vonn, even if you do live in the wrong state.

7. 7 users say thank you to POJO_Risin for this KICKASS post:

FORD (11-17-2020),Hardrock69 (11-16-2020),High Life Man (11-16-2020),Nickdfresh (11-16-2020),twonabomber (11-17-2020),Von Halen (11-16-2020),ZahZoo (11-17-2020)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    In other words it was a sentimental video, very sad to watch.... but it sounds like daughtry?

I think the video was a great tribute. I’ll just leave it at that.
    Exactly, Daughtry, my thought too. He seems down to earth and a well balanced human being. Nice video

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, Wolf said it, and said his Dad was on board with it.
    Yeah well, I doubt Azoff would've been on board. The logistics would've been a nightmare. Like Sam-Dave tour type of disaster.

Flip a coin who closes or opens? Van Hagar or CVH? Everyone on stage would look silly.
    Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 11-16-2020 at 12:57 PM.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    I'm a Dad, and a son.

Loved it, and love that Wolfie has a way to express how he's feeling right now for his Dad...and to do it in a way that connects to the family business.

There was a day when the narrowness of my thinking would have limited me to...a lot. I'm glad I'm not that dude anymore. It took kids to make me realize that if I didn't broaden my perspective, I wasn't going to be very good at the Dad thing. I somehow was able to see life a bit through their eyes, and I think that...hope that...Ed found that with Wolfie.

Regardless. I like the song for what it is...something from the heart from a son to his Dad. Obviously, Ed loved it...as any Dad worth a pound of salt would...if their kid wrote that for them. Navigating life is hard. I'm glad Wolf will always have the music...and those videos...and obviously a lot of memories. I'm in his corner for whatever ride he goes on...

...unless Sammy joins his band. I can only go so far...

-PO

Oh...good to see you dudes. Hope all is well. You too Vonn, even if you do live in the wrong state.
    POJ' my brother.

Good to see ya.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Yeah well, I doubt Azoff would've been on board. The logistics would've been a nightmare. Like Sam-Dave tour type of disaster.

Flip a coin who closes or opens? Van Hagar or CVH? Everyone on stage would look silly.
    Hear it from Wolfgang...

12. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Figs (11-17-2020)

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hear it from Wolfgang...

Yes, just saw that.

But I doubt a kitchen sink tour was going to work. It may have been discussed as it was and even presented to Azoff.

Which is why it was going to be a CVH tour - as Azoff confirmed and seems like Wolf here confirms as well cause the only member who was said to have been approached was Mike.

Late 2018, we read the interviews where Dave was teasing a stadium tour.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

I despise Howard Stern on a good day but this is the worst interview ever. Howard just grunting most of the way through. "Really? Hum. Yeah"

AUDIO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CujzlgHkh0

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Yes, just saw that.

But I doubt a kitchen sink tour was going to work. It may have been discussed as it was and even presented to Azoff.

Which is why it was going to be a CVH tour - as Azoff confirmed and seems like Wolf here confirms as well cause the only member who was said to have been approached was Mike.

Late 2018, we read the interviews where Dave was teasing a stadium tour.
    Which is...a nice thought...a 2019 CVH tour, that is.

Honestly, by the time late 2018/early 2019 rolled around, the idea of a CVH tour had lost whatever residual interest still remained from the summer of 1996. Mostly because Dave just couldn't sing the tunes worth a damn live by the time 2012 rolled around. A CVH tour in 1997 or even as late as 2007 would have been worth attending, because everybody in the group was more or less up for it (a little less in Ed's case circa 2008).

As little interest as I would have had in seeing CVH in 2019, I would have had zero interest in a kitchen sink scenario. Even if said scenario was the cost of getting Anthony onstage with Roth and the Van Halens again. While I don't hate Sam Hagar or Van Hagar with the intensity of some, those two versions of the group just aren't compatible to me. And the idea of seeing Hagar onstage with Roth and Van Halen in some sort of kitchen sink medley - which is doubtless a scenario that would have come to pass had such a kitchen sink tour taken place - no fucking thanks to that one. It's all academic, anyway, since I tend to doubt Roth would have even agreed to a kitchen sink tour, anyway: by 2019, Roth didn't need the money.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Which is...a nice thought...a 2019 CVH tour, that is.

Honestly, by the time late 2018/early 2019 rolled around, the idea of a CVH tour had lost whatever residual interest still remained from the summer of 1996. Mostly because Dave just couldn't sing the tunes worth a damn live by the time 2012 rolled around. A CVH tour in 1997 or even as late as 2007 would have been worth attending, because everybody in the group was more or less up for it (a little less in Ed's case circa 2008).

As little interest as I would have had in seeing CVH in 2019, I would have had zero interest in a kitchen sink scenario. Even if said scenario was the cost of getting Anthony onstage with Roth and the Van Halens again. While I don't hate Sam Hagar or Van Hagar with the intensity of some, those two versions of the group just aren't compatible to me. And the idea of seeing Hagar onstage with Roth and Van Halen in some sort of kitchen sink medley - which is doubtless a scenario that would have come to pass had such a kitchen sink tour taken place - no fucking thanks to that one. It's all academic, anyway, since I tend to doubt Roth would have even agreed to a kitchen sink tour, anyway: by 2019, Roth didn't need the money.
    Roth's vocals were much better on his dates with KISS earlier this year.

So he knew he was struggling and obviously was working on it. I have no doubts he would've done the same for a full CVH tour.

Also, having Mike back would've helped Dave as well.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Me either.

But I like this tune. The guitar "solo" definitely has an EVH vibe.

I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.
    For some reason, I thought Wolfgang's solo stuff would be this slightly retro nu metal circa early 2000s - which I don't care for - so the style of that Distance tune was a surprise.

And I like it. Not over the moon about it, but I like it. It smacks of Wolfgang wanting to do the music he wants to do, and not trying to slavishly imitate Van Halen. There's a level of competence and ability in the performance, lyrics and vocals. I'm not gonna say the tune was something that is leaps and bounds beyond what other contemporary rock artists are doing these days in the way that CVH stood out head and shoulders above their contemporaries, because it isn't.

But it didn't suck.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Roth's vocals were much better on his dates with KISS earlier this year.

So he knew he was struggling and obviously was working on it. I have no doubts he would've done the same for a full CVH tour.
    One would like to think that would have been the case.

Roth certainly upped his game several notches for the 2007 tour compared to what he had been doing solo as a live act in the couple of years prior to that.

But...Dave had been struggling live with Van Halen on both the 2012 and 2015 tours: hard for me to imagine four years down the road from the last Van Halen tour would have resulted in that situation getting any better.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Full audio of the Wolfgang interview...

Last edited by ZahZoo; 11-17-2020 at 10:17 AM.

20. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Figs (11-17-2020)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm not sure Wolfgang realizes how old the majority of the Van Halen fanbase is. If he is going to wait potentially years to even start going through the vault, he's taking a chance on missing out on capitalizing on the stuff. VH fan ain't getting any younger! I'm much more interested in a DVD of an old live show, than I am all that vault material. I've said for years, I'd like to just sit on my couch and watch a clean version of one of those shows, with killer sound. My life would then be complete.

22. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Terry (11-17-2020)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    I wonder if Stern will play the clip of Stuttering John asking EVH if he was going to name his next kid "Dogface"
    Wrong! He asked if Eddie "named his son Wolfgang, will he name his next daughter Coyote?"

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure Wolfgang realizes how old the majority of the Van Halen fanbase is. If he is going to wait potentially years to even start going through the vault, he's taking a chance on missing out on capitalizing on the stuff. VH fan ain't getting any younger! I'm much more interested in a DVD of an old live show, than I am all that vault material. I've said for years, I'd like to just sit on my couch and watch a clean version of one of those shows, with killer sound. My life would then be complete.
    One thing that favors us... elders™... Warner Brothers Inc knows now is the time to tap into the fan base interest. Whatever they may be sitting on in their vaults that they retained ownership of the masters may/should contain some of the live show materials from the CVH era.

No idea what contractual hurdles exist but I'm sure they could put release packages together quick and of good quality with little effort.

I hope Alex and Wolfgang don't stand in the way of something new getting out...

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

It is tough to listen to for me.

Great song, but it re-opens my own personal loss.

Listening to the interview with Stern.

He turned out to be a good, level-headed young man. I am VERY impressed with how he turned out.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hey Pojo! Good to see you again, sir!
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 11-16-2020 at 10:54 PM.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Number one with a bullet on iTunes.

Hope it does the same on all charts.
    Wolf No. 1.JPG

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    03-28-2022 @ 12:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

My cousin has been making this kind of music for the last 25 years.

Along with a dozen other artists/bands. Not saying it is not good, but it has been done alot.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Wrong! He asked if Eddie "named his son Wolfgang, will he name his next daughter Coyote?"
    I couldn't remember and didn't find the exact quote when I googled it

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Kid's got a good voice and a name that opens doors. But then, so does Joe Sumner and tell me the last time you've heard anything from Sting's kid.

It's a good song. I have no idea how the song fits in a modern rock radio format. I don't listen to anything new. Fortunately I don't have to listen to Lithium or Liquid Metal any more, and that's probably as new as I've gone in years.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 11-17-2020 at 06:59 AM.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ZahZoo and I ain't getting any younger!
    I fixed that for you!

33. 3 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (11-17-2020),Von Halen (11-17-2020),ZahZoo (11-17-2020)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    And there are several full length (or nearly full length) shows that spring to mind.

The 1982 Largo show was one I had gotten in a trade in the early 2000s. A few years later, I was doing another trade and the person I was trading with slipped me a copy of the Largo show that had been appreciably cleaned up in terms of the video, and this restoration had been done by an amateur boot trader just using video hardware on their own, done out of their home.

There is...what...Caracas in 1983, as well as Brazil 1983. Those were both pro shot on video tape. The US Festival, of course.

35. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (11-17-2020)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And there are several full length (or nearly full length) shows that spring to mind.

The 1982 Largo show was one I had gotten in a trade in the early 2000s. A few years later, I was doing another trade and the person I was trading with slipped me a copy of the Largo show that had been appreciably cleaned up in terms of the video, and this restoration had been done by an amateur boot trader just using video hardware on their own, done out of their home.

There is...what...Caracas in 1983, as well as Brazil 1983. Those were both pro shot on video tape. The US Festival, of course.
    Exactly! What I wouldn't give for an official release of any of those shows!

37. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Terry (11-17-2020)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Nothing new shared... but Wolfgang appears on the Today show on NBC this morning.

https://www.today.com/video/eddie-va...vestuesday-nnd

He's also scheduled to be on with that jackass Eddie Trunk tomorrow...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nothing new shared... but Wolfgang appears on the Today show on NBC this morning.

https://www.today.com/video/eddie-va...vestuesday-nnd

He's also scheduled to be on with that jackass Eddie Trunk tomorrow...
    Trunk will suck his cock for Hagar info!

40. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (11-17-2020)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You're To Blame song from the Stern interview... My ears say... kick ass tune!

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Trunk will suck his cock for Hagar info!
    Ha for sure.

Both Stern and Trunk are Hagar lovin idiots.

43. Thanked Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

Figs (11-17-2020)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

You're To Blame song from the Stern interview... My ears say... kick ass tune!

Good song. Should get airplay on the "modern rock" radio stations when it's officially released.

Hearing a little Rage Against the Machine in there, and a little Soundgarden. And the vocals sound a little like the band "Tool". So in other words, a 90s kinda vibe to it.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 10:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Well, I gotta tell you, at least for the first Roth reunion tour in 2007-2008, the show I saw sure sounded like backing vocals were being piped in at times. As to if they were backing vocals taken directly from the CVH albums or backing vocals Roth and Wolfgang pre-recorded and had piped in to augment the live performance, I can't say. But there were points where the choruses came up and Eddie wasn't at his mic with only Roth and Wolfgang singing and the overall vocal sound was way too full for it to have just been Roth and Wolfgang singing live, even with liberal amounts of reverb/delay.

So ADKOT did do over a million worldwide...was that a combo of printed/pressed tangible units along with streaming purchases?
    It was all pure sales. I don't think streams were even counted at the time.
    Billboard later changed their policy, because a lot of the new "superstars" sell beans in physical units.

I was all over the sales figures at the time and as I recall it was still selling about a thousand a week worldwide before it became impossible to get any more figures.
    In the States it was over 420,000. So it sold more in the rest of the world.

They also came very close to a gold record in Japan,(82,000 in sales. About 18,000 short) which is very difficult to do for a foreign act.
    Yes, the much maligned Tattoo was actually a hit over there.

46. Thanked nick500 for this KICKASS post:

Terry (11-17-2020)

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 10:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Good song. Should get airplay on the "modern rock" radio stations when it's officially released.

Hearing a little Rage Against the Machine in there, and a little Soundgarden. And the vocals sound a little like the band "Tool". So in other words, a 90s kinda vibe to it.
    Reminds me a lot of Soundgarden and My Wave. Not as good a singer as Chris Cornell, but Wolfgang is doing a decent job.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, I gotta tell you, at least for the first Roth reunion tour in 2007-2008, the show I saw sure sounded like backing vocals were being piped in at times. As to if they were backing vocals taken directly from the CVH albums or backing vocals Roth and Wolfgang pre-recorded and had piped in to augment the live performance, I can't say. But there were points where the choruses came up and Eddie wasn't at his mic with only Roth and Wolfgang singing and the overall vocal sound was way too full for it to have just been Roth and Wolfgang singing live, even with liberal amounts of reverb/delay.
    They absolutely used backing tracks during that tour. They did gradually tone it down as the tour went on. I was lucky enough to sit in on the soundcheck at the 2007 show at the Palace Of Auburn Hills. Wolfgang did the lead singing for the whole soundcheck. It was a closed soundcheck and very closely guarded. No arena staff were even allowed in. I had been briefed on how to act so I didn't get kicked out. I was standing on the floor not far from the stage talking to Doug (the sound guy) and the guy that invented the in ear monitors, and Ed comes out to talk to them. We're standing there and Ed looks at me and goes "Who's he?" Doug goes "He's good, he's with me". I was so fucking star struck to be standing that close to Ed. Anyway, I went and sat a couple rows from the stage and watched the soundcheck.

At this show I gave my pass to some guy from Tennessee or somewhere, that used to post here I believe. I was done with it and didn't care to go backstage after the show because quite frankly, it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Anyway, he takes my pass and goes backstage and runs into Dave! Ha ha! I saw the dude after the show and he was on cloud 9!

49. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Terry (11-17-2020)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2020 @ 02:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    The snipits I've heard from his album sound pretty damn good. I wish him all the best.
    He's the only Van Halen capable of carrying on the family legacy. Don't look to
    Al's kids. They're busy shooting hoops and playing Pokemon Go..
    Agreed. Wolf's new music sounds pretty good. Kind of Daughtry-like, IMO but I was surprised at how good his voice sounded vs. what I was expecting.

Wolf made it clear in his Stern interview that there will be no "legacy" as we're thinking of it. His quote was "...there IS no Van Halen without EVH. Some things in life suck. This is one of them. There is no VH."

He did mention in passing that maybe "down the road" there could be a tribute show with him and some of the other band members, but nowhere in the immediate future.

He said the same thing about the vault - they have plans to go through it, but not in the immediate future.

His message was pretty clear to me - enjoy the memories, appreciate the legacy, but it's time to move on. Maybe not what we wanted to hear, and maybe he's still feeling all the emotion and his opinion will change, but at least he addressed it.

One thing Wolf mentioned in the Stern interview was that things started going downhill for Ed in 2017, to the point where they made the decision to scrap the proposed tour, etc. Probably led to Wolf's decision to hold on his album release too - based on how he presented it, he wrote and recorded the "Distance" song knowing how things were going to end.

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-06-2021 @ 02:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Seems like a good guy, well grounded, definitely has talent. "Kitchen sink tour" would suck in my opinion. I'd rather just see the original lineup....

Thread Information