X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
    What you CAN'T except is Roth can, and is trying to sing in 2020. He shouldn't be doing a few songs. Paradise & Dance The Night Away should both be dropped. Same reason why other singer avoid certain songs. They can't sing them very good, if at all. As of right now from what I've seen Roth is doing good on everything but those two songs. So ? Drop them. Use something else. Pretty Woman. Drop Dead Legs are probably fine for him. Little Dreamer would be great.
    I haven't heard him attempt to sing anything lately. Maybe he did and I didn't hear it. After Strummin' came out I thought an unplugged Dave or VH would have been good but I was in the minority then. If he spoke the lyrics it would sound better than what I've heard from him in those videos.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

If you say so trollshitter. I think Roth said three things in the last full show posted from Buffalo.
      I've only seen his Vegas performances. If he's actually singing on the current tour my opinion might change but if he's still blurting out selected lyrics in a strange voice I'll pass. Good luck in middle school.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

At least I have a day job. If you get one don't became a music critic. You're awful at it......
        That's better but I've heard it before. Got anything original to add?
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I've only seen his Vegas performances. If he's actually singing on the current tour my opinion might change but if he's still blurting out selected lyrics in a strange voice I'll pass. Good luck in middle school.
          So you've got all the answers to something you haven't watched ? I thought you were clueless. The proof is in the pudding.....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He's got all the answers. Just ask him. He probably has front row tickets for Motley Crue & Def Leppard...
            Not unless someone fronts this leech the money...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I don't care how drunk he was. I was there. A lot of people bitched about the long wait between bands before VH finally hit the stage but that's about it. My issues with VH's set was based on how they had changed from the last time I had seen them. I preferred the Jim Dandy version of Dave. Not the MTV version.
              You were there? Okay, if you were you were fucking stoned and drunk as a monkey. Don't pretend that because you were near US Fest that gives you some sort of privileged opinion. I saw Dave in 84', SFW?

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                You were there? Okay, if you were you were fucking stoned and drunk as a monkey. Don't pretend that because you were near US Fest that gives you some sort of privileged opinion. I saw Dave in 84', SFW?
                That was the last time he got his dick wet. Roth squirted water at him.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

That's the thing, he hasn't really performed on a daily basis for 8 years Terry. It's been 3 tours. One was great. Dave almost at his best. Then 2 mediocre ones. Yeah it sucked it happened to him for whatever reason. But he seems to have bounced back pretty good after the first miserable Vegas gig. I'm amazed how people get so hung up on Roth's vocals like he's the only guy out there at an older age struggling a little. Hell since when was Roth ever considered great live anyways ? Maybe that's were it comes from ? So people pile on. But funny you got Joe Elliott & Paul Stanley lip syncing. Don Dokken talking through EVER song on the reunion shows he did with George a few years ago. Talk about awful ! Axl Rose shrieking through half the Guns catalog. Roger Daltrey lost his range 2 decades ago. Bon Jovi ? Don't even get me started on his awful live vocals. Still selling out arenas though right ? YUk. Just watched a newer Scorpions show. He is cooked. Stood there like a statue talking the words. I mean it was so bad I turned it off. Who was better live then him ? Bruce from Maiden maybe ? He is one of the few who still have it. Alice Cooper sounds good. & Paul Rodgers. Who has the crowd sing half the words. I guess that's how he saved his voice ? Dave's voice was horrible in 94 when I saw him. I thought He was cooked. Then he disappeared until 99 and sounded pretty good touring steady up through 2006. I went to see him about 4 times. Ever show he was great. Then somehow he stepped it up another notch for Van Halen for the 07/08 run. Sadly his voice issues seemed like they were not going to get better. But like after 94 they have. As good as 07/08 ? No. But he's doing Just as good as the many other guy's I've mentioned. Yet they all seem to get the free pass. Maybe all that Dave bashing the sisters Van Halen started after he bailed really sunk in with the masses. Talk about the heard following the sheep. Then Hag can't help himself & jumps on board with his delusions of grandeur. Don't even get me started on how great people still think he is live. in closing, My two cents are if you're going to be ripping Roth you should all be on these other bands boards ripping them. I'll start with Robert Plant doing Black Dog country style. Yeah, such integrity Bob. But playing it correctly with Page is sacrilege in his eyes. Spare me.
                  I can dig where you're coming from, and disagree with little of any of it.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

I was neither. The alcohol I drank and the pot I smoked that day wore of way before Van Halen hit the stage. It's not a privileged opinion. It's an educated opinion. I was actually there. I heard the music first hand. I don't have to base my opinion on somebody else's opinion. You saw Dave in 84. SFW?
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

That was the last time he got his dick wet. Roth squirted water at him.
                      He squirted water on me. He must have squirted something else on you. Or in you. Maybe you can talk him into a threesome with you and your pal Nick.
                      Last edited by cadaverdog; 02-09-2020, 06:49 PM.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I was neither. The alcohol I drank and the pot I smoked that day wore of way before Van Halen hit the stage. It's not a privileged opinion. It's an educated opinion. I was actually there. I heard the music first hand. I don't have to base my opinion on somebody else's opinion. You saw Dave in 84. SFW?
                        What you say is shit. Anyone who's seen the video knows Dave was an entertaining basket case, but hardly at the top of his game...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He squirted water on me. He must have squirted something else on you. Or in you. Maybe you can talk him into a threesome with you and your pal Nick.
                          The Dog's prison sexual fantasies coming back out?

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Terry
                            I can dig where you're coming from, and disagree with little of any of it.
                            Of course you don't. Even though every fucking word of it is true. It doesn't fit your agenda in this thread. I'd also bet you're not on all of those bands websites whining about them. I guess you're giving those guys a free pass. Their not Roth. But hey, let's not let the facts change your arguments that Roth has sucked since 2008. Why are you still here ? It's gotta get old whining about it. You should go see Roth. The 45 minutes he plays is less time then you take in a day worried about him with your so called philosophical ramblings. Hell it seems like you should start calling for the abolishment of the Roth Army. IT'S OVER for Mr. Roth if I listen to you guys. I'll be at the show in a few weeks having a good time. You better get to work on your 300th draft of your next bitch session.
                            Last edited by 78/84 guy; 02-09-2020, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

At least cum up with your own material.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                                Veteran
                                • May 2004

He was drunk as fuck that night you knob. Noel Monk writes in his book that he was inconsolable because he thought Van Halen might be done because Dave so so fucked that night...

And WTF would you compare Dave from 1983 to today? Do the Stones suck now too?

Noel Monk never said that at all. Why do you lie?

Show us in the book where he said that. Take your time because you're going to really need to dig to find it.

The little greedy manager said that it was the only bad interview Dave ever did (which is bullshit. Dave was spot on). And the band had their only worst performance.

The greedy little manager is wrong on both counts. Great show and Dave was great.

Dave has sounded like shit sine post-ALAE.

He had a few good moments on YFLM but that was when his voice was clearly shot.

A bit better in 2007-2008.

Unlistenable ever since.

He did also have an upswing in 2002.

Cadaverdog is right. He doesn't even fucking try to sing anymore. Because he cannot.

I could out-sing him and I have never sung a note in my life.

Just because Bon Jovi and whoever else cannot sing either, it doesn't mean Dave cab. Dave does not even try,

Steven Tyler sounds better than ever and he;s how old?

Comment

Working...