X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's funny when after a few beers it spills into the real world. This has happened a few times and it's not gone well.

a) Walk into a bar to meet a few pals and a guy I don't know is saying how 9-11 was done with government drones - I do 10 minutes explaining how he is a fucking idiot like I would on here before realizing in real life that's fucking obnoxious and then apologize.

b) Explaining to my close relatives the exact reasons why they are wrong believing in organized religion.

And so on...
    Oh man.......I have to bite my tongue about religion in real life! I still mix it up and call out hypocrisy but it's with kids gloves in the real world!

I still get pretty political on social media.......ask anyone who knows me here in the real world but nothing like the smack downs I gave BigBadBrian or the other Neocons in the FrontLine!

Which actually is another reason I don't post as much...........back in the day we had the illegal Iraq war and so much more to debate about, it seems.

Sure, there are as many problems now as then but...........we were going at it over 9/11, the Iraq war, the economy and the other numerous things that were happening during Dubya's tenure!

I was always a FrontLine guy.......my first ever post was there!
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• TFM_Dale
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2009

I don't want to over play the analogy but I see myself more as a skinnier sexier older Wolfgang trying to keep the old legacy going while getting unfair shit from people who just don't like the way things have played.
      We get blamed for you people getting older and providing an alternative to NOTHING!
      Yeah, but the bass player isn't singing lead for VH
      I bet I could find a Cabo Wabo Kilt and mail it to you.

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
        You came up with Seshy Hagar, you can do whatever you want.
        So crashing your 4th of July bash screaming, "You're my real father, why won't you acknowledge me!", in front of your friends and family is cool
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah, but the bass player isn't singing lead for VH
          I bet I could find a Cabo Wabo Kilt and mail it to you.

I'm still trying to get to grips with the fact you are claiming to be under 40, I assumed you were in the ZahZoo demographic.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
            Oh man.......I have to bite my tongue about religion in real life! I still mix it up and call out hypocrisy but it's with kids gloves in the real world!

I still get pretty political on social media.......ask anyone who knows me here in the real world but nothing like the smack downs I gave BigBadBrian or the other Neocons in the FrontLine!

Which actually is another reason I don't post as much...........back in the day we had the illegal Iraq war and so much more to debate about, it seems.

Sure, there are as many problems now as then but...........we were going at it over 9/11, the Iraq war, the economy and the other numerous things that were happening during Dubya's tenure!

I was always a FrontLine guy.......my first ever post was there!
            The Frontline used to be predominantly Republican but over time went the other way. I miss BBB because it was interesting to hear the justification for views I didn't understand. Latterly it became about ELVIS posting insane shit and and then shouting abuse at anyone that disagreed with it so no loss there except in terms of number of posts.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2009

So crashing your 4th of July bash screaming, "You're my real father, why won't you acknowledge me!", in front of your friends and family is cool
              Fuck yeah, hopefully I have a few brews in me by then, I'll have the in laws wondering "what the fuck"?

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

I hear you, almost 40 (shoot me now) and anytime my wife or I mention buying something or doing something within ear shot of a mom we get the "Now do you really need that?" Yet they need 47 copies of Magnum PI on DVD and an Ipad loaded with shit that originated on stone tablet.
                My minor is in computer programming so my lame ass brothers always shaft me with computer related problems my parents have............I would spends hours on the phone just trying to get them to reboot the computer!!!!!!!!

I finally understood this emotion having to walk them through the simplest of tasks

Now I just remotely take over their computers and fix it!

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Fuck yeah, hopefully I have a few brews in me by then, I'll have the in laws wondering "what the fuck"?
                  Wish I could make it this year but I can't!

Still want to hook up latter this month when I head out to TC for at least lunch or a brew!

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

I'm still trying to get to grips with the fact you are claiming to be under 40, I assumed you were in the ZahZoo demographic.
                    80, anal, and ornery?
                    I am pretty much 40, just a few months to go. For some reason the 4-0 is bugging me, first time a birthday has done that but fuck it, what can you do about it?

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

80, anal, and ornery?
                      I am pretty much 40, just a few months to go. For some reason the 4-0 is bugging me, first time a birthday has done that but fuck it, what can you do about it?
                      I'm with ya on that one.. I'm looking 41 right in the eye.
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2009

My minor is in computer programming so my lame ass brothers always shaft me with computer related problems my parents have............I would spends hours on the phone just trying to get them to reboot the computer!!!!!!!!

I finally understood this emotion having to walk them through the simplest of tasks

Now I just remotely take over their computers and fix it!
                        Remote desktop is awesome, use it for work and for the very reason you just mentioned. It cracks me up because we got my mom a new laptop about a year ago and her only questions were "Can it look up recipes?" "Will my mail still be on this one?" God bless em.
                        Last edited by TFM_Dale; 06-04-2015, 11:17 PM. Reason: Seshy Hagar

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2009

Wish I could make it this year but I can't!

Still want to hook up latter this month when I head out to TC for at least lunch or a brew!
                          As long as it isn't the 25th-29th, that is when the electric light festival is this year, we get 100s of impounds during this thing!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
                            I'm with ya on that one.. I'm looking 41 right in the eye.
                            It's not so much that it gets worse, although it does.

It's the speeding up of time. Knowing that you are in the second half of your life I can cope with but it's more upsetting that it is going to go past quicker than a further fifth...

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

The Frontline used to be predominantly Republican but over time went the other way. I miss BBB because it was interesting to hear the justification for views I didn't understand. Latterly it became about ELVIS posting insane shit and and then shouting abuse at anyone that disagreed with it so no loss there except in terms of number of posts.
                              You had Dr Madvibe, Warham, BBB, Ultra and a few others on the right!

You had me, Nick, Ford, Lounge and a few others a bit left of center!

God, I can't even remember the rest who posted there!

Those were some epic debates! I cut my teeth there in the FrontLine!

Elvis never really bothered me and considering how many times him and I went at it, that may seem strange but..........we'd be beating each other up over some issue and thanking each other on the next post in a music forum!

He did go completely batshit insane towards the end, though! Alex Jones and Brother Nathan were just too much!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

John Ashcroft too!

It was problematic when the whole mod team became non republican.

ELVIS was one of the 3 or 4 'friends' I had here back in the day 15 years ago. At the point I took over he was happy.

It's a shame how he went.

The problem was that if he was copying and pasting 10 articles a day from woo made up dangerous non science websites then that left me the two options of arguing them down or deleting them. The later would have been very against the ethos here so I found myself paying to promote stuff that I despised or having to spend lots of time debunking.

It was a massive pain in the ass especially as in time it became apparent he wasn't even reading his own shit.

That's why when he asked to be banned I jumped at it - great!
                                Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-04-2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Working...