"Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" or "Unchained"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR7884
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Unchained is a song that really fires me up...so it was the obvious choice out of the two.

DLR7884
    Kinda like RATM songs, it makes me want to kick someone's ass.
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• flappo
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

as much as i love fw , there are better tunes and riffs on the album

how aboot so this is love ? arguably vh's all time high point imo

hear aboot it later rocks too , mean street too

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

When I got my first electric guitar my mom also pre-paid for two lessons on the next two Saturdays. The first lesson he taught me how to tune and said "next week, bring in a song you'd like to learn". I knew exactly what I wanted to be able to play. The next week I sat down with the instructor in a tiny sound room lined with speakers & electronics and two small stools to sit on. We hooked up our guitars, he checked my tuning, then I handed him my cassette I had brought. 10 seconds later the opening of ATBL cranked through the system. I could see his head drop a bit thinking "shit, how am I supposed to teach the kid this?" Hey, he said any song, and this is what I wanted to play.

To his credit, he did a fine job showing me how to do it.

btw - his name was Mike, from Music, Music guitar shop in El Cajon, CA (in case he ever finds himself perusing these boards someday)
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Old threads spring up from the dead !!
          Awesome, we didnt totally die !!

Unchained ! By a bee's pube......
          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• blonddgirl777
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love. I love everything about this song, especially the lyrics. But Unchained is excellent as well...
            Last edited by blonddgirl777; 02-13-2009, 12:09 PM.
            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
            Originally posted by Nitro Express
            ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
            Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
            [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
            Originally posted by VanHalener
            ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
            Originally posted by FORD
            ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
              Veteran
              • Apr 2004

Both songs, with 2 blondes.
              http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
              Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
              Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• hotdogtime
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Feb 2009

ATBL may be more the more "famous" track, but to the initiated Unchained is far superior. The syncopation during the bridge kicks ass!

Comment

• Ralphy Lee Fox
                  Roadie
                  • Mar 2010

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
                  "You keep on raining and I'll still be the parade"
                  David Lee Roth

Comment

• VHfan99
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Mar 2010

Aint talking about love is classic but Fair warning kicks ass and Unchained is a mean riff!!!

Comment

• vaijuju
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2008

ATBL is a original riff! Unchained the first time i heard it (1981) , i said damn it sounds a little like Dead or alive!
                      http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

Strictly riff? Unchained.
                        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Anonymous
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

I have to say I kinda like ATBL a little better. The variations in the song, the lyrics, the guitar spots are all extremely good & even though I don't really like the "Hey, hey, hey" at the end, that part can really work to to get everybody in the audience shouting.

Now, 'scuse me while I take a listen to ATBL & follow it up with Unchained.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                            Even EVH thought ATBL was a stupid song when he wrote it.
                            Considering what that twat thought was cool during the late 80s, I think that's actually a compliment to the song.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• SilvioDante
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2004

Unchained....

I am 15 years old at my first VH concert in Evansville, IN in July of '84 (I had the boot until my hard drive crashed, got it here so if anyone has a copy....hint hint...)

Anyway... lights go down... crowd cheers...band starts to noodle around to build the excitement...the Ed begins the opening riff of Unchained... lights hit Dave standing on the drum riser and he hollers "Alright Evansville"... jumps of and does the splits mid air... the second he hits the ground the whole band kicks in and the light come up on stage...

That my friends...... IS rock and roll!
                              "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                                Sniper
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by SilvioDante
                                Unchained....

I am 15 years old at my first VH concert in Evansville, IN in July of '84 (I had the boot until my hard drive crashed, got it here so if anyone has a copy....hint hint...)

Anyway... lights go down... crowd cheers...band starts to noodle around to build the excitement...the Ed begins the opening riff of Unchained... lights hit Dave standing on the drum riser and he hollers "Alright Evansville"... jumps of and does the splits mid air... the second he hits the ground the whole band kicks in and the light come up on stage...

That my friends...... IS rock and roll!
                                I have the Evansville bootleg! PM me, we can work something out.

Unchained for sure!
                                Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

Working...