Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 World War III - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World War III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I ate one in Siberia on a fishing trip. One Russian MRE is for the whole day instead of just one meal. It was convenient food to throw in a boat.
    Digging a bit, I think there are different versions. The Moutain Ration is the full day of calories ration used since Afghanistan and developed for Spetnaz but seems to be the basis of their now rare ration packs, here's a review:

Having one pack seems like a bit of a PITA to carry for the day after opened. About two US MRE's will keep you going, three will prevent you from "going" as they're all dehydrating a bit...

Right now MRE's are sky high on Amazon but maybe it's the weather changing towards outdoor activities. I always think about buying some in fall in case we lose power and are snowed in, but there seems to be no advantage over having some cans around...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-21-2022, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• A fifth Russian General was killed when his chopper was shot down at an airfield near Kherson...

That might be a quarter of all the Russian general officers in the Ukraine folks....

Comment

• I was listening to a Ukranian journalist today whose mother lives in the east of Ukraine and identifies as being Russian and watches Russian TV for her news. She doesn't believe her own daughter when she says that her apartment is being rocked by shells because she 'knows' that the Russian army is not attacking any civilian areas. Years of Russian TV propaganda is incredibly powerful.

Comment

• Try the Republican Party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
            Digging a bit, I think there are different versions. The Moutain Ration is the full day of calories ration used since Afghanistan and developed for Spetnaz but seems to be the basis of their now rare ration packs, here's a review:

Having one pack seems like a bit of a PITA to carry for the day after opened. About two US MRE's will keep you going, three will prevent you from "going" as they're all dehydrating a bit...

Right now MRE's are sky high on Amazon but maybe it's the weather changing towards outdoor activities. I always think about buying some in fall in case we lose power and are snowed in, but there seems to be no advantage over having some cans around...
            It was a heavy sealed pack of rations. Some stuff like the chocolate bar had the Russian Army logo on it but most seemed to be commercial stuff in foil or Mylar packs. Inside was a stove you folded into shape, some fuel pellets and waterproof matches. We just used the exhaust manifold on the boat engine to heat the food packs. Ha! Ha! That’s actually an old snowmobiling trick.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• It’s way cheaper to get canned or bulk food at a warehouse store than it is to buy MRE’s. MRE’s are nice to throw in a pack or have in a place that’s wet like a white water raft. Our guide provided the Russian MREs so I have no idea where he got them. That was boat food. We ate shashlik in camp. They sell beer in two liter pop bottles over there. You could buy a two litter bottle of 9% beer.

Comment

We just used the exhaust manifold on the boat engine to heat the food packs. Ha! Ha! That’s actually an old snowmobiling trick.
                Off-roading, too. Burritos on the trail.

I usually just take sandwiches but last time I wheeled I got a couple burgers from the food truck that was there.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• They sell this thing called a Muff Pot you strap on your snowmobile muffler and it cooks hot dogs as you run down the trail. Of course you stick your hot dog in the muff to warm it. So logical. Ha! Ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                    I was listening to a Ukranian journalist today whose mother lives in the east of Ukraine and identifies as being Russian and watches Russian TV for her news. She doesn't believe her own daughter when she says that her apartment is being rocked by shells because she 'knows' that the Russian army is not attacking any civilian areas. Years of Russian TV propaganda is incredibly powerful.
                    "The people will believe what the media tells them they believe." ~ George Orwell

Comment

"The people will believe what the media tells them they believe." ~ George Orwell
                      Sesh, Nickdelusional, Kristy and Ford are prime examples of this.

Comment

• I get my media from the Blue Buddha on the Mountain, Vonny.

Whereas you get yours from Russian State Media.

Comment

• Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                          Sesh, Nickdelusional, Kristy and Ford are prime examples of this.
                          I'm really more a subscriber to the Marvin Gaye theory of media... believe half of what you see and none of what you hear
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
                            I'm really more a subscriber to the Marvin Gaye theory of media... believe half of what you see and none of what you hear
                            That's Lou Reed, you Puke Yuger cultist.

Comment

• Way older

The short story “The System of Dr. Tarr and Prof. Fether” by Edgar Allan Poe appeared in the November 1845 issue of “Graham’s Magazine”. The tale was set in a private hospital for the mentally ill, and the adage was spoken by the nominal head of the institution.

“You are young yet, my friend,” replied my host, “but the time will arrive when you will learn to judge for yourself of what is going on in the world, without trusting to the gossip of others. Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.

Comment

It’s way cheaper to get canned or bulk food at a warehouse store than it is to buy MRE’s. MRE’s are nice to throw in a pack or have in a place that’s wet like a white water raft. Our guide provided the Russian MREs so I have no idea where he got them. That was boat food. We ate shashlik in camp. They sell beer in two liter pop bottles over there. You could buy a two litter bottle of 9% beer.
                                The heater elements are great though...

Comment

Working...
                                X