X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I'm just really hoping that LARGO '84 starts leaking soon. I'm DYING to see that concert...pro-shot 1984 tour show, in its entirety.

It just angers me to know there's some piece of crap out there enjoying, hoping to keep it to himself and not remotely care how many fans would kill to watch this concert...
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
      Good point. And seriously, I'd like to beat the living shit out of this footage hoarder.

If I had my hands on some seriously kickass VH footage, I would want to do one thing and one thing only: GET IT OUT THERE TO THE FANS TO ENJOY.

I couldn't give a shit about making money off of it or hoarding it for myself.

This guy is a serious piece of shit.
      The jackass in question is Curt Gooch... google search will give you more details. Back in the old days he'd been a good target for one flappo's debauchery campaigns
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

So does this site get into issues if posted here?

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I would assume so if we hosted it and he notices. He will be relying on the fact no one wants to take him on because I don't see how owning a tape somehow gives him ownership of the copyright, it's not possible. I believe on YouTube he gets the stuff taken down by claiming it's a copy of a personal unpublished material but I doubt that would stand up to even rudimentary investigation by them.

He certainly couldn't do much about someone posting the location of a download though if it was hosted at a site in another country that isn't covered by or likely to respond to a US lawyers letter.

If it gets to the point that we don't have a working link for download I'm sure a user can upload it to somewhere on the web and post a link to it here, you are all anonymous.

TBH this all stinks of sour grapes because if his plan was to sell this bootleg, especially exclusively than that chance has gone forever. I think Van Halen would have slapped lawyers on him immediately if he was to do it in plain view so the only way he could would be to hardcore fans and they will already have it or know it can be found online or on 10 thousand hard disks at this point.
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 09-01-2023, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            £11 ($15) for AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy Osbourne, Gary Moore, Y&T, Accept and Motley Crue, 13 000 people turned up on the day and bought their ticket at the door.

Jesus Christ on the mount! That's about $44 USD or £35 when people are paying 10X that to see tired old bands and their STD infested whore uteruses falling out with 90% replacement players today...

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              Jesus Christ on the mount! That's about $44 USD or £35 when people are paying 10X that to see tired old bands and their STD infested whore uteruses falling out with 90% replacement players today...
              Seriously! I mean, Springsteen is charging $1,000s (literally) for tickets to a show by a bunch of guys three times older than when they were at their peak at Hammersmith in 1975.

Nothing to be proud of for a guy who used to be such a symbol for the working classes...

I like Springsteen...but he hasn't made a good album since MAGIC and he hasn't made a great album since maybe BORN IN THE U.S.A. (and even that was a far cry from the peaks of DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN).
              Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

In '78 I saw VH, AC/DC, Foreigner, Aerosmith and Pat Travers for $11.00... Day On the Green Oakland, Ca.
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  In '78 I saw VH, AC/DC, Foreigner, Aerosmith and Pat Travers for $11.00... Day On the Green Oakland, Ca.
                  Back when Aerosmith (and AC/DC) were great bands.

Actually, I like Foreigner's first four albums too.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

And Clarence is dead! For fuck's sake it ain't the E-Street band without Clarence Clemons!

Rest in peace oh gentile soul and maker of the sweet sounds rivaling even Pan's melodical graces that made panties dewy and mere cuckolds of us mere mortals on the warmth of a late summer's night...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Seriously! I mean, Springsteen is charging $1,000s (literally) for tickets to a show by a bunch of guys three times older than when they were at their peak at Hammersmith in 1975.

Nothing to be proud of for a guy who used to be such a symbol for the working classes...

I like Springsteen...but he hasn't made a good album since MAGIC and he hasn't made a great album since maybe BORN IN THE U.S.A. (and even that was a far cry from the peaks of DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN).
                      Ugh, and the Don Henley Solo Project, er, "The Eagles" FFS...

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

And Clarence is dead! For fuck's sake it ain't the E-Street band without Clarence Clemons!
                        Don't forget Danny Federici either. He was key to that band's sound...an incredible keyboard player.
                        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Ugh, and the Don Henley Solo Project, er, "The Eagles" FFS...
                          Yes. And funny enough, I actually always liked Glenn more than Don (Henley) anyway.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Yes. And funny enough, I actually always liked Glenn more than Don (Henley) anyway.
                            And Felder, another guy they fired. And Randy, a guy they hounded out of the band. Kind of an interesting recent vid on all of them:

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

And Felder, another guy they fired. And Randy, a guy they hounded out of the band. Kind of an interesting recent vid on all of them:

Great clip.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• nick500
                                Groupie
                                • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Seshmeister

EDIT: PREVIOUSLY THIS WAS ON YOUTUBE BUT IT KEEPS BEING TAKEN DOWN. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT AT THIS LINK

Finally the long lost video of Van Halen at the Monsters Of Rock Festival at Donington Park on the 18th August 1984 has come to light.

After a set-closing Panama, frontman David Lee Roth famously told the crowd, "we're going to take a little bit of film back to the United States, and show them how England fucking does it." Four more shows and Van Halen was over.

It's not perfect and the sound drifts in and out but it's kind of unique in that it's a single onstage camera kind of like your view if you were the keyboard player.

There are audio decent bootlegs of this so it won't be long until someone marries the two up.

The full set on the day was

Unchained
                                Hot for Teacher
                                On Fire
                                Runnin' With the Devil
                                Little Guitars
                                House of Pain
                                Bass Solo
                                I'll Wait
                                Everybody Wants Some!!
                                Oh, Pretty Woman
                                Jump
                                Guitar Solo
                                Panama

Encore:
                                You Really Got Me
                                The version I have doesn't have those odd horizontal lines.

It was a dvd someone posted somewhere.
                                typical screenshot:
                                Screen Shot 2023-09-07 at 1.48.43 PM.jpg
                                artwork for dvd:
                                VH cover.jpg

Comment

Working...