X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Whatever the case chef...

I think they should have acknowledged Michael Anthony in the early band...

That's a bit of a sucker move...

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by WARF
      Whatever the case chef...

I think they should have acknowledged Michael Anthony in the early band...

That's a bit of a sucker move...
      Don't get me wrong, as I agree with you completely. Look, even making Anthony an unlockable character at some point of the game would have made some sense, rather than depicting a history that never took place. But what can you expect from a band that initially retouched some album covers at it's official website until public outcry demanded their removal?

Oddly enough, although the group chooses to replace Anthony symbolically, they apparently have not gone so far as to have the kid rerecord all of Anthony's bass parts in the catalogue or the game. There is nothing quite like lazily rendered revisionist history.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• WARF
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

I've been flip-flopping back and forth on my love hate relationship with the mullet-headed bass player. Even though DLR is in the band, I still ain't overly enthusiastic about about new album or tour just yet. Michael Anthony really is the backbone to classic Van Halen, because of his background vox, being a HUGE part of the classic Van Halen sound. However, I also have grown a bit of dislike for MA, because he is part of the Sammy Hagar clique, and anyone who backs up that piece of shit... has a hard time earning bonus points in my book. So, It's really a rough situation for me... because music aside I've always liked MA the person (although he has been a bit of a toolbag). Wolfgang is an enigma to me... I really don't know what he is capable of bringing to the table musically... he better be a fucking virtuoso on the bass like his dad has been hyping him up, if he doesn't have much of a voice to back up David Lee Roth.

So I haven't made a decision yet, on how much I'll back up the band on an upcoming tour with DLR... but I will definately buy the album... no matter what if Roth is on board. I guess i'm just gonna have to wait to see what Wolf does on the next album, cuz there is no fucking way anyone is gonna tell me that he is suitable replace to the backbone of Van Halen.... no fucking way... even if he is a fucking CHICKENSHIT band member.

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Nicely put WARF!
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Blackflag
            The only thing gayer than facebook is "guitar hero."

And this post...
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I learned something new from the Van Halen Guitar Hero trailer...

I didn't know Wolfgang played for the original lineup....
              This is what people seem to not pick up on... these games are marketing tools for the current touring line-up of a band. Case in point: Metallica. You don't see the old bass players on that game. You see the current touring band. Much like VH.. deal with it.

Personally, I love these games.. I'm a rockband guy, and I wish VH was releasing a game in the RB format, but I'l settle for GH.
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Blackflag
                Banned
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                LMAO. You're a dick.

My son turned 21 the weekend before Labor Day, and since I KNEW he wasn't about to hang out with me on such a monumental occasion (who the fuck would want to hang out with their parents the moment you become legal, right?) we decided to get together over the holiday. He starts talking about this Guitar Hero world tour game. So, I grab him a 6 pack of his choice, and I snatch up the game and one of those plastic guitars that you use with it.

It was like he was a little kid again! He played that thing damn near all day, and you know what? I had fun watching him, not to mention the tunes are pretty good. I wasn't expecting CCR, Paul McCartney and shit, but it was on there. Some other stuff too, but I don't remember offhand....until he gets to Hot For Teacher...I could hear the song in the background on the menu screen. I say, "If that's one of the songs on there, stop and let me try it."

It was.

I thought, "fuck, I played this a gazillion times, I'll show him how a REAL guitar player rolls!"..

squeak...diddley diddley..squeak...plink-clank..

BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Man, fuck Guitar Hero!

So did it bother you when your son came out of the closet?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

I'm not a Van Halen purist...

I'm a Van Halen Rothist...

There's nothing more pure than that...

...and Roth was the backbone of the classic lineup...

I'm not dissing MA...I prefer that lineup...

but Van Halen would have still blown the doors off the world with or without the guy behind the Jack Daniels bass...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

I'm not dissing MA...I prefer that lineup...

but Van Halen would have still blown the doors off the world with or without the guy behind the Jack Daniels bass...

Me too. And to the people who scream about Michael Anthony not being there. How much did he really bring to the music we love so much? If you have heard any of the Chickenfoot album, you realize that whatever he contributes as far as writing, Van Halen can do without.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer him in the band. I'm just not letting him not being there ruin my happiness that Dave is back.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Coyote
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

I learned something new from the Van Halen Guitar Hero trailer...

I didn't know Wolfgang played for the original lineup....

It's kinda fucked up when they show the younger band...

With Wolfie in some type of Michael Anthony "1984" era outfit lol
                      And Ed's Frankenstein sporting a Wolfgang-canopener-headstock...
                      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Dr. Love
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Sometimes I think you guy's assholes clench up harder over a game (or facebook, lol) more than they would around crowd of naked aroused gay men. When did you guys get so old and out of touch that you can't loosen up and have fun?

Those damn kids and their internets and their plastic guitars! Time to gripe about it about it on a forum dedicated to an 80s band.

I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Blackflag
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                          Sometimes I think you guy's assholes clench up harder over a game (or facebook, lol) more than they would around crowd of naked aroused gay men. When did you guys get so old and out of touch that you can't loosen up and have fun?

Those damn kids and their internets and their plastic guitars! Time to gripe about it about it on a forum dedicated to an 80s band.

But it was true even when we were younger. There were the kids who played "dungeons and dragons," the kids on the chess team, the kids who like "depeche mode" and "morrissey"...

I think what I'm saying is - douchebag is timeless. Now go update your Facebook page, Todd.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

I hear a lot of people complimenting Chickenfoot..

Now I'm not Satriani follower, but I like him.

I have no issues with Michael Anthony...truly a good guy...got fucked by spED...which actually put him in the immoral majority.

I'm neither here nor there with regards to Chad Smith...

Then there's Uncle Fester Hagar...and I'd prefer not to comment.

I listened to Chickenfoot, and it's nothing special...anyone that makes anything more than that is either delusional...or has a sick and twisted love for Uncle Fester...

What the fuck was this thread about?
                            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Blackflag
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                              I hear a lot of people complimenting Chickenfoot..

Now I'm not Satriani follower, but I like him.

I have no issues with Michael Anthony...truly a good guy...got fucked by spED...which actually put him in the immoral majority.

I'm neither here nor there with regards to Chad Smith...

Then there's Uncle Fester Hagar...and I'd prefer not to comment.

I listened to Chickenfoot, and it's nothing special...anyone that makes anything more than that is either delusional...or has a sick and twisted love for Uncle Fester...

What the fuck was this thread about?
                              It's so-so, you fat bitch.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
                                But it was true even when we were younger. There were the kids who played "dungeons and dragons," the kids on the chess team, the kids who like "depeche mode" and "morrissey"...

I think what I'm saying is - douchebag is timeless. Now go update your Facebook page, Todd.
                                And I'm sayin' you don't get it. A lot of young people and under-middle aged adults do these things. It's cool though, you cranky old man. I imagine it's hard becoming outdated.

I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

Working...