X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78/84 guy
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by cadaverdog
    This is a David Lee Roth message board. Most of the members here are fans of his because he was a decent singer at one time. Unlike you and Sesh they listen to what he does now and realize he's no longer willing or capable of doing that at a decent level anymore. You obviously can't accept that fact and lash out at others who can by calling them haters and trolls. Comparing him to other musicians who aren't what they once were doesn't make what he does now any better no matter how many times you do it.
    That's the thing. You wanna twist my words into Roth is back to 1978 form. Never said it. You still seem hung up.on his 12 & 15 vocals. Are you ready fucking trying to tell me Roth's vocals on these first few gigs are somehow so much worse than he sounded on the Diver Down & 1984 tours ? If you say no he doesn't sound better you're dellusional. I guess you must never go to concerts anymore with all these other guy's not getting it done to your amazingly high standards. If you are why ? It seems so upsetting to you.
    Last edited by 78/84 guy; 02-09-2020, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

And for the record Sesh is correct that a ton of people are giving Roth credit for putting in an effort on these shows. Nobody is saying he's perfect. Even on YouTube shockingly. The Roth bashing capital of the world. People were so upset when he came back in 07 they didn't even notice the effort Roth put in on the tour. It's more fun Dave bashing because he's Dave. It doesn't matter Ed struggled that tour. He's THE KING !! Pathetic. Then again I'm sure most of them were worshipers of his majesty Hag the great.

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
        Are you ready fucking trying to tell me Roth's vocals on these first few gigs are somehow so much worse than he sounded on the Diver Down & 1984 tours ? If you say no he doesn't you're delusional.
        Why would I say no? His vocals are that much worse. I saw VH live at the US Festival in 83 after the Diver Down tour. His vocals where fine that evening. He doesn't even attempt to sing anymore. I think it's you that's delusional.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Why would I say no? His vocals are that much worse. I saw VH live at the US Festival in 83 after the Diver Down tour. His vocals where fine that evening. He doesn't even attempt to sing anymore. I think it's you that's delusional.
          He doesn't even attempt to sing anymore ? Spare me. On those two tours He sang about every other line because he was to drunk. Or to busy jumping around the stage. Christ even the Hagar lap dog Eddie Trunk has said Dave tries harder to sing the words now than he did back then. I agree, especially if you're talking about those two tours. But hey you'd know. You were at the U.S. Festival. Have you watched a copy of that train wreck performance ? By ALL of them. I think you also said Ed let Tokyo Live out to upstage Roth. First of all Roth picked the show. no not a good choice by all means......Maybe Roth should've picked a 07 show were he was the best guy on the stage. People would've probably been up in arms saying Roth rerecorded all of his vocals.

Comment

• Jetstream
            Foot Soldier
            • Dec 2011

Well, maybe he cannot sing like he used to (and he once really could sing in his own unique way) and maybe we can all bitch and moan as if we are his quality and control personal advisers, but as long as he can get a standing ovation, I will not tell this old fart to stop having fun and making some people happy
            I got lost in the...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jetstream
              Well, maybe he cannot sing like he used to (and he once really could sing in his own unique way) and maybe we can all bitch and moan as if we are his quality and control personal advisers, but as long as he can get a standing ovation, I will not tell this old fart to stop having fun and making some people happy
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tJm-qod4E0
              Yeah well hey. Most people are realistic about it. Starting with his age. There seems to be an agreement ( with more people than not ) he's improved. Oh and that other thing ? People that love rock & roll wanna go out and have a good time at a show. It the effort is there that helps. So hey why not clap & give the guy some props. It's Okay if you still thought he was better in 1981. Because he was......

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

And for the record Sesh is correct that a ton of people are giving Roth credit for putting in an effort on these shows.
                Who gives a flying fuck what "tons of people" on YouTube think? I'm not deaf or hard of hearing yet. I formed my own opinion by listening to the videos of his recent performances. If he put as much effort into singing as he does being the comedy relief my opinion might change.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He was drunk as fuck that night you knob. Noel Monk writes in his book that he was inconsolable because he thought Van Halen might be done because Dave so so fucked that night...

And WTF would you compare Dave from 1983 to today? Do the Stones suck now too?

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

Who gives a flying fuck what "tons of people" on YouTube think? I'm not deaf or hard of hearing yet. I formed my own opinion by listening to the videos of his recent performances. If he put as much effort into singing as he does being the comedy relief my opinion might change.
                    Yeah Roth's been spending all of those 45 minutes telling jokes. I thought you wanted to be apart of a legitimate debate ? All you're doing now is lying . But hey who gives a flying fuck what "one trollshitter " on the Roth Army thinks ? I formed my own opinion by listening to the videos of his recent performances. I win.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Jetstream
                      Well, maybe he cannot sing like he used to (and he once really could sing in his own unique way) and maybe we can all bitch and moan as if we are his quality and control personal advisers, but as long as he can get a standing ovation, I will not tell this old fart to stop having fun and making some people happy.
                      I can accept the fact some people don't care that he can't or won't attempt to sing anymore. You don't have to be one of his advisors to "bitch and moan" about that. It's called voicing an opinion. That's what people do on message boards like this.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        He was drunk as fuck that night you knob. Noel Monk writes in his book that he was inconsolable because he thought Van Halen might be done because Dave so so fucked that night...

And WTF would you compare Dave from 1983 to today? Do the Stones suck now too?
                        He's got all the answers. Just ask him. He probably has front row tickets for Motley Crue & Def Leppard. One guy has been lip synching for years on the stuff he can't sing. The other guy is out of breath by the 3rd song. He'll enjoy it though. Or maybe he just doesn't go to concerts at all. With his standards anyone over 40 is not good enough anymore. Maybe Hag ?
                        Last edited by 78/84 guy; 02-09-2020, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Yeah Roth's been spending all of those 45 minutes telling jokes. I thought you wanted to be apart of a legitimate debate ? All you're doing now is lying . But hey who gives a flying fuck what "one trollshitter " on the Roth Army thinks ? I formed my own opinion by listening to the videos of his recent performances. I win.
                          I'm lying? You should apply for a job with MSNBC or CNN. You're ignoring what other people who are saying the same thing I'm saying about Dave's Vegas comedy act. Next time try listening to the videos with the volume turned up loud enough to hear. As far as your insults go you're an amateur compared to the other members here I've had disagreements with. Don't quit your day job.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

I can accept the fact some people don't care that he can't or won't attempt to sing anymore. You don't have to be one of his advisors to "bitch and moan" about that. It's called voicing an opinion. That's what people do on message boards like this.
                            What you CAN'T except is Roth can, and is trying to sing in 2020. He shouldn't be doing a few songs. Paradise & Dance The Night Away should both be dropped. Same reason why other singer avoid certain songs. They can't sing them very good, if at all. As of right now from what I've seen Roth is doing good on everything but those two songs. So ? Drop them. Use something else. Pretty Woman. Drop Dead Legs are probably fine for him. Little Dreamer would be great.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              I don't care how drunk he was. I was there. A lot of people bitched about the long wait between bands before VH finally hit the stage but that's about it. My issues with VH's set was based on how they had changed from the last time I had seen them. I preferred the Jim Dandy version of Dave. Not the MTV version.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Apr 2005

I'm lying? You should apply for a job with MSNBC or CNN. You're ignoring what other people who are saying the same thing I'm saying about Dave's Vegas comedy act. Next time try listening to the videos with the volume turned up loud enough to hear. As far as your insults go you're an amateur compared to the other members here I've had disagreements with. Don't quit your day job.
                                If you say so trollshitter. I think Roth said three things in the last full show posted from Buffalo. I guess that's a comedy act in your eyes ? Next time try listening to the videos with the volume turned up loud enough to hear. At least I have a day job. If you get one don't became a music critic. You're awful at it......

Comment

Working...