X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Unchainme
    it's very rare that this sort of thing even remotely works in the first place..

only one coming to mind are AIC and AC/DC, and both wern't nearly as good.

though I'm curious "Teddy Boy's" and FORD's take on Duvall.
    Man i love bon, but fuck brian Johnson kicks ass still ,,,ACDC are the exception to the rule cos both singers are/were great .... But brian Johnson live is rock n roll ......IMHO
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by So this is love
      Humm you mean like Van Halen featuring Sammy Hagar or Gary Cherone ???? Naaa it doesn`t sound right.. ``I`m ready Splash``
      Van Halen reforming without David lee Roth is like Elvis reforming without Elvis
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VanHalener
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Panamark
        I saw the geekiest looking middle aged dork absolutely nail "somebody to love"
        on a talent show here called "Australias got Talent"....
        I agree this other guy is another blown chance.
        Not the same song, but...
        Singing starts at 1:30
        ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Queen are done and the fork is rusty...

RIP Freddie

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
            American Idol isn't rock, it's schmaltzy pop shit. i like a finely crafted, harmless pop song, but that shit is just...shit.

i still say Tyler is only on there because he has his own (new when he signed to AI) manager and the guy is trying to make a name for himself, and maximize his cut of Tyler's activities. and, unlike Van Halen, if there ever is another Aerosmith record, it'll be full of songs that other people wrote.
            Simon Cowell is a fucking cunt. period.

The fuckface is trying to team up with Will Smith, and create a show about dj's. Now, I'm a recent EDM music convert...to try to even remotely turn it into his shitty coca-cola/mcdonalds type of mass produced shit is an insult to the genre, and music itself.

I wish nothing but ill-will against that guy, for what he did to music is a fucking crime that only sammy hagar has matched.
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• VanHalener
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Mr Walker
              For those who haven't seen it, there is an excellent Queen documentary that was just released on blu ray/DVD called 'The Days Of Our Lives' taken from a BBC documentary. I highly recommend it...

Rest in Peace dude.

Thumbs down to that pole sitter, Lambert.
              Last edited by VanHalener; 02-05-2012, 04:12 PM.
              ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                Simon Cowell is a fucking cunt. period.

The fuckface is trying to team up with Will Smith, and create a show about dj's. Now, I'm a recent EDM music convert...to try to even remotely turn it into his shitty coca-cola/mcdonalds type of mass produced shit is an insult to the genre, and music itself.

I wish nothing but ill-will against that guy, for what he did to music is a fucking crime that only sammy hagar has matched.
                People enjoy two things. Watching the underdog win and watching people who suck getting ruthlessly torn down. Simon fills the roll of the asshole who will humiliate someone and that is part of what everyone is tuning in to watch. People with small minds that is.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  People enjoy two things. Watching the underdog win and watching people who suck getting ruthlessly torn down. Simon fills the roll of the asshole who will humiliate someone and that is part of what everyone is tuning in to watch. People with small minds that is.
                  Exactly.

Is this where we are in society, where we don't get enjoyment out of truly talented people who can do their craft well, and now we're reduced to laughing at other people's humiliation. fucking pathetic. Fuck corporations for taking over our radio and our tv, and just leaving us with this fucking garbage.

Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

I saw this guy on American Idiot doing a Elvis tune or something and thought he was ok. Didn't he play with Queen on there ?? It's stupid. The Paul Rodgers thing was cool but this is like trying too replace Mercury with the same guy !! I hope they put his name in front of it like they did with Rodgers !!

Comment

• Coyote
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

The desperation is peculiarly strong in May & Taylor, if they really think a silly stunt like this would raise them back to "the top"...
                      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

This notion is ridiculous to the point of laughable.

I thought Brian May had retired to become a full-time astrophysicist or some such science genius?

Adam Lambert's an asshole, with marginal talent.

If Queen wanted to do something cool they should have recruited George Michael to be the new singer after the performance at the Freddie tribute show a number of years ago. Sure, he's a glory hole queen...but he sang THE SHIT out of "Somebody to Love" at that show.

And who knows.....maybe it would have saved George from getting to the state he's in these days.....

Originally posted by perilouspete
                        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by VanHalener
                          Not the same song, but...
                          Singing starts at 1:30
                          Wow...get that guy in a Tribute band! Well done!

But...QUEEN died with Freddie!!!

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

1 show CONFIRMED. Hopefully just a 1-off thing. I won't really mind that.

Adam Lambert's 2009 collaboration with Queen was arguably one of the best "American Idol" finale performances ever, and when Adam reunited with Queen's Brian May and Roger Taylor at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Belfast last November, that astoundingly awesome performance renewed fans' hope for even more "Queenbert" duets. And now, after week of [...]

He Will Rock You: Adam Lambert Finally Confirms Queen Performance at Sonisphere Festival

Adam Lambert's 2009 collaboration with Queen was arguably one of the best "American Idol" finale performances ever, and when Adam reunited with Queen's Brian May and Roger Taylor at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Belfast last November, that astoundingly awesome performance renewed fans' hope for even more "Queenbert" duets. And now, after week of rumors, Adam has revealed that he will soon be fronting Queen again, at Britain's Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park on July 7.

"I can finally confirm: I have been invited by Queen to sing one very special concert!" Adam tweeted Monday morning. "Sorry to be coy about the details the past few weeks, but I made a promise to keep it under wraps as best I could. Gonna be a surreal night!"

The "Queenbert" Sonisphere concert will actually mark Queen's triumphant return to the setting of their final 1986 concert with the late, great Freddie Mercury--which makes the occasion even more auspicious for all parties involved.

"Judging by my incoming mail, this decision will make a lot of people very happy," said Queen guitarist Brian May in a press release announcing July's Sonisphere appearance. "It's a worthy challenge for us, and I'm sure Adam would meet with Freddie's approval! And what better place to revisit, and walk those emotional paths than Knebworth? It will be a rush."

Now excuse me, while I rush over to Yahoo! Travel to book my U.K. flight...

In the meantime, watch Adam's 2011 EMAs performance with Queen, alongside the original Queen lineup's legendary 1986 Knebworth performance, below. I personally appreciate the fact that while Adam easily nails every single Mercury-rising high note in the Queen catalog, he never tries to be a Freddie copycat; he's always himself, which is actually the most respectful way he--or any guest Queen singer--could ever honor the memory of an icon as unique as Freddie
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Golden AWe
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                              This notion is ridiculous to the point of laughable.

I thought Brian May had retired to become a full-time astrophysicist or some such science genius?

Adam Lambert's an asshole, with marginal talent.

If Queen wanted to do something cool they should have recruited George Michael to be the new singer after the performance at the Freddie tribute show a number of years ago. Sure, he's a glory hole queen...but he sang THE SHIT out of "Somebody to Love" at that show.

And who knows.....maybe it would have saved George from getting to the state he's in these days.....
                              YES! this is probably the best tribute moment EVER!
                              Originally posted by Cato
                              Golden, why are you FAT?
                              Originally posted by lesfunk
                              Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Panamark
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Thats not the clip I mentioned earlier in the thread, but Im still looking.........
                                It was another guy again.
                                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...