X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hellraiser!!
    Head Fluffer
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
    I was a huge KISS fan and all I can say is that "KISS" these days is a fucking joke.

Saw them on American Idol last night.
    I will not watch this American Idol thing, cause I still have some hope on their new album!!!

WTF? I even bought Gene Simmons - Asshole and Paul Stanley - Live to Win, and actually dig a lot of stuff from those discs...
    www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
      Kiss and Aerosmith. Like two old whores on the street corner that should have retired years ago but they keep on selling. The Stones as well...."I know..we're too fuckin' old...but we like it -money, yes we do."
      take the stones from the list...they are in a far different league than Kiss and aeroshit...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
        I will not watch this American Idol thing, cause I still have some hope on their new album!!!

WTF? I even bought Gene Simmons - Asshole and Paul Stanley - Live to Win, and actually dig a lot of stuff from those discs...
        Dude, KISS haven't put out anything of worth since 1992!

And I'd say another ten years BEFORE that.

KISS aint a band anymore and haven't been for years.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Recently Tommy Thayer, lead guitarist in KISS, talked to Guitarra Total, a Spanish music magazine. He revealed he's going to sing lead on the next KISS studio album: "It's a great tune, there is something that people missed, and thst's I am a good singer, I am a good vocalist. I have much experience, but I've never been a solo singer. My voice works well on that and I think people will be surprised. The band is working on a song called 'Rotten To The Core' but it is not the old one. We are recording all new songs. All four of us are involved. It will be the best KISS album in a long time. For what concern new possible costumes for the fall tour a decision will be taken soon."

Comment

• alexpgrimes
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2004

I copied live to win from the library. thought it was terrible.
            If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by alexpgrimes
              I copied live to win from the library. thought it was terrible.

The Pied Piper of Poontang in a library?!?!?

Must be a sign of the apocalypse.

Comment

• Top Jimmy
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2004

are you fucking kidding me?!?!!

latest item from ki$$:

Comment

• indeedido
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

Paul and Gene have their signature axes here, but Ace with an explorer and no Les Paul? Come on!
                  This space for rent.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

meet 'n greets for the tour are $750...and that does NOT include a ticket to the show.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Top Jimmy
                      latest item from ki$$:
                      That was the latest item... you have to wake up early to keep up with the KISS Merch Stand...

Coming soon for your favorite sociopathic serial killer friends

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                        That was the latest item... you have to wake up early to keep up with the KISS Merch Stand...

Coming soon for your favorite sociopathic serial killer friends

I bet I know someone who would dig the blade...
                        Last edited by twonabomber; 06-09-2009, 10:21 AM. Reason: because if you're gonna make a joke you gotta do it right...
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

ACE FREHLEY Completes Work On 'Anomaly'; Final Track Listing Revealed - June 15, 2009
                          Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley has completed work on his new solo album, "Anomaly". The CD was produced and recorded in Westchester County, New York between 2007 and 2009 and was mixed in Los Angeles by Marti Frederiksen, who has previously worked with AEROSMITH and DEF LEPPARD, among many others.

Commented Frehley: "Mixed, mastered... done!!!!! It clocks in as one full hour of new music... I'm waiting for my distribution company to get me solid release dates that we can decide on. I want 'Anomaly' to be available to you in every store around the world that sells CDs these days (and that number is shrinking). Digitally, 'Anomaly' will be available on iTunes (with an exclusive bonus album-only track!!)."

"Anomaly" official track listing:

01. Foxy & Free
                          02. Outer Space
                          03. Pain In The Neck
                          04. Fox On The Run
                          05. Genghis Khan
                          06. Too Many Faces
                          07. Change The World
                          08. Space Bear
                          09. A Little Below The Angels
                          10. Sister
                          11. It's A Great Life
                          12. Fractured Quantum
                          13. The Return of Space Bear (Dedicated to Tom Snyder) (iTunes exclusive)

Check out the cover artwork below.

Video footage of Ace Frehley laying down a solo on one of his new tracks, "Pain In The Neck", in the recording studio can be viewed below. Ace says, "I've been tweaking the solo and this is pretty close to what you'll hear on the [upcoming Frehley solo] album."

In an early 2008 interview with Billboard, Frehley stated about the CD, "Basically, I'm trying to get back into the mindset I was in when I did my first solo record [1978's 'Ace Frehley']. That record seemed to have all the elements everybody liked — a real cool instrumental, a hit single, some real heavy rockers, a nice variety of different genres of music."

Among his favorite new tracks are "A Little Below The Angels", hard-rocking "Pain In The Neck" and an instrumental called "Fractured Quantum", which is a follow-up to his previous instrumentals "Fractured Mirror" and "Fractured Too". Another favorite is "groove song" titled "Genghis Khan", which he likens in tone to LED ZEPPELIN's "Kashmir".

Frehley last year spent time on the road fronting a band that featured second guitarist Derrek Hawkins, drummer Scot Coogan (ex-BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION) and bassist Anthony Esposito (ex-LYNCH MOB).

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                            Kiss and Aerosmith. Like two old whores on the street corner that should have retired years ago but they keep on selling. The Stones as well...."I know..we're too fuckin' old...but we like it -money, yes we do."
                            When I think of KISS, Aerosmith and the Rolling Stones these days, I think of them as more business entities than anything else...KISS really only exists now to keep the coffers of Stanley and Simmons full...I don't really see a whole lot of passion with KISS for much else other than making money...am confused as to how one could still be psyched to see the same old classic KISS experience stage show and tunes year after year at this point. What was a great idea in 1996 has outlived its sell by date for me. Can't really get excited over seeing the Stones croak out Satisfaction for the umpteenth million time in some football stadium, either (accompanied by the inevitable "they've still got it" compliments critics attach to the band with each new tour).
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• WACF
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

This is rich...

Gene Simmons Urinal Cakes Popping Up Across The Country | Rock News | Eddie Trunk

16-Jun-09Gene Simmons Urinal Cakes Popping Up Across The Country
                              Submitted by: Dana

Visit KISS' Band Profile Page!

KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons has issued the following update:

"Yep. For all of you who have always wanted to pee on my face!!! Now you can."

"A&E has put 'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' urinal cakes throughout the country, featuring my face on the cakes. They're in most bathrooms. Now, for those of you who need detail all you need to do is point your tool into the urinal, hit the 'cake' with your flow and don't be surprised if the urinal cake talks back to you!!!"

"And please, leave the urinal cake in the pee hole for others to enjoy."

"Reports have come in that some of you have been stealing 'em. If so, kindly remember to wash 'em before you take 'em home."

Gene Simmons and his unconventional family are back and better than ever for an all-new season of A&E's hit unscripted series "Gene Simmons Family Jewels". The 15-episode season kicked off on June 7th with Sophie's sweet sixteen party, giving viewers an all-access pass to the milestone celebration.

In addition to Sophie's sweet sixteen, the new season will give viewers a behind-the-scenes look at the entire family's many adventures. From Gene's appearance on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" to Gene filming a Japanese monster movie, to Shannon preparing for a role in a roller derby exploitation film, to Nick getting his own apartment, to Sophie fending off ill-intentioned teenaged boys, viewers will follow the Simmons-Tweed clan as they set out to prove, yet again, why they are the most non-traditional, traditional family in America.

source: blabbermouth.net

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                                Veteran
                                • Jun 2005

Cannot wait for the new Ace solo album. I haven't really been thrilled with anything he has put out since the first Frehley's Comet record. I thought Second Sighting and then the solo Trouble Walkin were lackluster but did have moments. Hopefully, this will be solid cover to cover. Kiss needs at least one representative to make some quality music since Kiss themselves can't seem to do it.
                                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Working...