Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Cliff Lee will have to wait until next year to get his World Championship, when he's a YANKEE!

Comment

• Bob_R
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
      What happened to Bob_R?

Hoping for a good series.
      Been busy bro. Anyway.

I know exactly why the Yanks lost. Last year I hung up a Yankees flag on my house on or around April 1st and they won the World Series. Took it down right around Thanksgiving.

This year I never put it up.
      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Guitar Shark
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        Cliff Lee is a beast...and he's going to be a Yankee...and it makes me fucking sick...
        I had the pleasure of watching him in a Mariners uniform for the first half of this year. You probably did the same in Cleveland. The guy is incredible. I agree that he'll probably end up in the Bronx, but I'm still clinging to the smallest shred of hope that some other team - ANY other team - will find a way to make him a more attractive offer.
        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
          I had the pleasure of watching him in a Mariners uniform for the first half of this year. You probably did the same in Cleveland. The guy is incredible. I agree that he'll probably end up in the Bronx, but I'm still clinging to the smallest shred of hope that some other team - ANY other team - will find a way to make him a more attractive offer.
          Yeah Shark...he's fucking tenacious. It's ironic...because the same thing that made him the Cy Young winner in 2008...is what sent him to the minors in 2007. He's damn good...the best fucking pitcher in baseball right now...and if he leads Texas to the title, he'll pull in something big...very fucking big...150 or more...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Bob_R
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yeah Shark...he's fucking tenacious. It's ironic...because the same thing that made him the Cy Young winner in 2008...is what sent him to the minors in 2007. He's damn good...the best fucking pitcher in baseball right now...and if he leads Texas to the title, he'll pull in something big...very fucking big...150 or more...
            I think Cliff Lee is an excellent pitcher. But, I think Roy Halladay is the best pitcher. Don't get me wrong Lee is awesome and he pitches in the AL. Much better hitting there than the NL.
            Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bob_R
              I think Cliff Lee is an excellent pitcher. But, I think Roy Halladay is the best pitcher. Don't get me wrong Lee is awesome and he pitches in the AL. Much better hitting there than the NL.
              5-0 lifetime in the playoffs...and 3-0 against the Yanks...

but you can't argue with the regular season...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

So we'll call him the best lefty...

Comment

• Bob_R
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

5-0 lifetime in the playoffs...and 3-0 against the Yanks...

but you can't argue with the regular season...
                  So we'll call him the best lefty...
                  Deal.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

Hopefully we will be calling Lee a Tiger!

Not sure who to root for in the WS. I think it is pretty funny the Giants make it back with no Bonds and the Rangers make it over Gay-rods latest team. With it being the Rangers first time in the WS I'll probably pull for them but unless it is the Tigers I really don't care much, I just watch as a fan of the game.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Jesus, Lincecum barely got out of the first inning alive.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

He may not get out of the second...

Honestly...if Lee wins out in the Series...7-0 in the playoffs?

...and never losing to the Yanks in the big dances?

He ups his money by $20 mil...if he hasn't already...He may give big CC a run for his money...

no pun intended...

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

This must be a mistake! From the box score...

"V Guerrero reached on infield single to first"
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

VLAD HAS REGAINED HIS NEAR 40-40 FORM!!!!!

I wonder what ever happened to Pedro Guerrero?

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

I love that Cliff Lee had an extra base hit (double) too.
                              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• Bob_R
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Do you guys know that Bengie Molina, Texas Rangers catcher who was acquired from the San Francisco Giants on July 1st, gets a ring no matter who wins the series.

I wonder if that's ever happened before?

Comment

Working...