Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

The Japanese shows sucked. Couple of good spots though. But that's a lotta you tubes to get through to the good.

But hopefully dave has been working and will be in top shape on the 31st.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Wasn't the thing lit because Dave came back into the fold? Last I checked....

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

si
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
          Wasn't the thing lit because Dave came back into the fold? Last I checked....
          I thought it was because the Army T Shirts were on sale!
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

you should see the shirts behind this skin...
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
              Full Member Status

• May 2010

We had many heated disturbing fucking scrapping in tha alley behind the bar discussion threads around here for quite some time over the torch and what it stood for.

We all decided or someone decided that it was a DLR site and it should be lit.

Perhaps, if MA rejoins we could make the torch interactive change it up somewhat, or find room on the Forum Title Page for a torch gif or change the color to some "special hue" that makes everyone happy.
              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Snuff the torch..........I'm pretty sure my views on the "Live" album are well established by now!

Hell, I'm not even going to bootleg the fuck out of it because it's not even worth the effort to get it and give it away for free.

Cato's boots of the Tokyo shows are way better than the two "official" songs I've heard from this blatant ill-conceived cash grab.

I'll probably go and see them live one last time to pay my respects.......much like you'd go to a high school teacher's funeral that was cool to you in school and gave you a few breaks when you needed them. More as a final goodbye than being excited to see the new tunes live on the latest tour(which, duh.....we get none).

Band's toast, the Fagar Sheep will have a field day bashing this piss poor bullshit live album and you know........I can't disagree with them, this time.

After years of owning Fagar Sheep, I'd be just like them if I defended this utter crap that they plan on releasing!

So you'll get a final few hundred bucks from me, guys.......hope you budget your money well because this will be the last money you'll get from me and I'm not even a 100% sure I'll go see them this time! If Dave's singing like the last tour, I'm not wasting money on this bullshit!
                Originally posted by vandeleur
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                  We had many heated disturbing fucking scrapping in tha alley behind the bar discussion threads around here for quite some time over the torch and what it stood for.

We all decided or someone decided that it was a DLR site and it should be lit.

Perhaps, if MA rejoins we could make the torch interactive change it up somewhat, or find room on the Forum Title Page for a torch gif or change the color to some "special hue" that makes everyone happy.
                  Maybe we can just change it to a flaming carrot.

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
                    Snuff the torch..........I'm pretty sure my views on the "Live" album are well established by now!

Hell, I'm not even going to bootleg the fuck out of it because it's not even worth the effort to get it and give it away for free.

Cato's boots of the Tokyo shows are way better than the two "official" songs I've heard from this blatant ill-conceived cash grab.

I'll probably go and see them live one last time to pay my respects.......much like you'd go to a high school teacher's funeral that was cool to you in school and gave you a few breaks when you needed them. More as a final goodbye than being excited to see the new tunes live on the latest tour(which, duh.....we get none).

Band's toast, the Fagar Sheep will have a field day bashing this piss poor bullshit live album and you know........I can't disagree with them, this time.

After years of owning Fagar Sheep, I'd be just like them if I defended this utter crap that they plan on releasing!

So you'll get a final few hundred bucks from me, guys.......hope you budget your money well because this will be the last money you'll get from me and I'm not even a 100% sure I'll go see them this time! If Dave's singing like the last tour, I'm not wasting money on this bullshit!
                    Uh, didn't you see Jeff's review from the VHND? He says it's great. He claims it's much different listening to the whole album, as opposed to just clips.

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Von Halen
                      Uh, didn't you see Jeff's review from the VHND? He says it's great. He claims it's much different listening to the whole album, as opposed to just clips.
                      As I stated.....Cato's boots are better!

And yes, I get the sarcasm in your post

If Dave is actually singing somewhere near the key the songs were originally recorded in, I might go so............maybe we'll hook up for a brew or two before the Detroit shows, bro!
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                        Full Member Status

• May 2010

Maybe we can just change it to a flaming carrot.
                        Yeah!! like when my drinking buddy would go out to the parking lot and put rainbow bumper stickers on all our other buddies cars. And they would report back to us the next day about their bewilderment of being paid -extra attention to- by other drivers all the way home and some for days till they saw the back of their cars again.

I do think -special hue - are the last two words, that have never been grouped together until now, in the whole history of the 7 internets.

I am all for the specializing of the hue.
                        2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                        clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
                          As I stated.....Cato's boots are better!

And yes, I get the sarcasm in your post

If Dave is actually singing somewhere near the key the songs were originally recorded in, I might go so............maybe we'll hook up for a brew or two before the Detroit shows, bro!
                          Sounds like a plan. As much shit as I talk, I will probably go to one show. If Dave is on his game, I'll go to more. If he sounds like Panama from this album, no way in hell I'm going to more than one.

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

Sounds like a plan. As much shit as I talk, I will probably go to one show. If Dave is on his game, I'll go to more. If he sounds like Panama from this album, no way in hell I'm going to more than one.
                            That is 100% what I'm going to do........if the youtube clips are showing Dave singing like in 2012, one show maybe but no more!

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Maybe we can do a Roth Army group hug in DTown. Of course, NickD won't come because he's scared of the blacks. Maybe that fucking Flamma Canadian will come! Those other flaming Canucks too!

Comment

• kwame k
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Feb 2008

Maybe we can do a Roth Army group hug in DTown. Of course, NickD won't come because he's scared of the blacks. Maybe that fucking Flamma Canadian will come! Those other flaming Canucks too!
                                The "meetup" is far more interesting than the actual show........as it stands right now!
                                Last edited by kwame k; 03-19-2015, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Working...