Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    There is a recent KISS show in Kiev.

A total disaster. Stanley actually waited until the canned vocals would kick in on the opener DRC and when they didn't he had to resort to his shot voice.

It was pathetic.

Girl you know it's...girl you know it's...girl you know it's...
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Looks like they are Milli KISSinilli now.

Comment

Watch. Gene will sell a KISS karaoke machine with canned Paul vocals on tap. Also some padded KISS condoms to make you look bigger than your are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
          Looks like they are Milli KISSinilli now.
          To be fair, they are miming their own vocals...

Comment

One has to wonder if the VH meeting Dave was eluding to this week, has any relation to the Michael Anthony interview that just surfaced..?
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
              To be fair, they are miming their own vocals...
              Really doesn't matter. People go to a KISS show to watch a bunch of stuff blow up on stage. Hell when you are watching explosions while drunk and high, you really don't care about the vocals. Hell. You might not remember most of the concert. You will probably be wondering how you got home and who's panties ended up in your backset.

Comment

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
                One has to wonder if the VH meeting Dave was eluding to this week, has any relation to the Michael Anthony interview that just surfaced..?
                Mike is the perfect example of nice guys finish last. VH screwed him raw. He just bent over and smiled as they stole his royalties. The guy at one time got a equal fifth of what the band made. Mike should have just said, "I'm not signing shit motherfuckers. Have fun on stage without me." They would have freaked. You can replace the bass playing easy enough but your can't replace those vocals. Of course with Wolfie Mike can't pull that move but I bet VH gave Mike a shit deal and he said fuck this shit, I will just stay in Sammy's circle jerk.

Comment

That's ok though. Sam likes a man who takes it up the ass with a smile. Mike is hairy and can really scream. To Sammy that's a gimp from heaven.
                  Last edited by Nitro Express; 06-22-2019, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Mike is the perfect example of nice guys finish last. VH screwed him raw. He just bent over and smiled as they stole his royalties. The guy at one time got a equal fifth of what the band made. Mike should have just said, "I'm not signing shit motherfuckers. Have fun on stage without me." They would have freaked. You can replace the bass playing easy enough but your can't replace those vocals. Of course with Wolfie Mike can't pull that move but I bet VH gave Mike a shit deal and he said fuck this shit, I will just stay in Sammy's circle jerk.
                    I'm of the opinion Mike's finished first more than any of the VH band members... Sure, he was fucked over by the Van Halen Brothers™, but he didn't crawl off and cry. Just found ways to continue having fun making music, working with many of the greatest legends in the rock music business and enjoying life in general. Appears to me, Mike's remained in a far better place in life than the 3 other founding members of the band combined. And that's even with his wagon hitched to Hagar...

Say what you will... more albums, tours, positive fan interactions, endorsements and performances in the last 15 years. Check the scores... Mike's so far in the lead the rest aren't even in the ball park.
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Mike has this level of passivity about all the shit that went down...I don't get it, other than maybe by the time Ed finally gave him the boot [Mike] was content to just be done with it and move on. One can't imagine the last several years he was employed by the band - which is basically what he was after Hagar left, an employee - were particularly satisfying. Conventional wisdom is that he didn't even play on Van Halen III. After the Van Halen III tour ended, the band did fuck all. The Van Halens didn't even want him on that last tour with Hagar in 2004, and considering the quality of the shows on that tour had Anthony sat it out he might have been better off.

When one reads Monk's book and the details about how Roth and the Van Halens forced Anthony to sign to a smaller percentage of the publishing going forward from 1984 on, it seems Anthony was kept on a short 'take it or leave it' leash by the Van Halens for a good twenty years before they unceremoniously chucked him out and replaced him with Ed's kid: Ed apparently doesn't consider what Anthony brought to the group as being in the least bit valuable. Anthony has had little to no contact with Roth for the past 35 years. All of which begs the question as to why Anthony would be itching to reunite with the band for what will doubtless be a pittance in terms of the wage offered by the Van Halens for doing so?

I mean, for all the snide remarks about Mike Anthony being Hagar's butt boy, at least Mike gets to play regularly with a group of guys who he has fun with and who appreciate what he brings to the group. The only reason I can see Anthony at this point wanting to even temporarily trade that off for a Van Halen reunion is that he would be doing it for the fans (because one gets the sense that Anthony actually would be willing to do it for the fans: contrast that with the attitude the Van Halens have toward their fans) and he would get paid well. Anything short of that, why bother?
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
                        I'm of the opinion Mike's finished first more than any of the VH band members... Sure, he was fucked over by the Van Halen Brothers™, but he didn't crawl off and cry. Just found ways to continue having fun making music, working with many of the greatest legends in the rock music business and enjoying life in general. Appears to me, Mike's remained in a far better place in life than the 3 other founding members of the band combined. And that's even with his wagon hitched to Hagar...

Say what you will... more albums, tours, positive fan interactions, endorsements and performances in the last 15 years. Check the scores... Mike's so far in the lead the rest aren't even in the ball park.
                        I'm looking at it from a business perspective. But yeah as far as a quality family life and being happy Mike has em all beat. Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                          Mike has this level of passivity about all the shit that went down...I don't get it, other than maybe by the time Ed finally gave him the boot [Mike] was content to just be done with it and move on. One can't imagine the last several years he was employed by the band - which is basically what he was after Hagar left, an employee - were particularly satisfying. Conventional wisdom is that he didn't even play on Van Halen III. After the Van Halen III tour ended, the band did fuck all. The Van Halens didn't even want him on that last tour with Hagar in 2004, and considering the quality of the shows on that tour had Anthony sat it out he might have been better off.

When one reads Monk's book and the details about how Roth and the Van Halens forced Anthony to sign to a smaller percentage of the publishing going forward from 1984 on, it seems Anthony was kept on a short 'take it or leave it' leash by the Van Halens for a good twenty years before they unceremoniously chucked him out and replaced him with Ed's kid: Ed apparently doesn't consider what Anthony brought to the group as being in the least bit valuable. Anthony has had little to no contact with Roth for the past 35 years. All of which begs the question as to why Anthony would be itching to reunite with the band for what will doubtless be a pittance in terms of the wage offered by the Van Halens for doing so?

I mean, for all the snide remarks about Mike Anthony being Hagar's butt boy, at least Mike gets to play regularly with a group of guys who he has fun with and who appreciate what he brings to the group. The only reason I can see Anthony at this point wanting to even temporarily trade that off for a Van Halen reunion is that he would be doing it for the fans (because one gets the sense that Anthony actually would be willing to do it for the fans: contrast that with the attitude the Van Halens have toward their fans) and he would get paid well. Anything short of that, why bother?
                          Mike is a get up there and jam guy. The Van Halen's are studio wankers. Roth is a recluse who seems to have to have everything planned out and tightly controlled. Dave don't spontaniously fill in or jump up on stage. Mike and Sam are spontaneous the rest of the VH dudes aren't. That's the difference.

Comment

Roth's Not Talking

Give me “get up and jam” guys over studio wankers any day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Eat Us and Smile!
                            Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

Mike is a get up there and jam guy. The Van Halen's are studio wankers. Roth is a recluse who seems to have to have everything planned out and tightly controlled. Dave don't spontaniously fill in or jump up on stage. Mike and Sam are spontaneous the rest of the VH dudes aren't. That's the difference.
                              Yeah whatever.

FUCK Bassplayer and his wife Bette Midler.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
                                Yeah whatever.

FUCK Bassplayer and his wife Bette Midler.
                                Yeah but at least they go out and jam. They aren’t afraid to sit in or do a spontaneous jam. Eddie has become a guitar and amp manufacture. He’s a brand name but nobody see’s the guy or his brother. Roth is a strange recluse. He’s become the strange old man who wears bad suits and reminds everyone he once was in Van Halen.

Comment

Working...
                                X