Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
      Then why were you opposed to getting affordable health care......health care costs cripples small businesses, you idiot
      I'm not...

What I am opposed to is the federal government being involved in healthcare...

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Yeah, me too....because the industry policing themselves has worked out great......
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          With the private sector employment dried up there's no way to sustain the bloated government...

Wisconsin is just the beginning and I say bring it on...
          So you admit there are no private sector jobs available, and yet you want public employees to lose their jobs?

And even then, you would probably oppose them getting unemployment compensation.

Exactly how the fuck do you propose that people earn a living?
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

One thing I'd like the government is to support small business and create an environment where a local business can stand on it's own and be able to make ends meet with healthy competition with overseas companies...

Huge tariffs should be imposed on the junk that is flooding the market from China...

I for one am willing to pay more for a quality item...

A fair playing field encourages quality and competition...
            Inflation would rise like a banana republic and your economy would collapse.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
              So you admit there are no private sector jobs available, and yet you want public employees to lose their jobs?

And even then, you would probably oppose them getting unemployment compensation.

Exactly how the fuck do you propose that people earn a living?
              I don't know, but you can't keep paying people with money that is not there...

You seem to have zero ability to let that sink in...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Inflation would rise like a banana republic and your economy would collapse.
                It's a house of cards now...

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

One thing I'd like the government is to support small business and create an environment where a local business can stand on it's own and be able to make ends meet with healthy competition with overseas companies...

Huge tariffs should be imposed on the junk that is flooding the market from China...

I for one am willing to pay more for a quality item...

A fair playing field encourages quality and competition...
                  So you agree with me that all taxes and regulations should be rolled back to 1980 levels, and that all "too big to fail" corporations should be broken up by the courts, as Republican President Teddy Roosevelt would have done?

Because that (along with the tarriffs) is the only thing that is going to allow small business to have anything approximating a fair playing field.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                    Then why were you opposed to getting affordable health care......health care costs cripples small businesses, you idiot
                    Obamacare is affordable health care? Maybe you should read the law and see how much it's going to cost us. I told Ford I might go for single payer if it's paid for out of the military budget. Right now small businesses don't provide health care because they can't afford to do so. Obamacare will force them to but they will just pay the $2000 penalty on each employee so they still won't have healthcare but the employer will have to pay all that money.

The real problem is across the board corruption. You can't trust the insurance companies and you can't trust the current government. As things stand now, you are really on your own. It's the old west again.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                      So you agree with me that all taxes and regulations should be rolled back to 1980 levels, and that all "too big to fail" corporations should be broken up by the courts, as Republican President Teddy Roosevelt would have done?

Because that (along with the tarriffs) is the only thing that is going to allow small business to have anything approximating a fair playing field.
                      There should be no such thing as too big to fail...

GM should have been left on their own, for instance...

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I don't know, but you can't keep paying people with money that is not there...

You seem to have zero ability to let that sink in...
                        Then get the money back from the rich fucks who STOLE it, and stop wasting it on global fascism.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Who do you think stole it ??

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There should be no such thing as too big to fail...

GM should have been left on their own, for instance...
                            GM was worth saving because they pay living wage jobs and still make something in America. And the government will be out of the car business very soon.

Chrysler as well, though I would have preferred American ownership, for obvious reasons (money going to Germany, or Italy, or where ever. Same with the Honda and Toyota plants in the US.)
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Single payer may work if we get some decent people back into office and we watch them like hawks so they don't get bought off. If the country lasts that long.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Who do you think stole it ??
                                Ask Warren Buffett.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...