Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TFM_Dale
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2009

So what will his legacy be? One of the best college coaches ever? Victim of scandal? Part of the Sandusky cover up? I know listening to that fag Millen babble on this morning made me turn the channel so I'm wondering what the typical fan thinks about this.

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

RIP JOE

a sad end to a GREAT career...........

too bad that this is the impression people will have of him...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

He made one egregious error in judgment, and yes, it was serious....

He told his direct supervisor, but he also didn't go to the police....

That doesn't erase 60 years to me.....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I honestly don't have any thoughts on the man.

As a parent, I know that I would have been happy having my son play for Penn State up until about a month ago..

...then, had my son played for Penn State at any fucking point past 2002, I'd have hunted him down...and fucking beat him to death for putting my son in that "position" without doing a fucking thing about it. SANDUSKY WAS IN THAT LOCKER ROOM THREE MONTHS AGO according to members on the coaching staff...

...and the statement that Paterno gave a couple of weeks ago was just sickening and wrong...he didn't understand...WASN'T THAT HIS FUCKING JOB?

I do hope he rests in peace....and growing up some in PA, it's hard to believe he's gone...and sad how the past few months have gone...

but in the end...after at least 2002..a lot of this was his own doing. Had he done his due diligence and at least asked his sons what the fuck was going on, maybe none of this woulda happened...

just sad...his legacy SHOULDN'T be about just his 50 year tenure...and it should always end with a discussion of his mistakes at the end...

RIP...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            He made one egregious error in judgment, and yes, it was serious....

He told his direct supervisor, but he also go to the police....

That doesn't erase 60 years to me.....
            It comes close...like I said...if my son plays for the man after 2002, and I find out that Sandusky continued to use that locker room (as he did), and continued to be around the kids (as he was), I'd feel different. It's amazing to me that there aren't more people that aren't in that situation that aren't coming out. It's likely out of fear because of the cult of personality in happy valley (which is in many...many places, including Columbus, by the way).

Great football coach...but no way you can ever talk about one now...without the other...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• chi-town324
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Feb 2007

children were RAPED in HIS lockeroom, and he knew about it and did really nothing...hes a fuckin scumbag as far as i am concerned. That will be his legacy.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by chi-town324
                children were RAPED in HIS lockeroom, and he knew about it and did really nothing...hes a fuckin scumbag as far as i am concerned. That will be his legacy.
                That will be his legacy most everywhere...except for Happy Valley...

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

It makes me think..."What would BO have done"?

Schembechler had his faults...."Couldn't win the big one" "No National Championships".....but his program was run with integrity...

Years after he was out...I was working for a minor League Hockey team in MI & the "Bo & Brandy" radio show was broadcast from our facility...

Somebody called in and asked bout the MICHIGAN Basketball scandals...which had taken place years ago...BO was old & near the end...and SO much milder than he was when he coached...He got FCUKING BENT & RANTED like he was getting ready for a MICHIGAN vs OHIO STATE BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.....

Joe KNEW better...and should have DONE BETTER.......

it will always be part of his legacy

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

Maybe having his legacy tarnished by scandal at the end will help current and future coaches make the right decisions in the future? Maybe it will make all the money hungry sports programs at the big universities see the big picture and realize sports are just a part of their colleges and not the sole reason they are there? As long as this whole Sandusky scandal has been on the news and factoring in how much longer it will continue to be in the news everyone's eyes should now be open for signs that shit like this is happening, just hope it lingers in minds long enough to keep everyone's eyes open for it. The fact that a major sports figure like Paterno was affected by all this made it more relevant to alot of people that ignore everything but sports news and maybe in the end that isn't all bad and some good can come from this whole fucked up story. RIP Joe, God bless all the victims of this scandal, and rot in Hell while being butt fucked by satan Sandusky.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree that he should have done more.....

But my only point is that if you're going to point the finger at JoePa, then you MUST ALSO point the finger at everyone else in the administration's chain of command, such as the Athletic Director, President, EVERYONE....

All I see is people pointing ONLY to JoePa, and that's completely wrong....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Rest In Peace, Joe.
                        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Well...in fairness...who do you think would have generated the biggest hammer in happy valley in 2002?.....hell...in the past 60 years?...

While many...many people dropped the ball, so did JoePa...and he's been the center of the PSU universe since I was born...so of course he's going to take the brunt...fair or not...

...but seriously...in a game of molestation...is there more or less blame for anyone with knowledge?

At the top of the heap is Sandusky...who should be killed...

in the middle of the heap is everyone else, and fair or not...once JoePa found out, he moves ahead of everyone. No way he thought "going up" the chain of command was the right thing to do (he knew full fucking well the power he had)...and if he really believed that...then what I've been saying for the past ten years is true...he shouldn't have been running that program...if he truly was...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by chi-town324
                            That's a fact !! A FACT he knew about !!! And did nothing about because it might hurt HIS football program !! Fuck him. PIECE OF SHIT !! Case closed.
                            Last edited by 78/84 guy; 01-22-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• knuckleboner
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

the best that one can say about joe paterno is that his job in football mattered more than anything and it led him to excel. the worst one can say about joe paterno is that his job in football mattered more than anything and it led him to ignore his responsibility as a person. in the end, he won a lot of football games. i hope that was worth the cost in his humanity.

Comment

• WARF
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Everyone at PEDO STATE involved with this cover-up should be castrated!

McQUEER should be castrated as well for not reporting anything immediately and NOT beating the shit out of that piece of shit molester on the spot for what he saw in the locker room!!

This whole thing just leaves a bad taste in your mouth...

Fuck them all...

=WARF=

Comment

Working...