X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Combat Ready
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by FORD
    I don't want Somalia with white supremacists in charge.
    Dude, really?

Comment

• Combat Ready
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2007

We have seen what 30 years of their definition of "Liberty" and "Freedom" have done to this country.....
      Has RP not opposed what's been going on for the last 30 years? Or longer.......

I know you're true blue in your convictions and I respect that alot.....But geessshhh Ford.....

Comment

• Combat Ready
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by kwame k
        Yes, they do but stop and think about this for a minute..........

What if Paul wins and gets to do everything he's promised?

Think about it......
        I have thought about it. I've been a Libertarian for years K......

And I think he's got zero shot of winning.....

We'll get more of the same, a proven track record of debt and big government. From both sides.....

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

In theory, I enjoy Ron Paul's ideas for taxes, I think that's a decent idea to consider. And again, with what FORD said, the issue on decriminalizing marijuana is something I agree with.

I think there is..some things that gov't should handle though, and it's not all evil. Stuff like the EPA, while it can be corrupt at times and at times harm the way a lot of companies need to do business, is at it's a heart a good thing. A long with other sorts of agencies that protect the enviorment and ensure that the working man is not fucked over.

There's problems within the gov't, yes. But to deal with it the way Paul was planning to do is like treating dandruff with decapitation.
          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Combat Ready
            Has RP not opposed what's been going on for the last 30 years? Or longer.......

I know you're true blue in your convictions and I respect that alot.....But geessshhh Ford.....
            He's opposed the PNAC war agenda, and I've always given him credit for doing so. But the corporatism is as big or even bigger of a threat. And indeed corporatism is half of what drives the PNAC agenda (Likud fanaticism being the other half). And Ron Paul, like all Randtards, believes corporations should be absolutely able to do whatever the fuck they want, with no restraint or consequences.

That's just not logical. We need Roosevelt (both of them) not Rand.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Combat Ready
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2007

He's opposed the PNAC war agenda, and I've always given him credit for doing so. But the corporatism is as big or even bigger of a threat. And indeed corporatism is half of what drives the PNAC agenda (Likud fanaticism being the other half). And Ron Paul, like all Randtards, believes corporations should be absolutely able to do whatever the fuck they want, with no restraint or consequences.

That's just not logical. We need Roosevelt (both of them) not Rand.
              I hear what you're saying and there's some common sense in your point. I don't think we believe in letting corporations do absolutely whatever the fuck they want, with no restraint or consequences. In fact, the corporations have the lawyers and the money, to manipulate the regulations currently in place---where the independent business can't do that. And he's said that many times and it's true.....

There are some that don't look to government to save us and protect us. Is just a different kind of truth that most won't see.....

Comment

• Combat Ready
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Unchainme
                There's problems within the gov't, yes. But to deal with it the way Paul was planning to do is like treating dandruff with decapitation.
                That's a pretty clever response.....Nice!!!

Seriously---Decapitation a bit to far.....Maybe just remove the scalp?

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Grasshopper, you need to copyright that one. It's a perfect analogy.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

I have thought about it. I've been a Libertarian for years K......

And I think he's got zero shot of winning.....

We'll get more of the same, a proven track record of debt and big government. From both sides.....
                    The thing is....this isn't a new event or even unusual in the history of this country.

We've had economic ruin as bad and worse.

We've had more corruption and worse elected officials in Washington.

We've had worse Presidents.

There'll never be another Revolution in this Country. Eventually what will happen is competent and honest people will have had enough of this Bullshit and start running for elected office. In time, things will slowly change. It has in the past and it will in our future.

It's a different World today and with how fast everything is changing.....the loopholes and corruption always precedes the clean up.

Happened after The Revolutionary War.....Washington raised taxes and sent troops to quell the Whiskey Rebellion.

The War`of 1812 burnt the White House and we damn near became an occupied Country again.

The Civil War and the Reconstruction afterwards sent this country into decades of chaos.
                    They way people ripped off fellow Countrymen and the corruption that followed was worse than anything we've seen today.

The list is endless but in every case a true leader stepped up and guided this Country back to greatness.

Recessions are cyclic, we'll come out of this one.....eventually.

Corruption and influence have always been and will always be a part of Washington.

It isn't the system that's killing this country it's apathy......pure and simple. When good men stand by and do nothing, kinda thing!
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

In theory, I enjoy Ron Paul's ideas for taxes, I think that's a decent idea to consider. And again, with what FORD said, the issue on decriminalizing marijuana is something I agree with.

I think there is..some things that gov't should handle though, and it's not all evil. Stuff like the EPA, while it can be corrupt at times and at times harm the way a lot of companies need to do business, is at it's a heart a good thing. A long with other sorts of agencies that protect the enviorment and ensure that the working man is not fucked over.

Nicely put, sir

Nailed it!
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

The economy is one thing. Corruption is another. What people need to wake up to is the Washington establishment on both sides of the isle are systematically taking away our constitutional rights. Guilty until proven innocent is gone. Right to an open trial is gone. The military being barred from being a domestic police force is gone. Unreasonable search and seizure is gone. You can be broke and free. Once the government has no checks on it's power especially with the corrupt nature of it now, you lose everything. We have gone from protecting the speech you don't like and freedom of expression even if it's not popular to taking everything away in the name of safety.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Combat Ready
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          The economy is one thing. Corruption is another. What people need to wake up to is the Washington establishment on both sides of the isle are systematically taking away our constitutional rights. Guilty until proven innocent is gone. Right to an open trial is gone. The military being barred from being a domestic police force is gone. Unreasonable search and seizure is gone. You can be broke and free. Once the government has no checks on it's power especially with the corrupt nature of it now, you lose everything. We have gone from protecting the speech you don't like and freedom of expression even if it's not popular to taking everything away in the name of safety.
                          Yeah, and I think that's right. Is funny though, it's okay when the dems do it, if you support the dems. And okay from right supporters, when the repubs do it. (Take the Patriot act, as an example....)

Is both sides (really the same side) to blame. We need some fundamental change. Doing the same thing for decades now, and it's not working?

Comment

• Combat Ready
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Mar 2007

And Ron Paul does represent fundamental change. Many things we can agree on right here, left wingers, centrists, and libertarians alike....

And some items we don't agree on, and never will.....Maybe we could start with the items we agree on and go from there? I know that sounds "non combative"....sorry to disappoint!

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

And Ron Paul does represent fundamental change. Many things we can agree on right here, left wingers, centrists, and libertarians alike....

And some items we don't agree on, and never will.....Maybe we could start with the items we agree on and go from there? I know that sounds "non combative"....sorry to disappoint!
                              Love to......

OK....we all agree that we need to stop printing money out of thin air and Paul wants to return to a Gold Standard.

Do we have enough Gold in this country to back every single dollar out in circulation?

If we don't....what happens to the trillions of dollars out there that can't be backed?

Discuss!

Comment

• Combat Ready
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by kwame k
                                Love to......

OK....we all agree that we need to stop printing money out of thin air and Paul wants to return to a Gold Standard.

Do we have enough Gold in this country to back every single dollar out in circulation?

If we don't....what happens to the trillions of dollars out there that can't be backed?

Discuss!
                                How about a compromise and audit the Fed for starters? And instead of cutting a trillion from the budget, we meet halfway and cut 500 billion?

Comment

Working...