X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • So this is love
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Nickfresh you know I appreciate your sig but this can get me in trouble with the wife and kids around...lol
    Last edited by So this is love; 12-01-2012, 07:03 PM.
    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
      Nickfresh you know I appreciate your sig but this can get me in trouble with the wife and kids around...lol
      You need to have multiple windows open!

As for the thread, all games CANCELLED 'TIL January 1st...
      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-11-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

President Obama: President Obama: NHL players, owners need to ‘do right by your fans’:

You know, look. I've got to say, because we've had an NBA lockout, we've had an NFL lockout during the course of my presidency, the president of the United States shouldn't have to get involved in a sports lockout. My message to owners and to players is, you guys make a lot of money and you make a lot of money on the backs of fans, so do right by your fans. You can figure out how to spread out a bunch of revenue that you're bringing in, but do right by the people who support you. And I shouldn't have to be involved in a dispute between really wealthy players and even wealthier owners. They should be able to settle this themselves. And remember who it is that's putting all that money in their pockets.
        Yahoo Sports

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Hey! NHL Games were cancelled until mid-January...

yeah...I didn't notice either...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            Hey! NHL Games were cancelled until mid-January...

yeah...I didn't notice either...

I think that was the NHL's plan all along in an attempt to squeeze the NHLPA to accept a deal they felt they needed to sign....

IMO, they'll get the deal signed, play a 48-game season, and all is well....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              ...and all is well....
              wishful thinking...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                wishful thinking...
                I know, but I really think that even as stupid as this lockout has been, and as many millions that both sides have already lost, they both realize that they just can't lose another season...

The long-term impacts would be huge....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

I know, but I really think that even as stupid as this lockout has been, and as many millions that both sides have already lost, they both realize that they just can't lose another season...

The long-term impacts would be huge....
                  They may already be...maybe not in hockey hotbeds...but in the fringe towns...like Raleigh for example...

Ultimately, that may not be a bad thing for the NHL...but overall...just fucking ridiculous...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

The only reason there is a lockout is because of Bettman's failed plan.

I know he had a dream of the big TV contract, but he went about it the wrong way.

He should have come from a position of strength...going only to the strongest hockey markets with some consideration for population, etc.

I mean in Anaheim if you buy one season ticket you get one for free. That can't be a sustainable plan.

This lockout is to prop up the bottom 10 teams that Bettman is ultimately responsible for as well as protecting the owners from themselves.

You are correct VA, this was always the date and always the number of games that was to be played this season.
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                      You are correct VA, this was always the date and always the number of games that was to be played this season.
                      It's always good to see that the plan is to fuck over the fans...to get what they want...

Well-Played..

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Yes...not cool. You have to think Bettman's hold on the NHL is waning.

He is simply there at the behest of a particular group of owners, led by the idiotic Bruin's owner and chairman of the NHL Board of Governors - Jeremy Jacobs.

As long as that group votes Bettman in to attend to their agenda this will continue.

I remember when I forgot about baseball after the labour disruption. I have never really been back.

I imagine the very same thing is happenning in the US for hockey as we speak.
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                          Yes...not cool. You have to think Bettman's hold on the NHL is waning.

He is simply there at the behest of a particular group of owners, led by the idiotic Bruin's owner and chairman of the NHL Board of Governors - Jeremy Jacobs.

As long as that group votes Bettman in to attend to their agenda this will continue.

I remember when I forgot about baseball after the labour disruption. I have never really been back.

I imagine the very same thing is happenning in the US for hockey as we speak.
                          While there is a staunch, core group of fans that are standing by hockey, and will always stand by hockey...

I can safely tell you that for most, it's almost a non-story...

What's the old saying...

"fool me once...shame on me...fool me twice...shame on you?"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Wait...I think that's wrong...

'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again.'

Ahhhh...President Bush...

1.jpg

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Well, Fehr isn't a Boy Scout himself, remember.....

Let's not forget who was in charge of the MLBPA when MLB missed the World Series in '94....

And friggin' Congress got involved with that one....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Well, Fehr isn't a Boy Scout himself, remember.....

Let's not forget who was in charge of the MLBPA when MLB missed the World Series in '94....

And friggin' Congress got involved with that one....
                                Yeah...Fehr's been a dickhead for years...but players love him because he holds his ground...

Hockey is on the edge of fringe...and some would say they are already fringe...

Comment

Working...