• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philouze
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

I've just watched Panama.
    Way, way better than what I expected.
    See the results when Dave doesn't try to outsing himself?

If he sings like that on the next tour, you attendees are in for a treat.

Regarding the Hagar comments, I don't give a shit. They've always been there, and they'll always be.

Better keep your eye on the stage, people. Cause this is where it's at.

Comment

• Carloscda
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2009

Speaking of Hagar where is he? I take it since the performance was great he has no negative BS to say!

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Carloscda
        Speaking of Hagar where is he? I take it since the performance was great he has no negative BS to say!
        Give it time. He will need some effort to down some tequila and a half a box of Fruit Loops in order to formulate a thought, let alone find anyone wanting to hear it.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• philouze
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

Comment

• Jetstream
            Foot Soldier
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by chefcraig
            Give it time. He will need some effort to down some tequila and a half a box of Fruit Loops in order to formulate a thought, let alone find anyone wanting to hear it.
            Yup, and Dave actually did something which he had not done in close to a decade and that is make a direct swing at him with the hamburger helper quote which was brilliant lol
            I got lost in the...

Comment

• Never was
              Foot Soldier
              • May 2012

From RIAA numbers I get Van Halen sold 62 million while Van Hagar sold 21 million. 5150 sold just under 7 million while Balance sold about 3.5. 1984 and their debut sold near 15 million EACH. The numbers are not even close. After a peak of 7 Van Hagar sales declined about 30% per successive album while never having an uptick in sales, each sold less than its predecessor. In regard to peers you can track Van Hagar sales and Poison sales and the numbers actually match within a few hundred thousand. Regardless of opinion on content those are the sales facts and yes RIAA does have geographies not included but Van Hagar was even less of an attraction overseas than Van Halen which is true of Hagar's entire career. Adding those geographies likely only tilts the numbers more in Van Halen's direction. Look at bands from era that have multiple Platinum records, check out that peer group. Van Hagar's sales cohort is Poison. Just let that soak in.

Comment

• fwacf
                Roadie
                • Jul 2004

VAN HALEN
                Is it who sold more records (CD's)-----NO
                Is it Wolfie weight-----NO
                Is it Roth vs Hagar-----Nope
                What was the biggest disappointment beside a live album,that everyone has owned already(via torrent).....ROTH's VOCALS!
                It is what it is... This is the sound right before the death cackle !
                Before you all take out the flame thrower and trash me to kingdom come...I've been true ROTH since 79. First show was Fair Warning in Lakeland Fl. Have seen these guys many times and was there in Atlantic City with most of you a few years back for ADKOT tour. Its not Van Halen or Eat em and smile but it is what it is.
                When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

Comment

• Heater
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Never was
                  From RIAA numbers I get Van Halen sold 62 million while Van Hagar sold 21 million. 5150 sold just under 7 million while Balance sold about 3.5. 1984 and their debut sold near 15 million EACH. The numbers are not even close. After a peak of 7 Van Hagar sales declined about 30% per successive album while never having an uptick in sales, each sold less than its predecessor. In regard to peers you can track Van Hagar sales and Poison sales and the numbers actually match within a few hundred thousand. Regardless of opinion on content those are the sales facts and yes RIAA does have geographies not included but Van Hagar was even less of an attraction overseas than Van Halen which is true of Hagar's entire career. Adding those geographies likely only tilts the numbers more in Van Halen's direction. Look at bands from era that have multiple Platinum records, check out that peer group. Van Hagar's sales cohort is Poison. Just let that soak in.

Meanwhile, each of Dave's solo albums sold more than the previous release, right? No, wrong. In fact, his last solo album sold what 50k? Yikes.
                  Anyway, the Billboard performance is as good as it will get, a few shows into the tour and Roth the Twitchy will be Roth the Screechy.

Comment

• VetteLS5
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Heater
                    Meanwhile, each of Dave's solo albums sold more than the previous release, right? No, wrong. In fact, his last solo album sold what 50k? Yikes.
                    Anyway, the Billboard performance is as good as it will get, a few shows into the tour and Roth the Twitchy will be Roth the Screechy.
                    And you will remain Heater the Douchey. Carry on.

Comment

• Heater
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by TJMKID
                      Sure, after Dave squirts a little of his swagger sauce down her throat.

God knows her mouth and brain aren't of much use to our culture.
                      My God, you are obsessed with Shaky's imagined sex life. Like, really.

Comment

• Never was
                        Foot Soldier
                        • May 2012

No but I have not seen anyone so stupid as to confuse DLR solo as Van Halen trying to say it is the same thing. DLR solo to Sammy solo may make more sense. Van Hagar marketed itself as bigger than ever which simply was false. Your comment is pretty stupid.

Comment

• Anonymous
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by Never was
                          I hope the strong performance is indicative of more rehearsing for this tour because the band was under rehearsed for ADKOT tour.

I'm not big at ripping people on weight But at a certain point with Wolf it becomes a health issue, he has gotten very big. It still amazes me how thin Roth has gotten in recent years.
                          I believe that's what experts in their fields call "morbidly obese".

He's very young to be that big. Not that there's a proper age to get that big, but if he carries on like this, what will happen when he hits his late 30s?

Cheers!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                            what will happen when he hits his late 30s?

Cheers!
                            osteoarthritis, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, sleep apnea, certain types of cancer, skin conditions, gallbladder disease, erectile dysfunction, to name just a few.
                            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

My God, you are obsessed with Shaky's imagined sex life. Like, really.
                              That quote really was a bit... queer.

I do tend to think about spermatozoa & female esophaguses a lot, but it usually involves ME providing the aforementioned ploidy into their digestive tract.

I usually avoid - amazingly, quite effortlessly - bringing ageing male rock stars into said fantasy equation.

BUTT, whatever floats people's boats.

Cheers!

Comment

• Anonymous
                                Banned
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                                osteoarthritis, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, sleep apnea, certain types of cancer, skin conditions, gallbladder disease, erectile dysfunction, to name just a few.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...