Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThatArtGuy
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

My short review as I'm sure someone will do a song by song blow by blow.

Thank you Dave.
    Thank you Alex.
    Thank you Wolf.
    Thank you Ed.

To anyone who cares anything at all for this band and/or music: lie, cheat, or steal to see this show.

To all and any detractors: Fuck you. Fuck you. Oh, and fuck you.

TAG
    I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Had a friend in Seattle decide to go the last minute. Had a $25 ticket and upgraded to the 5th row for $10 more. Sent some pretty good pics. He said the sound was great and the band played great. Unchained and Drop Dead Legs were awsome. He was laughing at all the old stoners at the show.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• philouze
        Banned
        • Mar 2004

Found on the Metal Sludge board:

"I'm back from the show, and holy shit was it surprising. Dave knew all the words, stayed in his vocal range and told a lot of great jokes. The place was jam-packed too.

Just kidding.

I got two tickets in the parking lot for $10 each. The seats were about half full until 2-3 songs in, when the parade of people from the lawn (still carrying folding chairs and blankets) came in to fill up the seats thanks to free upgrades.

I've seen Roth three times before (with Bad Company, the Sam and Dave tour, and the reunion tour), and loved every show. This was a trainwreck. He missed several cues and tried to vamp until he remembered where he was in the song, completely choked on Chinatown, and made even less sense than usual during his stage banter. There were entire sections where he forgot where he was, smiled awkwardly and let Eddie and Wolfie handle the choruses. He forgot several breakdowns, and re-wrote/stretched out the couple that he actually did. And he of course was still randomly singing way too high in parts.

A couple songs in, Roth started prancing around waving a scarf in the air, then literally pulled out a handkerchief and started waving that around. My wife said "Sooooo... he's gay, right?" She was absolutely convinced of it by the time Roth had done his multiple costume changes (including a shiny silver blazer and later a jacket made of sequins).

Eddie looked great, Wolfie looked fat, and Alex looked so bad it was genuinely concerning. Way worse than Mick Mars. But the three of them all sounded fantastic.

It was cool to hear Eddie again, and I had a lot of fun cringing at Roth and laughing at the mullets and all the dancing moms. I'm kinda glad I went, but I wouldn't pay more than $10."

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I guess the venue was built by an indian tribe and the parking situation was pretty bad. Once the show got going I guess the sound was great. Yeah my friend said Dave was not singing well but hey it's Dave but he said he was glad he went.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Momshell
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Found DDL and Dirty Movies on YouTube but I have no clue how to embed them! I know I did it a million times in 2012...can't figure it out..maybe it's the hangover and 2 hours of sleep...hopefully someone else will wake up soon and do it.
            Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Land's Edge
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Mar 2012

Drop Dead Legs

Comment

• Land's Edge
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Mar 2012

Dirty Movies

Comment

• perrin29
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Land's Edge
                  Drop Dead Legs
                  So happy to see them finally play it. Sounds great.

Comment

• perrin29
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Land's Edge
                    Dirty Movies
                    They have that one sounded tight as hell. Great addition to the set. Let's get a "Lights, camera, action" Dave!

Comment

• VHscraps
                      Veteran
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by perrin29
                      So happy to see them finally play it. Sounds great.
                      Pretty good, and great to hear that awesome riff. The tune is always gonna lose it's shape a bit as Ed segues into the solo, cos it's one of the few VH tunes I can think of that has about 3-4 guitar parts overdubbed on the recording (as it goes into the solo), and you just can't capture that with one geetar on stage
                      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Wow. Great setlist! Very excited for this tour.
                        David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                        — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Here's a better video of DDL.....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Land's Edge
                            Roth Army Recruit
                            • Mar 2012

I really like those songs, and judging on those video I think Dave is focussing more on staying in the right range. If only they would come to Europe so that i could see them for real...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Sooooo, only one show, we'll see how the setlist changes, but they dropped Tattoo, HAIL, PW, TTWN and OLA from my show in Greensboro in '12.....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Silexxx
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Sep 2010

Eruption, YRGM and Panama. Dave wearing some kind of MJ's Billie Jean jacket.

Comment

Working...