Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Rick Perry Thread

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You can't expect the kind of person that diddles Mouseketeers at Bohemian Grove to suddenly wake up, grow a conscience and sense of compassion, and do the right thing for anybody. Allegedly...(I see the lawyer in the room, thanks) Allegedly.

It's like getting mad at animals for hunting, when that's biologically what they do.

None of them have solutions for anyone but themselves

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Rick Perry? LOL. Great, if you loved the Bush regime. Get ready for more, with a side dish of dominionist to boot!
    Twistin' by the pool.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Link

The Texas Unmiracle
    By PAUL KRUGMAN

As expected, Rick Perry, the governor of Texas, has announced that he is running for president. And we already know what his campaign will be about: faith in miracles.

Some of these miracles will involve things that you’re liable to read in the Bible. But if he wins the Republican nomination, his campaign will probably center on a more secular theme: the alleged economic miracle in Texas, which, it’s often asserted, sailed through the Great Recession almost unscathed thanks to conservative economic policies. And Mr. Perry will claim that he can restore prosperity to America by applying the same policies at a national level.

So what you need to know is that the Texas miracle is a myth, and more broadly that Texan experience offers no useful lessons on how to restore national full employment.

It’s true that Texas entered recession a bit later than the rest of America, mainly because the state’s still energy-heavy economy was buoyed by high oil prices through the first half of 2008. Also, Texas was spared the worst of the housing crisis, partly because it turns out to have surprisingly strict regulation of mortgage lending.

Despite all that, however, from mid-2008 onward unemployment soared in Texas, just as it did almost everywhere else.

In June 2011, the Texas unemployment rate was 8.2 percent. That was less than unemployment in collapsed-bubble states like California and Florida, but it was slightly higher than the unemployment rate in New York, and significantly higher than the rate in Massachusetts. By the way, one in four Texans lacks health insurance, the highest proportion in the nation, thanks largely to the state’s small-government approach. Meanwhile, Massachusetts has near-universal coverage thanks to health reform very similar to the “job-killing” Affordable Care Act.

So where does the notion of a Texas miracle come from? Mainly from widespread misunderstanding of the economic effects of population growth.

For this much is true about Texas: It has, for many decades, had much faster population growth than the rest of America — about twice as fast since 1990. Several factors underlie this rapid population growth: a high birth rate, immigration from Mexico, and inward migration of Americans from other states, who are attracted to Texas by its warm weather and low cost of living, low housing costs in particular.

And just to be clear, there’s nothing wrong with a low cost of living. In particular, there’s a good case to be made that zoning policies in many states unnecessarily restrict the supply of housing, and that this is one area where Texas does in fact do something right.

But what does population growth have to do with job growth? Well, the high rate of population growth translates into above-average job growth through a couple of channels. Many of the people moving to Texas — retirees in search of warm winters, middle-class Mexicans in search of a safer life — bring purchasing power that leads to greater local employment. At the same time, the rapid growth in the Texas work force keeps wages low — almost 10 percent of Texan workers earn the minimum wage or less, well above the national average — and these low wages give corporations an incentive to move production to the Lone Star State.

So Texas tends, in good years and bad, to have higher job growth than the rest of America. But it needs lots of new jobs just to keep up with its rising population — and as those unemployment comparisons show, recent employment growth has fallen well short of what’s needed.

If this picture doesn’t look very much like the glowing portrait Texas boosters like to paint, there’s a reason: the glowing portrait is false.

Still, does Texas job growth point the way to faster job growth in the nation as a whole? No.

What Texas shows is that a state offering cheap labor and, less important, weak regulation can attract jobs from other states. I believe that the appropriate response to this insight is “Well, duh.” The point is that arguing from this experience that depressing wages and dismantling regulation in America as a whole would create more jobs — which is, whatever Mr. Perry may say, what Perrynomics amounts to in practice — involves a fallacy of composition: every state can’t lure jobs away from every other state.

In fact, at a national level lower wages would almost certainly lead to fewer jobs — because they would leave working Americans even less able to cope with the overhang of debt left behind by the housing bubble, an overhang that is at the heart of our economic problem.

So when Mr. Perry presents himself as the candidate who knows how to create jobs, don’t believe him. His prescriptions for job creation would work about as well in practice as his prayer-based attempt to end Texas’s crippling drought.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Am I the only one that finds it ironic the Texas drought worsened after (P)Rick Perry started asking people to pray for rain? Tends to suggest if there is a God, he/she ain't a fan of (P)Rick Perry...

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Am I the only one that finds it ironic the Texas drought worsened after (P)Rick Perry started asking people to pray for rain? Tends to suggest if there is a God, he/she ain't a fan of (P)Rick Perry...
    No...that's why I didn't want that fool praying for our country at his big prayer meet in Houston! Judging by the results of his praying for rain in April, I'd say we're headed for a second Great Depression now that he's prayed for our economy.
    Last edited by Little Texan; 08-23-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I found the whole thing rather HELLarious, if I say so myself
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Quote Originally Posted by Sockfucker View Post
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is what is really funny. Can I pick um or what. Someone change my user name to Prognosticator

Note Bachman is near the bottom.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/149180/Pe...20-%20Politics

Perry Zooms to Front of Pack for 2012 GOP Nomination

PRINCETON, NJ -- Shortly after announcing his official candidacy, Texas Gov. Rick Perry has emerged as rank-and-file Republicans' current favorite for their party's 2012 presidential nomination. Twenty-nine percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents nationwide say they are most likely to support Perry, with Mitt Romney next, at 17%.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Congratulations on picking the obvious.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    Congratulations on picking the obvious.
    Bullshit. That's pure talent buddy. Perry, Australia, and just about every seat in Congress.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Bullshit. That's pure talent buddy. Perry, Australia, and just about every seat in Congress, nightfall, ice in winter.
    many others, i'm sure. lotto numbers for tonite?
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    many others, i'm sure. lotto numbers for tonite?
    Sure buddy!

8 23 31 16 42 Power ball 12

I'll shit if any of those hit.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sure buddy!

i'll split it with ya

All One
    Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Rick Perry is trying to look good, with newspaper, with "HDTV" - you know, there is, with truth, no difference with entities called "Republican" or "Democrat" or beings wearing suit and tie, appropriating money of America, the people of the United States of America, for it's war, with itself, "fear" - "Rick" was holding one gun up in air, seen on a "news" program. What is he afraid of, then?

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sure buddy!

9 13 47 49 53 39

Damn it PB you broke my powers!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    it's cause you did the first five out of order and fucked the whole thing up. glad i saved my $1

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OK, this is classic: (P)Rick pontificated that the hurricane is "God's punishment for NY allowing gays to marry"....(?) Gee then, o zealot fucktard brain-trust - WHY DID IT STRIKE NORTH CAROLINA FIRST??? The dude is too stupid to be a garbage collector, much less POTUS.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I guess that bad hurricane in Texas a couple years back must have been "God's wrath" against Prick's own rumored gay affairs then?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OK, this is classic: (P)Rick pontificated that the hurricane is "God's punishment for NY allowing gays to marry"....(?) Gee then, o zealot fucktard brain-trust - WHY DID IT STRIKE NORTH CAROLINA FIRST??? The dude is too stupid to be a garbage collector, much less POTUS.
    So it would finally make sense in his head that the reason all of those hurricanes that have first struck Florida over the years is in fact God's revenge for the state being shaped like a pecker and outwardly exposing itself. Of course, the fly in the Vaseline (so to speak) being that God created the Earth in the first place, which creates a circular argument that must keep nitwits like Perry up all hours of the night, leading to fatigue and yet more muddled thinking.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I even told my dad this, he's a staunch conservative and a supporter of bachmann/perry or anyone but obama

He just facepalmed and said "You're kidding me, right?".

scary times. the 700 club seems to be running the show now along with the koch bros.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    for the state being shaped like a pecker and outwardly exposing itself.
    with an oddly placed hole in the "shaft"
    Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 08-25-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: boobs

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Are you making shit up again jhale?

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    with an oddly placed hole in the "shaft"
    Awkward.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Link

Rick Perry Sought State Profits From Teacher Life Insurance Scheme

WASHINGTON -- Two weeks before Thanksgiving in 2003, top officials from Texas Governor Rick Perry's office pitched an unusual offer to the state's retired teachers: Let's get into the death business.

Perry's budget director, Mike Morrissey, laid out a pitch that was both ambitious and risky, according to notes summarizing the meeting provided to The Huffington Post.

According to the notes, which were authenticated by a meeting participant, the Perry administration wanted to help Wall Street investors gamble on how long retired Texas teachers would live. Perry was promising the state big money in exchange for helping Swiss banking giant UBS set up a business of teacher death speculation.

All they had to do was convince retirees to let UBS buy life insurance policies on them. When the retirees died, those policies would pay out benefits to Wall Street speculators, and the state, supposedly, would get paid for arranging the bets. The families of the deceased former teachers would get nothing.

The meeting notes offer the most direct evidence that the Perry administration was not only intimately involved with the insurance scheme, but a leading driver of the plan.

It was a back-room deal at odds with Perry's public persona as a career politician who had successfully sold Texans on his vision of minimal government intrusion. And it still is. Nearly eight years after the meeting, when Perry formally announced his run for the presidency in Charleston, S.C., he honed that vision into the perfect applause line: "I'll promise you this," he had said in his West Texas drawl. "I'll work every day to try to make Washington, D.C. as inconsequential in your life as I can."

Death in Texas, on the other hand, is another matter. That first meeting with teacher groups and retirement plan officials in November 2003, recalled one attendee, was an effort by Perry's office to solicit support for the life insurance idea from teacher associations. There was little question who was promoting the plan.

"His office was pushing it," the source said. "It was like, 'We've got to do whatever we can. ... Here's an innovative idea. We really want you on board.'"

The governor's office was even prepared to put down a little cash up front. If retirees balked at the notion of the state profiting from their deaths, Perry's budget men suggested they could be persuaded for the cost of a pair of shoes, according to the meeting notes. If a retiree signed a contract allowing the state's teacher pension fund to buy life insurance on them, the governor was prepared to give them between $50 and $100.

"Precious little for what they were giving up," said the meeting attendee.

The notes make clear that the governor's proposal deliberately targeted the elderly. The state was only seeking to take out life insurance on people between the ages of 75 and 90. At a separate meeting five days later, the plan's proponents discussed the "mental capacity" of these retirees to grant consent as one of three major technical obstacles to the plan, according to notes from that meeting.

At the first meeting, Morrissey said it could take 10 to 12 years for Texas to "earn" money from the scheme, but insisted the deal could be worth up to $700 million for the state if the retirement fund could sign up 40,000 retired teachers.

The meeting notes show Insurance Commissioner Jose Montemayor, a Perry appointee, joined Morrissey in the sales pitch, claiming that "this arrangement" was already being utilized by "some very rich people" who had set up similar plans to benefit the University of Texas and Texas A&M.

"It was a pretty hard sell: 'This is something you need to get on board with,'" the source said, paraphrasing officials' comments at the meeting.

The source says the claim involving a similar program benefiting the Texas universities turned out to be untrue -- the "rich people" had taken out the policies themselves with the intent of sharing any life insurance payments with the universities. Montemayor, as insurance commissioner, would have had to waive "insurable interest" regulations to allow the schools to buy life insurance on their professors. There is no public record that he did so. The University of Texas and Texas A&M did not return requests for comment.

The aggressive push from the Perry administration differs remarkably from its later public characterization of its involvement in the deal. When the proposal leaked to the press that winter, the governor's spokespeople attempted to tamp down any notion that Perry was the engine behind the plan -- and said if there ever was a plan, it was nowhere near final.

That December, spokesman Gene Acuna told the Dallas Morning News that the plan was merely "a concept." "Questions are being answered, questions are being raised," he said. "Depending on the answers to those questions, plus input from all affected parties ... that will determine the next step."

In a January story in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, another Perry spokesman attempted to create more distance between the governor and the plan. "We never endorsed any concept," said Robert Black. "The governor's opinion is that it's prudent to look at ideas and concepts ... particularly when it won't result in a loss of benefits or raising taxes to shore up the retirement system."

Messages left for Perry spokespeople requesting comment for this story were not returned. But the behind-the scenes meeting notes reveal Perry's office had not only endorsed the concept, but had already formulated a plan to implement it. That first meeting on Nov. 12 was run by Perry's staff. The man who would become the fall guy for the controversy -- former senator-turned-financier Phil Gramm -- was not even present.

THE GRAMM BARGAIN

Gramm had made six-figure campaign contributions to Perry's campaign and had been -- and may still be -- one of Perry's most trusted political allies and personal mentors. "Perry worships at [Gramm's] feet, intellectually," said one semi-retired political consultant in Austin. "He considers Gramm an economic genius."

After lending political aid to Perry, Gramm was poised to make a fortune from the life insurance deal. His role in the scheme had the appearance of banal corruption and cronyism. Although Gramm wasn't in on the first meeting with teacher groups, he played an active role in subsequent efforts to push the scheme.

It was Gramm who could make the plan a financial reality. He left the U.S. Senate in November 2002 for a lucrative vice president post at UBS. After Morrissey, Montemayor and Perry budget aide Brian Guthrie first articulated the plan on Nov. 12, Gramm came to Austin to help push the deal. That move eventually prompted Texas Democrats to file an ethics complaint against Gramm for making a the pitch without registering as a lobbyist.

Gramm was hoping to put together a new package of complex assets for speculators to gamble on. Corporations had been using mass purchases of life insurance policies on their employees for years as part of an elaborate tax avoidance scheme (the government doesn't tax insurance premiums or death benefits). The employees themselves -- affectionately referred to as "dead peasants" among insurance experts -- received no benefit. Only the companies who bought the policies would receive payouts when these "peasants" died. Gramm wanted to convince investors to bet on peoples' lives by purchasing pools of life insurance and annuities taken out on individuals.

Gramm and UBS had concocted a gruesome combination of what are now regarded as two of the most infamous Wall Street scams on record. The resulting package closely resembled the growing market for mortgage-backed securities, but instead of allowing Wall Street to bet on peoples' homes, it would enable bets on peoples' lives.

State laws generally frowned on big Wall Street investment banks taking out life insurance on random individuals. To buy life insurance on another person, the insuree's written consent was necessary, as was the cooperation of a state insurance regulator willing to work around requirements that the owner of an insurance policy have an "insurable interest" in whatever -- or whomever -- was being insured.

Enter the Texas Teachers Retirement System (TRS), the state-operated pension fund with a tremendous database full of soon-to-be-deceased retirees who could sign off on policies for the UBS scheme. At the meeting with Gramm, then-State Insurance Commissioner Jose Montemayor was happy to bend the law. He agreed to grant a special waiver on insurance regulations that would allow the deal to go through, according to meeting notes.

"There was some worry about the legality," recalled the attendee. "[Montemayor] said 'Don't worry about it.' He could take those questions off the table as the insurance commissioner."

"I don't remember any of the details," Montemayor told HuffPost in a recent interview. He is now a principal with the Black Diamond Capital Partners private equity firm.

When asked about the scheme, TRS insisted that it was only tangentially involved in the UBS discussions.

"While TRS attended a few meetings to learn what the proposal was about, the concept was never fully developed and was never taken to the TRS Board for action," TRS spokesman Howard Goldman told HuffPost. The current executive director of TRS is Brian Guthrie -- one of the two Perry budget officials who presented the deal back in 2003.

The plan was to have UBS buy the life insurance policies with mega-insurer AIG, then bundle those policies into securities, and sell them off to a small group of investors. By keeping the investor group small, Gramm could avoid the public and regulatory scrutiny required by standard public securities sales. He wouldn't even have to disclose details of the scheme to the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Texas would get a portion of the fees UBS received from selling the securities. But while Gramm's pitch included far more structural details than Morrissey's previous talk, it came up shorter on one crucial piece of information: how much money the state would actually make.

Morrissey had described a payout of up to $700 million. But Gramm refused to offer even general revenue figures. In one ghoulish section from the meeting notes, Gramm emphasized that the actual payments to the state would depend on who died, and when.

"These amounts depend on interest rates and deaths," the notes read. "They can't price it yet, or estimate the amount of money available annually to TRS until the bank looks at the universe of those participating."

None of the state's money would be at risk in the initial purchase of life insurance plans, but the state's potential liabilities got murkier when those plans were bundled into securities. In order to profit from those security sales, Texas would have had to partner with UBS. And if investors ultimately thought they'd been bilked in the arrangement, Texas could be sued. It was also not clear how the state would form a partnership with UBS, or how much it would cost.

"It was real nebulous," said a person present at the meeting. "It was kind of like, 'Trust us, we're big boys who play in this league and we're going to protect you.'"

Regardless of how any ultimate deal eventually panned out, Gramm and UBS would score big, up-front commissions just for getting the contracts signed. Phone calls and emails to Gramm requesting comment for this article were not returned. UBS likewise did not respond to requests for comment.

MEDIA BACKLASH

The strange thing about all the scheming was that the teacher pension fund didn't actually need any money. At the time, it had a funding ratio of over 94 percent, well above the 80 percent threshold that financial experts consider healthy. Perry's team needed to convince the public the scheme's architects were the white knight riding in to save their retirements; meeting notes show plans to persuade retirees that they would be doing a patriotic deed by allowing investors to gamble on their deaths.

Jeri Stone, the Texas Classroom Teachers Association's executive director and general counsel, told HuffPost that the plan had nothing to do with shoring up any retiree safety net; it was simply an example of Perry's deference to Gramm. Without the former senator's involvement, she said, the plan might not have gotten an audience.

Since the pension fund was healthy, the deal was instead structured to profit TRS-Care, a health care program for retired teachers administered by pension fund officials. TRS-Care had initially been established in 1985 with 10 years of funding, receiving additional funding injections in following years to keep it afloat.

When the deal eventually leaked, teacher groups balked at the entire arrangement.

"It was just pretty morbid and I don't think it convinced anybody it was gonna enrich anybody except Phil Gramm and UBS," Texas State Teachers Association Spokesman Clay Robison told HuffPost. "Our members were pretty much appalled by it."

"No one wants to think there are people out there hoping you'll die soon," Stone explained.

During the November 2003 meeting, Gramm and the Perry administration were well aware of the potential for a media debacle. "The 'liability' is really on the PR side for AIG ... and possibly TRS," the meeting notes read. "They want to avoid a 'Wal-Mart' problem."

Although hundreds of companies used dead peasant insurance policies to dodge taxes, Walmart took a particularly bad PR beating for the practice, in large part because the company was profiting from massive life insurance policies on rank-and-file workers whom it paid low wages. Perry had just signed off on cutting benefits to retired teacher health care plans, and following that up with a plan to gamble on retiree longevity had the potential for political and public relations trouble.

How to deal with the media was also a topic at the Gramm meeting, according to the notes.

"Gramm said that once the program is structured, the leadership and he will hold a press conference and go to editorial boards," the notes state. If anyone asked tough questions, Gramm instructed they would give vague answers. The key: Do not explain what the plan would exactly entail -- just tell the press that Texas was "using insurance products under the supervision of the insurance commission and Montemayor ... to help fund or enhance TRS-Care." If all else failed, officials were to tell the media that "this is a private offering."

Gramm concluded the meeting, the notes show, by saying he wanted "to consummate this deal ASAP."

When the press did find out about the scheme, Perry's team was unable to simultaneously downplay its role in the endeavor and shape the public narrative about the program. Perry did not defend the plan in detail because doing so would have only reinforced the perception that Perry was, in fact, a major advocate of the plan who had been involved since its inception.

Democrats in the state legislature hammered Perry, decrying his relationship with Gramm as corrupt while highlighting the recent cuts to retiree benefits. Charles Soechting, the chair of the Texas Democratic Party at the time, led the charge.

"It was just real clear that it was a deal worked out between Perry's people and Phil Gramm's to help UBS make a lot of money," he told HuffPost. "It was just a scam."

The deal collapsed. But ultimately, none of its top architects paid a serious political price for the debacle. Perry did not abandon his close relationship with Gramm. A few years later, Perry's 23-year-old son went to work for UBS, and Gramm began urging Perry to let UBS privatize the Texas state lottery. Perry named Guthrie executive director of the teacher pension fund. Morrissey is now a senior adviser to Perry. And Perry himself, of course, is now a top contender for the Republican presidential nomination.

How "Christian" of him.
    Last edited by Little Texan; 08-25-2011 at 11:38 PM.

All One
    Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    'Meister, I asked you a question. Perry has money, his big house, his "plan" - does he receive such with honesty? "Perry" seems like a kind-of "docile" being, like GWB, who is "used" as a "tool" for public image "persuasion" - George, he communicated he was a "media creation." That is "U.S." media, none other. Other "tool" beings, those "controlled" by "U.S." groups with money "appropriated" from America, the people, and "war profit," are:

Obama. George Herbert. "U.S." groups "controlling" them "use" what it calls "scapegoats" to keep public attention from what is occurring with such "presiders" covering for them, "U.S. government" and "U.S. military." Most recent, "Bernanke" and "Chertoff" and "Madeoff" and "Spitzer" and "Weiner" have been named. What is that? Your parade of naming?

New to such activity, we have "Barack" who communicated that he was "subversed" and "Nazi" - Reverse Speech - and we have GW who communicated "dictator" with "Homeland" - Deutschland. Busch. Those beings have fucked-up view of our world. "Greed" and lots of money may cause that to happen.

Enjoying those "hurricane" occurrences, then? Those "hurricanes" are PULSE-WEATHER, "weather" that is "manipulated" with "U.S." beam technology, data that may be read from "U.S. military" posts, one other "money-making" thing, "scheme(s)" that have "terrorized" this land, lives, people affected with such "U.S." force.

You have "Little Texan," then, posting what appears as another "spin" piece. First, such writer goes with mentioning "Rick Perry," and then "Gramm" - "tool" and "scapegoat" expression. You write with going from "leading driver of the plan," Perry, to "Perry did not defend the plan in detail," and within we read other "scapegoat" expression, "Perry's team" - drawing appreciation, then "sly" movement "shifting" attention? You "hide" and do not take responsibilty.
    Last edited by Tob; 08-26-2011 at 04:18 AM.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    hehe... "this" is going to be "fun"

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Out of the current bunch, I think Rick Perry will get my vote. Although I must admit I am not overly impressed with any of my candidates. No one is sparking that fire under my ass to get excited.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "Pedobear"? Or "Sideshow Bob"??

no, I'm not talking about Perry (he's Chimpy 2.0 )
    Last edited by FORD; 08-26-2011 at 05:35 AM.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tob View Post
    'Meister, I asked you a question. Perry has money, his big house, his "plan" - does he receive such with honesty? "Perry" seems like a kind-of "docile" being, like GWB, who is "used" as a "tool" for public image "persuasion" - George, he communicated he was a "media creation." That is "U.S." media, none other. Other "tool" beings, those "controlled" by "U.S." groups with money "appropriated" from America, the people, and "war profit," are:

Obama. George Herbert. "U.S." groups "controlling" them "use" what it calls "scapegoats" to keep public attention from what is occurring with such "presiders" covering for them, "U.S. government" and "U.S. military." Most recent, "Bernanke" and "Chertoff" and "Madeoff" and "Spitzer" and "Weiner" have been named. What is that? Your parade of naming?

New to such activity, we have "Barack" who communicated that he was "subversed" and "Nazi" - Reverse Speech - and we have GW who communicated "dictator" with "Homeland" - Deutschland. Busch. Those beings have fucked-up view of our world. "Greed" and lots of money may cause that to happen.

Enjoying those "hurricane" occurrences, then? Those "hurricanes" are PULSE-WEATHER, "weather" that is "manipulated" with "U.S." beam technology, data that may be read from "U.S. military" posts, one other "money-making" thing, "scheme(s)" that have "terrorized" this land, lives, people affected with such "U.S." force.

You have "Little Texan," then, posting what appears as another "spin" piece. First, such writer goes with mentioning "Rick Perry," and then "Gramm" - "tool" and "scapegoat" expression. You write with going from "leading driver of the plan," Perry, to "Perry did not defend the plan in detail," and within we read other "scapegoat" expression, "Perry's team" - drawing appreciation, then "sly" movement "shifting" attention? You "hide" and do not take responsibilty.

Do not “agonize”. PULSE-WEATHER ∆ has “previously” been “hewed”.

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "Ha" "Ha" "Ha" "Ha" "Ha" "Ha" "Ha" "Ha" "Ha" "Ha"

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wonder sometimes about the prevalence of paranoid psychosis on these boards, surely there can't be that many people suffering from it in the general population.

My new theory is that it's more common on here because of the long term heavy recreational drug use by the Van Halen demographic. Taking shit for 20-30 years doesn't necessarily mean you will become a crazy deluded person thinking the government is listening to your phone calls to the pizza shop or controlling the weather but it does make it more likely.

I must seek out a Grateful Dead forum and see what they are saying...

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think it has more to do with American History: there is a tradition of suspicion towards the government which you can trace all the way back to the Mayflower.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But the HAARP thing isn't even the government. It's run by a corporation that gets funding from a bunch of universities and the Defence department to do weather research. It's completely open and very small, not secret at all and studies how weather affects communication transmissions. It's implausible it's affecting the weather never mind creating hurricanes because it would need to be 10000 times bigger.

These people are like the folk that used to scream WITCHCRAFT! WITCHCRAFT! at the first horseless carriages.

As I've said before I would mind less if they didn't use their 'magical thinking machine' to post this shit.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow what an idiot I am, I just realised where we got the word 'car' from. It's amazing the things in front of you that you never even think about.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    But the HAARP thing isn't even the government. It's run by a corporation that gets funding from a bunch of universities and the Defence department to do weather research. It's completely open and very small, not secret at all and studies how weather affects communication transmissions. It's implausible it's affecting the weather never mind creating hurricanes because it would need to be 10000 times bigger.

These people are like the folk that used to scream WITCHCRAFT! WITCHCRAFT! at the first horseless carriages.

As I've said before I would mind less if they didn't use their 'magical thinking machine' to post this shit.
    Conspiracy is a very interesting topic.

Some people believe that 'the state' exists to quell liberties; others believe that it is a small group of 'capitalist elites'; or the military; or the medical science industry; or the masons, Jews or Catholics.

I'm not sure what they all have in common aside from trying to assign random or unusual events to some form of malevolence/deviance as a means of exaplining the inexplicable. In a lot of caes it seems to be a way of rationalising one's own powerlessness - that is, 'I am powerless because someone keeps me down'.

Personally, I'd just like to know where these elites meet, and how I can become one

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

"Why" "the" " FUCK" do you do that?

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    I saw this story yesterday. Considering the source I would say it's complete bull shit.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Did Blazed just learn how to use ""
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Did Blazed just learn how to use ""
    "Fuck""if" "I" "know" "."

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tip for Tob or whoever. Most of us here can read just fine it's comprehension some of us have a problem with. i.e jhale. All those quotes are unnecessary.

Welcome aboard mate.

Thread Information