Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Harrison Ford Confirmed For Blade Runner 2

Harrison Ford Confirmed For Blade Runner 2
    Denis Villeneuve is in talks to direct

27 February 2015 | Written by James White

We’ve been through the various stages of possibility about Harrison Ford returning to another of his iconic sci-fi films as the Blade Runner sequel has made its way across the harsh cityscape of development. He’s thinking about it! He likes the script but he’s not sure! He’s been offered the gig... Well, now he’s officially aboard to once more play Rick Deckard.

With Ridley Scott acting as producer on this one, confirming word from around the Exodus press tour that he wouldn’t be back in the director’s chair given his schedule, Prisoners’ Denis Villeneuve is in negotiations to take over that job, which would see him working from a script by Hampton Fancher, co-writer of the 1982 original, who cranked out the words this time with Michael Green.

As for what story those words will tell? So far, the only real details is that, like Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the new film will acknowledge the passage of time and is set several decades after Scott’s first crack at adapting Philip K. Dick’s Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?. Will it confirm the theory that Deckard himself is a Replicant? How will society have changed? And given that modern day cities now resemble the futuristic, advert-drenched Los Angeles of 2019 (aside from the flying cars, darn it), how will a sequel made now jump the visuals forward so that it still seems like the future? We’ll have to wait to find out, as the plan is not to start shooting until summer 2016, which means the new movie won’t hit screens until 2017 at the earliest.
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

What a fucking great film that was! Blade Runner...

Daryl Hannah was beyond gorgeous, and her character was very interesting.
    The actress who acted as the enigmatic Rachel did a great job.
    Rutger Hauer offered such a memorable scene in the last moments of his character.

Harrison Ford's performance really looked dull to me. But I'll rush to my fave movie theater as soon as this follow-up is showing.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Need to start making better movies. I think the script writing in much of what they are making now sucks.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
        Rutger Hauer offered such a memorable scene in the last moments of his character.
        I only found out in the last year or two that he wrote that speech himself.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          I only found out in the last year or two that he wrote that speech himself.
          I'm only finding out now that you're mentioning it. Thanks!

Makes his performance even more excellent!
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Hmm...how would Deckard have aged since he's a replicant?
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Think how people from 1982 would laugh in our faces if they knew we were arguing about evolution right now. They would be excited about the new Van Halen live album though.
              gnaw on it

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Loved the first one have it on VHS still and DVD...

Here is my take at the moment may change just don't know.

Old assed Harrison Ford propped up by cables and various apparatuses in front of a Green Screen for one week posing for the cameras....gets paid 1 million bucks. Goes home.

Then the idiots at ILM spend 200 million dollars CGI'ing a movie around the images of Ford.

With 400 graphic artist getting their sticky dirty little fingers all muddied up in the CGI not to mention the 50 middle management goofs who will ruin the movie with their editing skills.

It will look like a CGI lesson in, Hey, why does the movies look like a cartoon?
                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Yeah, I don't think Scott is gonna fuck it up.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I have heard some pretty mixed reviews of Prometheus though although to be honest I haven't seen it yet myself.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                      Full Member Status

• May 2010

I have just seen so many good movies gone CGI ( which is the way it is done these days) just looking like shit they don't travel to deepest darkest Africa anymore to shoot a movie about jungle madness they just draw cartoon computer jungle scenes on the green screen images of the actors shot is LA California.

It is too easy to see the lack of true artistry in movies anymore I love artists and I get it but it seems to unveil these movies as way to unrealistic in their approach to what scene content is.

CGI has its uses but it has completely replaced acting and creativity with body image relationships as how can we make this fit in this space then deliver the image as realtime....even situation comedies look like sci fi movies.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        I have heard some pretty mixed reviews of Prometheus though although to be honest I haven't seen it yet myself.
                        I'm still kinda conflicted about that movie. I liked it but I wasn't thrilled by it. Then again, I didn't like any of the Alien sequels either. I think if they had cut the movie down to bare bones - like the original Alien - then it would have been better.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                          I have just seen so many good movies gone CGI ( which is the way it is done these days) just looking like shit they don't travel to deepest darkest Africa anymore to shoot a movie about jungle madness they just draw cartoon computer jungle scenes on the green screen images of the actors shot is LA California.

It is too easy to see the lack of true artistry in movies anymore I love artists and I get it but it seems to unveil these movies as way to unrealistic in their approach to what scene content is.

CGI has its uses but it has completely replaced acting and creativity with body image relationships as how can we make this fit in this space then deliver the image as realtime....even situation comedies look like sci fi movies.
                          Holy hell - not only did I understand every word of that post, I totally agree with it lol

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            I'm still kinda conflicted about that movie. I liked it but I wasn't thrilled by it. Then again, I didn't like any of the Alien sequels either. I think if they had cut the movie down to bare bones - like the original Alien - then it would have been better.
                            I hear the new Aliens movie is going to pretend that 3 and 4 didn't happen.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                              Full Member Status

• May 2010

The third, The Mummy with Jet li was awful Fraser seemed like he knew it was a bad script and phoned it in his kid went from 6 years old to 17 and they replaced Wiesz with someone else and then I don't think a single scene was shot without green screen and if looked like crap to me.

They seem to have spent 100 million on CGI and gave the actors/set designers/camera operators..etc.. 50bucks.It is like they CGI it all elevated image and send it to the viewer as a lightning bolt....one day it will just be hipno-toad up there staring at a confused audience...19$ PLEASE..

How could they even do this all the other in the series were great even the spin-off with the rock was pretty damn good. They have become dependent and CGI logistically it is so much easier than actually making a movie.

Comment

Working...