Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Guitar World Comes Through Again! Awesome VH Cover Story In New Issue!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    The film industry is pretty much mobile. They can move around and shop the best deal for their shoots. If they didn't need big name actors to market the movies with it probably would all be done in a graphics studio like a cartoon.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 11:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Cool interview
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    A wise decision. Besides, you can always talk to trees from inside the comfort of your air conditioned home with the use of sign language through the bay window.
    Thanks... Funny you should mention that. I have a hickory tree in my back yard that we topped about 10 years ago. It's grown back up and is blocking about 20% of my view of the lake. I keep sending it death threats but it's not paying attention... This fall after the leaves drop me and Mr Chainsaw will be dropping by for dinner. I hate to drop such proud and pretty tree but my million dollar view trumps the environmental impact. I think I'll name it Stumpy after that...

4. 2 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (06-21-2012),mh5150 (06-22-2012)

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-26-2018 @ 11:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=TJMKID;1664637]

I'm not a trained musician --- but the nature of bass playing is to shrink into the background and anchor down the rhythm section.

Don't ever tell Mark King, bassist, leader, singer and songwriter for Level 42, that the nature of bass playing is to shrink into the background.

Listen to "Guaranteed", "Hot Water" or any number of their songs to know it is definitely full-on FUNK!!

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Instead of talking about cum, dongs dicks and the like, can anyone actually post the Eddie Interview?

7. 3 users say thank you to Nigel for this KICKASS post:

mh5150 (06-22-2012),NIN1211 (06-21-2012),Nitro Express (06-22-2012)

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Angel they have a thanks but if they had a standing o I'd give it to you, you rock

Yes he does like to put words into a womans mouth because he has failed at getting his cock into ones.

And no your mommy on prom night drunk pity suck off that she fell asleep in the middle doesnt count tj,.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Thanks... Funny you should mention that. I have a hickory tree in my back yard that we topped about 10 years ago. It's grown back up and is blocking about 20% of my view of the lake. I keep sending it death threats but it's not paying attention... This fall after the leaves drop me and Mr Chainsaw will be dropping by for dinner. I hate to drop such proud and pretty tree but my million dollar view trumps the environmental impact. I think I'll name it Stumpy after that...
    We just put in all new hickory flooring and cabinets in our kitchen. That proud tree can look good on someone's floor and be useful.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Nigel;1664674]
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post

I'm not a trained musician --- but the nature of bass playing is to shrink into the background and anchor down the rhythm section.

Don't ever tell Mark King, bassist, leader, singer and songwriter for Level 42, that the nature of bass playing is to shrink into the background.

Listen to "Guaranteed", "Hot Water" or any number of their songs to know it is definitely full-on FUNK!!
    I'm a bass player and the bass does a lot of things depending on the song. Sometimes it is a lead instrument. Sometimes you keep the song rolling along, other times you add some flavor to the drums. The best way to describe what a bass player does is to remove the bass track from any song you play and you will find out quick what we add to the music. It's more than most people think.

11. 2 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Dave's Bitch (06-22-2012),DLR Bridge (06-22-2012)

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-05-2023 @ 02:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    We just put in all new hickory flooring and cabinets in our kitchen. That proud tree can look good on someone's floor and be useful.
    As a former carpenter (and Son of the Guy who created the Hickory tree) I must agree it's a good choice of wood for this purpose. On the other hand, trees are a good thing to keep in thy back yard as well. Shade and oxygen are good things, right?

13. Thanked Jesus Christ for this KICKASS post:

mh5150 (06-22-2012)

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

^^ mate, it was gone after 5 posts!!

16. Thanked ashstralia for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (06-22-2012)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Do you realize how stupid you sound when you say stuff like this ??

His backing vocals are a fucking disgrace.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-28-2020 @ 03:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey everyone - I have the article, and I swear I'll try to figure out how to scan it tonight. No promises, 'cause I'm not great with technology! Here's a couple of quotes I thought you'd all appreciate...

EVH - "Working with Dave again was like we had never left each other. It was that comfortable. We've known each other since high school. When you have old friends, five or six years can go by when you don't see each other, but you just pick up where you left off."

EVH - "We ended up recording demos for 35 songs." (!!!!)

Eddie credits Wolf for coming up with the arrangement for "Stay Frosty" - says "When Dave wrote it, it was just an acoustic thing like it is on the intro. Wolf turned it into what it is."

GW - "You haven't played some of those songs for 28 years or more. Did you have trouble remembering them?"
    EVH - "That's why we do soundcheck every night. The next couple of songs that we're trying to work in are 'Light Up the Sky' and 'As Is'. We'll figure out the right time to do them. It's fun. We played 'Hang Em High' for the first time during soundcheck. That song is wicked. It has so many changes, there is so much shit going on, and it's fast. If you slip up once, the whole song is fucked. After we did it, we were all looking at each other and going, 'What do you think guys? Should we take a chance?' And it was Dave of all people who said, 'Fuck yeah! Let's go out there and do it.' I thought he was going to say no. He said, 'What's the worst thing that could happen?' We played it great."

There's more - I gotta get ready for work - I promise I'll try the scanner tonight!

19. 12 users say thank you to Momshell for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (06-22-2012),bantonelli (06-25-2012),DLR'sCock (06-22-2012),ELVIS (06-22-2012),Halen High (06-22-2012),jero (06-22-2012),jhale667 (06-22-2012),moose (06-22-2012),Nigel (06-22-2012),sadsy (06-22-2012),vandeleur (06-22-2012),Zempi (06-22-2012)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2015 @ 08:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

A new album next year? What a thought. I've always believed that Eddie wants Wolfie to be a major part of Van Halen's legacy and this will require more than one (great) album and a couple of tours. Eddie and Dave are a prolific songwriting team and apparently Wolfie also has some talent in this area - so we could be in for an amazing ride in the coming years. I just hope they can squeeze in a tour Down Under.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2015 @ 08:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    ^^ mate, it was gone after 5 posts!!
    How ya goin Ash?

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halen High View Post
    A new album next year? What a thought. I've always believed that Eddie wants Wolfie to be a major part of Van Halen's legacy and this will require more than one (great) album and a couple of tours. Eddie and Dave are a prolific songwriting team and apparently Wolfie also has some talent in this area - so we could be in for an amazing ride in the coming years. I just hope they can squeeze in a tour Down Under.
    Pro wolf comment. Queuing TJMKID in 5...4....3...2...1

23. 3 users say thank you to Dave's Bitch for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (06-22-2012),vandeleur (06-22-2012)

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Halen High View Post
    Another new record that quick?

That would be fucking mindblowing....

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I wonder if they will touch up the remaining demo's from ADKOT or if they will be able to squeeze one or two new one's out together.I would guess the first given such a short time frame

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-10-2015 @ 11:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Momshell View Post
    Hey everyone - I have the article, and I swear I'll try to figure out how to scan it tonight. No promises, 'cause I'm not great with technology! Here's a couple of quotes I thought you'd all appreciate...

EVH - "Working with Dave again was like we had never left each other. It was that comfortable. We've known each other since high school. When you have old friends, five or six years can go by when you don't see each other, but you just pick up where you left off."

EVH - "We ended up recording demos for 35 songs." (!!!!)

Eddie credits Wolf for coming up with the arrangement for "Stay Frosty" - says "When Dave wrote it, it was just an acoustic thing like it is on the intro. Wolf turned it into what it is."

GW - "You haven't played some of those songs for 28 years or more. Did you have trouble remembering them?"
    EVH - "That's why we do soundcheck every night. The next couple of songs that we're trying to work in are 'Light Up the Sky' and 'As Is'. We'll figure out the right time to do them. It's fun. We played 'Hang Em High' for the first time during soundcheck. That song is wicked. It has so many changes, there is so much shit going on, and it's fast. If you slip up once, the whole song is fucked. After we did it, we were all looking at each other and going, 'What do you think guys? Should we take a chance?' And it was Dave of all people who said, 'Fuck yeah! Let's go out there and do it.' I thought he was going to say no. He said, 'What's the worst thing that could happen?' We played it great."

There's more - I gotta get ready for work - I promise I'll try the scanner tonight!

Sounds like great news!

27. Thanked DLR'sCock for this KICKASS post:

moose (06-22-2012)

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Cool Dave Speaks Out in his own way!!

An Open Letter to TJMKID:

"You got the Blues, not Me, I'm Act One, King of the Hill, The Right Tool for The Job. I Made Up My Mind. Now that I'm back in Van Halen, to Stay While The Night is Young. She's My Machine!

I used to Bump & Grind, but some people think I'm doin' the Dogtown Shuffle with Sensible Shoes. Every night is no Weekend with The Babysitter, but That's Life! When you're great, you're Tight, You're Breathin It; Shoo Bop!!

We're older emotionally and physically. To Tell The Truth, If 6 was 9, that would be 99 and 40 Below that is Al's age. Hey, I'm Easy, I'm no Drop in the Bucket!

Wolfie's gaining Experience, but he's a Shyboy and loves a Hot Dog & and a Shake and drinks Thug Pop like it was Medicine Man! A Lil' Ain't Enough obviously but Eat Em and Smile, I says, Let it All Hang Out!

But he's totally in the Soul Kitchen cos when It's Showtime, he'll Stand Up to his family name and Counter Blast the Bottom Line like a Hammerhead Shark.

That Baby's On Fire, that stealth bass in Perfect Timing. His Elephant Gun is Damn Good, especially on That Beatles Tune (Beats Workin') on our new Big Train album.

A while ago, we were in some Cheatin' Heart Cafe, enjoying some Nightlife. Let's face it, he'll never be a male stripper at "Ladie's Night in Buffalo" and I'm still Just A Gigolo and I see this chick
    and She's Looking Good, skin color of Black Sand and I says; "Hey Hot Stuff, Lose the Dress, Keep The Shoes"!!

Under a Black Light, Two Fools A Minute are Goin' Crazy, sending over drinks and yelling "Hey Wolfie, Shoot It, it's Last Call, Hey, You Never Know with A Little Luck, you might meet Lady Luck. (Or perhaps get some leg tonight for sure!).

Well, Van Heineken or not, it wasn't a Slam Dunk, but they were Relentless, Indeedido.

See, Wolfie didn't go down Tobacco Road, like his dad ( a Bad Habit), so he's on Easy Street, shagging California Girls in his Skyscraper!

Wa Wa Zat!?, I says, Don't Piss Me Off, shut Your Filthy Little Mouth cos I'm wearing a cup (courtesy of Alex), and you're in Big Trouble and Going Places, (like Land's Edge). (Although I dropped a mike stand in Phoenix and it still hurts right down to my Knucklebones). No Big Ting'

Now that we're on a break, I'm off to Tahiti to get some Sunburn on my assless chaps with Hina, my new Yankee Rose. I'm sure it'll be Just Like Paradise!!

29. 4 users say thank you to Nigel for this KICKASS post:

Angel (06-22-2012),bantonelli (06-25-2012),Momshell (06-22-2012),Yount (06-22-2012)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Hina is a guy...

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2013 @ 12:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I have always wondered about guys like you, with reactions like yours....

And yet ---- nobody in the world has heard even one original line of music from the kid genius ---- but his Daddy already composed 50+ killer rock tunes at the same age.

Some of you are slurping on Wolfie's sack a little too long and hard ---- unhinge thy lips and breathe some reality for once!
    First, why is that when someone posts something you, no official source of any kind, immediatly has homosexual thoughts? I mean, we are talking about Van halen, and the first reaction, the first thought that immediatly pops up in your head, is having another man's cock, or balls, in someone else's mouth. If you are homosexual and have previously announced it here, I may have missed it, so my apologies if i didn't see your post. I pretty much have figured guys like you out. You react like this because you have an obvious inferiority complex. Perhaps you are very short, unattracive, or most probably unsuccessful in life and career. Most other stable, heterosexual guys that I know have no problem with varying opinions. So I think we have concluded by your remarks that you lack confidence, self worth, security, and most likely have supressed homosexual fantasies. Wolfie's penis or nutsack have never crossed my mind, yet they seem to be right on the tip of your tongue, no? Incidentally, I'm pretty sure the other poster was talking about Wolfie's influence in getting the band back together, and being a vocal leader is helping pull everyone together. These are admirable qualities for a young man, living in the shadow of duel greatness. But while the rest of us normal, stable, straight people admire this young man's tenacity, you decide to focus on his genitals and lack of platinum albums at 21 years old. But hey, whatever is your bag, man. I prefer chicks with boobs and vaginas myself. But I shouldn't judge. I suppose some guys are into 21 year cock and balls.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Hina is a guy...
    It literally means "girl", but in Dave's case would mean Polynesian Love Goddess.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Or pooftah...

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-05-2023 @ 02:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Gregory, are ye bearing false witness again?

35. Thanked Jesus Christ for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (06-24-2012)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robg8888 View Post
    But hey, whatever is your bag, man. I prefer chicks with boobs and vaginas myself...
    Be very careful with generalizations. Remember, just because a person happens to have breasts and a vagina does not necessarily immediately make that person a woman.

fourthcoming
    Come on Chef, I just had lunch dude!!!! Talk about irony....I just enjoyed a chef salad, and it's Chef who is going to make me regurgitate it with that picture of Rosie O'Donnell.....Transgender Barbie is smoking hot by comparison.
    Last edited by fourthcoming; 06-22-2012 at 01:04 PM.

38. Thanked fourthcoming for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (06-22-2012)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Exclamation What has been seen cannot be unseen... MY EYES (again)!

Great...and the retinal scarring from the LAST time I saw that disgusting Rosie O'Donnell pic was just starting to heal...

40. 2 users say thank you to jhale667 for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (06-22-2012)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fourthcoming View Post
    Come on Chef, I just had lunch dude!!!! Talk about irony....I just enjoyed a chef salad, and it's Chef who is going to make me regurgitate it with that picture.....Transgender Barbie is smoking hot in comparison.
    At least you get lunch. The electricity is on the fritz in our break room, so the options are limited to take out. And at this time of day, about the only thing available is fucking Little Caesarian's pizza.

42. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

fourthcoming
    Now I truly know why Oedipus stuck pins in his eyes........

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    Gregory, are ye bearing false witness again?
    I really do need to break down and buy new glasses. I swear the first time I read that, it said "Greg, are you wearing falsies again?" And I'm the guy you are counting on to give you correct change from a twenty when you pay a late fee.

fourthcoming
    That's a visual Freudian slip.......

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    An Open Letter to TJMKID:

I used to Bump & Grind, but some people think I'm doin' the Dogtown Shuffle with Sensible Shoes.
    Yeah if only.

47. Thanked Sensible Shoes for this KICKASS post:

Momshell (06-22-2012)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now I truly know why Oedipus stuck pins in his eyes........
    Probably explains the whole "Eddie Van Halen rubbing lemons in his eyes" routine from that abortive 2004 "Utter Suckfest/Crap-o-rama" tour, as well.

Last edited by chefcraig; 06-22-2012 at 01:29 PM.

fourthcoming
    Haa.....well said, funny pic

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That's a visual Freudian slip.......
    Or an indirect commentary upon the customers I've been getting lately. Six of one, half a dozen of the other...

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-31-2013 @ 09:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Ha ha ha! Great Nigel great! I saw tits tonight I say! That's right! Knockers!

Independent's day as I raise A Toast... With the top down 60 and smile "I'm only in it for the photo" you say as you drape back on the couch, your arms over the back, yeah! I held a shooting star, we's redline deadline babe, stick it out third time aground in the 2K!

52. Thanked Yount for this KICKASS post:

Nigel (06-22-2012)

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

This is one reason Rosie Odonnel has always been in my list of 5 women on a deserted island. I chose the 5 most annoying bitches to be there. The I swim away to be eaten by sharks but the rest of the free world is saved while those 5 women rot & argue with each other on the island.

Rosie Odonnel
    Janine Garafalo
    Barbara Walters
    Kim Kardashian
    Michelle Maddow

List is a few years old. I need to update it. AND OF COURSE! I would give a couple of them a poke before I swam off to be chum. I may want them gone forever but that doesn't mean I wouldn't hit it. Rosie is the only constant from that list. Madonna was there for a while but she's been off for several years.

*My dream deserted island to actually live on has Martha Stewart as 1 of the 5. Someone to cook & make a kick ass shack.

Eddie Van Halen was in Guitar World?

fourthcoming
    No Ann Coulter?

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    How about LaToya Jackson, Ellen DeGenerate, Sarah Palin, Candy Crowley (from CNN) and even Anderson Cooper who could relentlessly ask

cross-examining type questions while everyone throws themselves into the sharks den. Keep Sarah back and protect her for a quick fuck then have a Black Bear maul her like a salmon.

Thread Information