Will The Democrats Extreme Anti Trump Position Come Back And Bite Them On The Ass?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It was a perfect shitstorm...
    That worked out perfectly!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      That worked out perfectly!
      You won't be saying that when World War III breaks out on the 22nd. Supposedly Nostrodamus said it was going to happen...... and fucking Cheeto has already said, he's not even setting foot in the Oval office until Monday morning, so that lazy bastard takes a three day weekend before he even shows up for work. Assuming there's anywhere left to show up to......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And ELVIS's favorite anti-semite self hating rabbi seems to agree....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
          Can't remember where I read it ?? Blurry book am guessing. It had a new take on chamberlain , very interesting. Basically it went for he wasn't histories big dupe and knew the threat but wanted time to rearm before confrontation.
          Interesting take on it.
          Sorry where were we ... oh yeah trumps a stooge
          Okay more seriously, I have heard something to this effect and it is possible, but that's giving a whole lot of foresight to hindsight. Chamberlain may have wanted a top flight RAF with Hurricanes and Spitfires ready, but I don't think he or anyone would have predicted the rapid collapses of both Poland and France so there's a problem with saying that he was proactively stalling. I think the best can be said is that it was a happy accident for Britain rather than a premeditated policy...

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
            You won't be saying that when World War III breaks out on the 22nd. Supposedly Nostrodamus said
            And at that point any sensible person stops reading.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You won't be saying that when World War III breaks out on the 22nd. Supposedly Nostrodamus said
              And at that point any sensible person stops reading.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

"Sensible" went out the window when Cheeto "won" the election.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

"Sensible" went out the window when Cheeto "won" the election.
                  It sure did for liberals. Those videos with college kids crying and yelling "somebody needs to fix this now" takes the sting away from knowing I'll probably be dead before any of these spoiled brats become leaders. I don't think any of them know what the meaning of sensible is.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I don't think any of them know what the meaning of sensible is.
                    Who does
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                      Who does
                      Me.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

That's not what I said nor would I expect either party would support "every single thing" a president who was a member of the other party proposed. What I said was the Democrats in office now will oppose everything Trump proposes just because he's Trump. Working with means working with not kowtowing.

The other problems with your initial post:

Trump isn't exactly nominating Mother Teresa-like candidates for the Cabinet positions. His nominations for Education, Housing & Urban Development and Labor are three people who were all already on public record opposing the various laws they would have to enforce as leaders of those departments, much like Trump's choices for Atty General, head of the EPA and on and on. Should the Democrats in the Senate say or do nothing when such candidates are presented to them in the spirit of working with the new president? Surely you don't mean to infer that the opposition party is duty-bound out of civility to idly sit by when the president says or does things they disagree with. And if it is the case that you weren't making that inference, I'm a bit confused as to what point you actually WERE trying to make.

This was a polarizing election. Trump wasn't some centrist republican candidate. He was unique. He said and tweeted countless statements that virtually everybody in the Democratic party (and many Americans in general - including nearly 3 million more who voted against Trump than voted for him, which starkly offsets the 30 out of 50 states Trump won if a comparison is to be made) found to be unsuitable for a person seeking the presidency. Hence Trump's approval numbers even before entering office being the lowest ever on record (I know, I know, those polls were 'rigged'). Out of that, it is not erroneous to say that Trump, not the Democratic party, is the one who has more work to do in convincing the majority of the American people that he is fit to serve in the office he was elected to. All of that is the direct result of Trump himself. What he said, the campaign he ran, the lack of disclosure about his taxes and business interests, the strong anti-regulatory ideology all of his millionaire/billionaire cabinet share, the massive tax cuts Trump has proposed for the top tier of earners...all of it - and more - tracks back directly to Trump himself. Not Hillary Clinton. Not the 'liberal media' and their 'fake news' nor the political party which opposes not just the man but the policies he proposes.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Terry
                          I'm a bit confused as to what point you actually WERE trying to make.
                          That was obvious the last time you replied. I find it hard to believe considering the thread title is pretty self explanatory. Maybe I should have left it at that.
                          Last edited by cadaverdog; 01-18-2017, 02:10 PM.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

That was obvious the last time you replied. I find it hard to believe considering the thread title is pretty self explanatory. Maybe I should have left it at that.
                            Mmm...yes. I see.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Terry
                              Mmm...yes. I see.
                              C'mon Terry. I know you're not that dense.
                              Let's pretend you supported one of the other Republicans for whatever reason so you vote for him and he wins like Trump did. He wins the electoral college but loses the popular vote. The opposition demands recounts but that doesn't change the results so they say the electoral college system should be changed retroactively. That doesn't work out so they try something else but that fails too. Now they know they're stuck with this person who they despise so they vow to oppose everything he proposes. Traditionally the losing party at least pretends to accept defeat gracefully but not this time. You know your candidate wouldn't have been your first choice if you had more to pick from but you didn't. The people who support the opposition start calling you a racist, a sexist, a homophobe and a deplorable person. At this point here you'd be pretty pissed off at the opposition just like I am. Would you want some type of revenge? Would you want your party to be just as obstructionist as the Dems are being now?
                              Last edited by cadaverdog; 01-19-2017, 02:10 AM.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Uh.... the right wing dickbags declared themselves to be obstructionists literally the night of Obama's inauguration...... Newt Gingrich even openly BRAGS about attending such a meeting...

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...