X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

apparently i had a fixation with sliiiiide geeeetar. and ash sings!!!.http://www.supload.com/listen?s=OKby8i
    Last edited by ashstralia; 04-25-2011, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

I wrote a song once called "SOMF". I actually played it live in a band I was in back in 1985. Got all kinds of requests for it.

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

...So one of the guys from the guitar blogs I frequent suggested deleting all unused regions in the PT song files I'm having issues with, saying that will free up some CPU space, since it won't be scrolling past the 29 alternate-takes I did before I got to 30 and liked it...lol. We'll see if that works this weekend. I'm dying to re-track the slide part for the song with the goofy title "DrunkNHorny" since I can play the part about 100x better than the 1st-take attempt that's posted currently, but it's one of the ones that crashes Pro Tools...odd in that it has far less tracks and layers than some of the tunes I CAN still work with...but hey, nothing to lose by trying it on a tune and seeing if it works...as long as I don't delete a track that's still in use in the current version(s)...
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
          I knew a guy 20+ years ago who recorded his demos direct to tape from his Boogie combo. He would unplug the speaker and in it's place he'd plug in a "dummy load' capacitor wired to his jack to protect his output transformer.
          Guess you could try that or grab yourself a Hot Plate... (Smaller and cheaper than an iso box.

Do you modify your plug in's?
          I like to dump my load into another type of box. Not only do I record it, I film it.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Hardy har.
            On the subject of DJ's post regarding THDs, back in '06 when I was asked to do a few more show teching for QR, they played "Waterstock" and Cinderella was also on the bill. Tom Kieffer had IIRC 4 vintage Plexis on stage, each running off a Hotplate (different impedance versions on different heads too, didn't really have a chance to ask his tech what exactly was the reason, likely mixing & matching speaker types/cabs?) so he could CRANK them. I'm not a huge Cinderella fan by any stretch of the imagination, but for a Les Paul pretty much straight into a Marshall, his sound was pretty killer...not like a VH tone, more like AC/DC with bigger balls - so imagining it would be worth it to get one to run the Boogie off when I record. I'd still run a cab in here so I could play with controlled feedback, but bet it'd be waaaaay easier to manage.

Ash, cool slide playing in your last tune post! Don't think I'll ever get up the nerve to sing anything other than backups on any of my tunes, don't think even I want to hear that...LOL! That, much like drums and bass is getting outsourced..

The true resident RA slide-monster (IMO, so far as I've heard) is DJ, though... thinkin' HE needs to post some of his rippin' slide work. (hint, cough, hint)
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Reaper has a feature (hey a poem!) where you can duplicate a track and print all the FX plugins on that track and will then mute the original, taking the load of the original track off the CPU.

Another thing you can do (if you can do it in PT) is to apply FX only to the items on the track, not the track itself. That way, the FX plugin is only applied to the one object in the track, not the entire track.

Note the screen cap below....where to the left of "Guitar Solo-stem" it says "FX". Just click that, and you can apply your FX plugins just to that segment. Notice I have deleted a lot of space on that track. It is true it will lighten the load off the CPU if you delete unused space on each track.

With my current machine (Quad-core AMD and 4 gigs of ram on Win XP) I can run about 15 tracks with about 3 plugins on each one before my CPU begins to struggle. When that happens, I start to get pops and clicks during playback, so that is when I go ahead and print my tracks to duplicates with the FX applied while muting the originals.
              Last edited by Hardrock69; 04-28-2011, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Dupe post

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                  Don't think I'll ever get up the nerve to sing anything other than backups on any of my tunes, don't think even I want to hear that...LOL!
                  I hear ya there bro. I do harmony vocals in my band as well as our 2nd guitarist. When I'm blending my harmony vox (solo'd) I cringe when I hear my voice. I have good pitch, but I still can't get into hearing myself on my own. It really helps when I multitrack (stack) my vocal tracks ( 3 tracks minimum), it really fills it out. And with the natural chorusing of blending the multi takes, it really helps when blending behind the main (lead) vocal. (See trk 6 on my disc)
                  I may not have a voice strong enough for lead, but I have a good knack for finding interesting harmony lines that aren't typically based on Major/minor 3rd's or singing in straight 5th's.
                  Kind of the David Crosby approach.
                  What I lack in lead vocal strength, I try and make up for it in the creative department...

Originally posted by jhale667
                  The true resident RA slide-monster (IMO, so far as I've heard) is DJ, though... thinkin' HE needs to post some of his rippin' slide work. (hint, cough, hint)
                  I'm humbled bro, thanks for the props.
                  You just reminded my of the fact that I haven't tracked any real slide work on our new album... (yet). I still have to track 2 more solo's. I might have to rethink one of them...
                  I have however used the National Lap on a tune or two. I put that thing through my rig for tracking and it simply roars!

And I can't wait to share some of the new stuff after it's completed and mastered. It trumps the first one by a mile, imo..
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    With my current machine (Quad-core AMD and 4 gigs of ram on Win XP) I can run about 15 tracks with about 3 plugins on each one before my CPU begins to struggle. When that happens, I start to get pops and clicks during playback, so that is when I go ahead and print my tracks to duplicates with the FX applied while muting the originals.
                    I tend to group tracks that share parameters and vst's to a buss line to a master fader that contains the necessary plugings. I disable the individual plug ins for each track ( or at least down to a bare minimum, some. I basically tweak the individual tracks eq to bring up basic details of the tone. But usually very little, I don't want to stack too many frequencies. I save the bulk of the tone/detail shaping for the master group track.) This frees up loads of cpu.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

All great tips, guys - thanks. I think I'm getting to the point where I need to bounce some of my doubled 3-cab/track rhythms down to stereo tracks, that'd probably free up a bunch of CPU space too...I mean, one stereo track should take up less space than 6 mono ones, right?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

I would think so.

Comment

• jackassrock
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Sep 2004

This one's a song about skinny jeans form our first record
                          Screamin' Inseams

Second record... a little more singy. Complete with stolen EVH lick in the solo.
                          Kick It Around

Now for the upcoming release, A Touch Of Ass. The bass player sings this one (we do about 50/50 on vocals). Oh, this ain't mastered yet.
                          Romeo

Here's the old stuff;
                          From '97 a band called "The Patsy Cline"
                          Quote Of The Day
                          This was recorded with a Washburn LP copy and a Marshall Mosfet. I think the guitar tones are pretty damned good for what I was using.

Live with the Murder Junkies in '06
                          It's a shame that families should be torn apart by something as simple as....wild dogs

Comment

• ashstralia
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Feb 2004

very cool mate. loving 'kick it around'.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah like that one too.

Is the name Jackass not a problem with the TV show/movie?

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by jackassrock
                                This one's a song about skinny jeans form our first record
                                Screamin' Inseams

Second record... a little more singy. Complete with stolen EVH lick in the solo.
                                Kick It Around

Now for the upcoming release, A Touch Of Ass. The bass player sings this one (we do about 50/50 on vocals). Oh, this ain't mastered yet.
                                Romeo

Here's the old stuff;
                                From '97 a band called "The Patsy Cline"
                                Quote Of The Day
                                This was recorded with a Washburn LP copy and a Marshall Mosfet. I think the guitar tones are pretty damned good for what I was using.

Live with the Murder Junkies in '06
                                So I guess you knew Gigi Allin... Isn't Hank III a friend/fan of M.D.?
                                Cool tune, btw...

Comment

Working...