• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
    Thread idea?

I am to ________ what Ace Diamond is to the electric guitar.
    I dunno...I highly doubt most people are that incompetent with anything short of those odd puzzles you had to stare at until you saw some hidden image or got a headache, whichever came first.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ashstralia
      like anything, you'll still pay top dollar for the good stuff, but the chinese knock-offs are pretty good for the moolah.
      I've decided to buy a new set if we do start playing properly.

I currently have a set of Sam Snead signature clubs which I think I bought for about $200 in the early 80s.

The man was born in 1912...

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
        I dunno...I highly doubt most people are that incompetent with anything short of those odd puzzles you had to stare at until you saw some hidden image or got a headache, whichever came first.
        It's a bit more complicated than that.

It would be things you have spent quite a lot of time trying but remain surprisingly useless at.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

I always say thread ideas in hopes someone else will start it.....you know, the type of threads you would enjoy posting in & reading everyone elses comments...but also a thread that is so lame you don't wanna take the heat for actually starting it yourself.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Now that I have hit 44 years of age..I love golf..greatest game in the world.I got my first set of clubs in 86 but rarely played.I play every weekend now..weather permitting.I shoot anywhere from 90 - 115.
            Inconsistent as hell..We have 5-6 decent local courses and 2 public courses at Smith Mtn. Lake..
            Lots of elevation changes, which kicks ass, and plenty of trees to roam in..My best rd ever was 90..literally 3 ft from 89.
            Taylor Made clubs now..older models..R7 irons, 09 Burner driver and "Rescue" hybrid, Odyssey white hot XG flat blade putter. I dunno, just something special about the feel of a well hit golf ball.

Comment

• VanHalener
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Playing Golf Rocks!
              ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• VanHalener
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                ...We have 5-6 decent local courses and 2 public courses at Smith Mtn. Lake..
                Lots of elevation changes...
                I'm going to have to haul myself down your way this spring to play some golf with you. I am no Arnold Palmer, but I can hold my own on a course. Loads of fun to shoot a round then go catch a few largemouth bass.
                ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

is there somethin' in there?

it's backwards? i see the heart.....
                  Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 03-24-2011, 01:24 PM.
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    It's a bit more complicated than that.

It would be things you have spent quite a lot of time trying but remain surprisingly useless at.
                    Oh, I get it...stuff like fly fishing or marriage.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                      Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                      is there somethin' in there?

it's backwards? i see the heart.....

Big Boobs with a Woman or a Woman with Big Boobs.

I<(thome user group) when, I was of this mortal plane and savant, and not double clutching thru the statosphere, as that with that was.

Has been paid for hard labor on more than one occasion with a set of used golf clubs. (in some circles used is like daddy trades his vett in every year, cause it need s a waxing)

But, being worn out so that wich brung us together, I could never find the use for exersize on the links.

So.... as for however'more, much the game looks like fun for a simple'ton.

I will meet you all on the 9th hole halfwayhouse bar with a pitcher of whattever you fancy.

VOTE -clara- in 2012
                      2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

are you running as a democarrot?
                        Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 03-24-2011, 02:42 PM. Reason: boobs
                        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VanHalener
                          I'm going to have to haul myself down your way this spring to play some golf with you. I am no Arnold Palmer, but I can hold my own on a course. Loads of fun to shoot a round then go catch a few largemouth bass.
                          Been trying to get a couple others here to play as well....maybe this year something can finally be worked out.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                            [IMG][/IMG]
                            just like paradise...
                            Very nice. I play this course at least once a week in the summer.

No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VanHalener

Playing Golf Rocks!
                              More than one hole on the green. That's confusing.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                                Thread idea?

I am to ________ what Ace Diamond is to the electric guitar.
                                great idea! it will have legs... you have to start it

Comment

Working...