X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I still see people wearing masks in their car, alone.

Saw a guy wearing a mask riding his bike on the trail the other day.

I know people in certain countries wear masks due to the pollution. I remember a lot of Asians wearing masks during SARS, but even that went away.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      MBA from University of Washington. Did an internship in Hong Kong with an international finance company. I speak Cantonese but not Mandarin. If there is a cure for COVID it will be in a Chinese pharmacy. They got a cure for everything.
      You must have been sleeping during reading comprehension lessons. By quoting FORD, I was asking FORD.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
        NickD wants to know what your degree is in...
        I beleive Nickd has the same degree as Rachel Maddow. His knowledge of this issue certainly aligns perfectly with her ignorance.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
          I still see people wearing masks in their car, alone.

Saw a guy wearing a mask riding his bike on the trail the other day.

I know people in certain countries wear masks due to the pollution. I remember a lot of Asians wearing masks during SARS, but even that went away.
          What's crazy is the best defence against Covid was eating well, being physically active, etc. SO being healthly, and exercising OUTSIDE!

Lockdowns and masks and actually preventing people from going outside actually cost lives.
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
            What's crazy is the best defence against Covid was eating well, being physically active, etc. SO being healthly, and exercising OUTSIDE!

Lockdowns and masks and actually preventing people from going outside actually cost lives.
            I said that all along.

We went to Presque Isle park in Erie that August. PA state park system said we had to wear masks in the park and even IN THE WATER. We rode our bikes less than a quarter mile and saw no one was wearing a mask. Didn't wear it the rest of the day.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I beleive Nickd has the same degree as Rachel Maddow. His knowledge of this issue certainly aligns perfectly with her ignorance.
              And your degree is from Qtard U?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Well yeah but it takes a while to go from unhealthy to healthy especially if say you had COPD or asthma when COVID broke out.

I can't remember people being stopped from going outside, did that happen in the US?

Lockdown was to stop hospitals running out of intensive care capacity that was said at the time. A lot. Like every fucking day for months are we still having to go through this?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The current 2023 WHO guidelines are that masks are useful in preventing spread of COVID-19

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
                    And your degree is from Qtard U?
                    I always wondered who "Kristy" was..
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      Well yeah but it takes a while to go from unhealthy to healthy especially if say you had COPD or asthma when COVID broke out.

I can't remember people being stopped from going outside, did that happen in the US?

Lockdown was to stop hospitals running out of intensive care capacity that was said at the time. A lot. Like every fucking day for months are we still having to go through this?
                      Do you remember the SWAT team called out in Cali for the person surfing...alone...in the ocean? It was ridiculous

The crackdown against coronavirus scofflaws has escalated, with businesses that refuse to close and people who won't stay out of the water cited.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

The current 2023 WHO guidelines are that masks are useful in preventing spread of COVID-19

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...covid-19-masks
                        Independent research, peer reviewed, suggest the contrary as I have already shared
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

All I am saying is we need to follow the data. The first variant was one things...all the other variants were very, very different. HAd we actually followed real data and de-politicized this, so much harm could have been avoided.
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Independent research, peer reviewed, suggest the contrary as I have already shared
                            Your paper concludes more research is needed.

Authors' conclusions
                            The high risk of bias in the trials, variation in outcome measurement, and relatively low adherence with the interventions during the studies hampers drawing firm conclusions. There were additional RCTs during the pandemic related to physical interventions but a relative paucity given the importance of the question of masking and its relative effectiveness and the concomitant measures of mask adherence which would be highly relevant to the measurement of effectiveness, especially in the elderly and in young children.

There is uncertainty about the effects of face masks. The low to moderate certainty of evidence means our confidence in the effect estimate is limited, and that the true effect may be different from the observed estimate of the effect. The pooled results of RCTs did not show a clear reduction in respiratory viral infection with the use of medical/surgical masks. There were no clear differences between the use of medical/surgical masks compared with N95/P2 respirators in healthcare workers when used in routine care to reduce respiratory viral infection. Hand hygiene is likely to modestly reduce the burden of respiratory illness, and although this effect was also present when ILI and laboratory‐confirmed influenza were analysed separately, it was not found to be a significant difference for the latter two outcomes. Harms associated with physical interventions were under‐investigated.

There is a need for large, well‐designed RCTs addressing the effectiveness of many of these interventions in multiple settings and populations, as well as the impact of adherence on effectiveness, especially in those most at risk of ARIs.
                            It's a difficult thing to research. We do know that flu went down steeply during the COVID measures so that strongly suggests that lockdown, masks and increased hand hygiene will have helped with COVID but not exactly how much each did.

Precautions taken to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, including wearing masks and distancing, are likely the major reason for a steep decline of flu cases in the U.S., according to experts. The Centers…

I would suspect that lockdown/distancing was by far the most important factor and that was also by far the most inconvenient.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Ah it’s easy. Never let a crisis go to waste and people suck (especially politicians and healthcare executives). That’s what we learned from the pandemic.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

I was amazed how much logic went out the window and how divided people got. The shots were experimental but approved due to an emergency. I certainly can understand people’s concern over safety. Why do you care if someone doesn’t get the shot if you believe it works and you took it? If anything people need someone to blame. That’s what it boils down to. Anyways we might have electricity but we haven’t matured beyond the middle ages much and we learned nothing from Nazi Germany. We deserve to get wiped out.

The world is full of ruins of great civilizations. Just a reminder not to believe in our bullshit too much.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...