No announcement yet.

KISS News Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kim Fowley also made contributions to Do You Love Me ?
    I love Gene´s voice in the chorus.

Last edited by katina; 03-20-2013, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Hey DB!

-Paul-paul-stanley-29089129-438-600.jpg
      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
        Hey DB!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9653[/ATTACH]

If only i could give you more than one thanks.That has made my evening
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Sounds like Paul's famously bulletproof voice has finally faded. Just was checking some Australia vids and it's lost the sustain. Maybe bad monitors?

The "reunion" was almost 20 years ago.

The Very Last KISS. Time......???????
          A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksmar View Post
            Sounds like Paul's famously bulletproof voice has finally faded. Just was checking some Australia vids and it's lost the sustain. Maybe bad monitors?

The "reunion" was almost 20 years ago.

The Very Last KISS. Time......???????
            It's nothing new. He still dosen't sound bad to me, but I get it. His voice will never be like the Psycho Circus Tour but he still gets the job done. What I don't like is the fact that he sometimes decides to scream the second verse to I Was Made For Loving You. "TONIGHT!! I WANNA......SEEEEE IT IN YOUR EEYYEYEYYESSS!!" To me, it sounds much better when he sings in his lower to middle register.
            How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Alice Cooper interview Paul Stanley

DB, I think you will like this 2 Parts interview, it´s from Alice´s Radio Show.

I hope the link works. I think it´s a very interesting interview, and Alice a great interviewer and always fun.

Alice begins asking Paul about producers and Bob Ezrin (B.Ezrin brought in K.Fowley and M.Anthony into the recording of Destroyer, he also used their material on Alice´s albums), Alice makes good questions, he is a great interviewer and always fun, he also interviewed Ace some time ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraroc View Post
                It's nothing new. He still dosen't sound bad to me, but I get it. His voice will never be like the Psycho Circus Tour but he still gets the job done. What I don't like is the fact that he sometimes decides to scream the second verse to I Was Made For Loving You. "TONIGHT!! I WANNA......SEEEEE IT IN YOUR EEYYEYEYYESSS!!" To me, it sounds much better when he sings in his lower to middle register.
                I agree. Paul was better than Robert Plant IMHO. I always liked seeing KISS in the 80's. KISS would add Whole Lotta Love or Communication Breakdown just for their own entertainment.

That vocal node surgery can be the end of a lot of guys. Rumor was Steve Perry had the same surgery along with his hip replacement.

Paul has no right ear, both hips replaced, both knees fixed, heart arrhythmia, suffered broken ribs, broken ankle, but gets it done. Not bad for 60 something.
                A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksmar View Post
                  I agree. Paul was better than Robert Plant IMHO. I always liked seeing KISS in the 80's. KISS would add Whole Lotta Love or Communication Breakdown just for their own entertainment.

That vocal node surgery can be the end of a lot of guys. Rumor was Steve Perry had the same surgery along with his hip replacement.

Paul has no right ear, both hips replaced, both knees fixed, heart arrhythmia, suffered broken ribs, broken ankle, but gets it done. Not bad for 60 something.
                  KISS are workaholics. That's driven by Gene and Paul. Paul Stanley is a go getter. Simple as that. I respect that over someone like Axle Rose.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Originally posted by katina View Post
                    Alice Cooper interview Paul Stanley

I hope the link works. I think it´s a very interesting interview, and Alice a great interviewer and always fun.

Alice begins asking Paul about producers and Bob Ezrin (B.Ezrin brought in K.Fowley and M.Anthony into the recording of Destroyer, he also used their material on Alice´s albums), Alice makes good questions, he is a great interviewer and always fun, he also interviewed Ace some time ago.
                    It's cool having a real rock and roller interviewing rock and rollers. Good stuff.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Originally posted by katina View Post
                      Alice Cooper interview Paul Stanley

I don't think i could have enjoyed that interview more.Everyone knows my undying love of Paul and i am a huge Alice fan.Thanks Katina

Comment

• I read an article about Richie Sambora getting kicked off the Bon Jovi tour because he's been partying and carrying on with "bimbos" behind the scenes - drinking again and doesn't give a shit about rehab etc...good for him by the way (New York Post)

And now this guy named "Phil X" is substituting for Richie and the last time he substituted for Richie was in 2011 because Richie went to rehab because he relapsed on the booze...

Just an observation but it looks like "Phil X" has become the Tommy Thayer of Bon Jovi
                        Last edited by howie; 04-06-2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Tommy Thayer does not have names like Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson on his resume

Comment

• Which means he never screwed them either

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave's Bitch View Post
                              Tommy Thayer does not have names like Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson on his resume
                              But he has BLACK AND BLEW!!!

which is just aboot as bad..................

Comment

• Bon Jovi was never a band. Jon has always paid them a salary. They've always been hired guns. Phil X is pretty cool, check out all the youtubes of him selling gear.
                                This space for rent.

Comment

Working...
                                X